Pages: 1 ... 217 218 219 [220] 221 222 223 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1217533 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3285 on: Sunday, May 10, 2020, 14:03:26 »

The problem is short of getting the army roaming the streets how to we keep the lockdown going as it was with many now flouting it. The army on the streets would mean compliance by fear and end in disaster IMO.
So the alternative is a very slowly phased exit to try and keep the general public on board.

Absolute nonsense. There are some breaches but by and large compliance has been far better than the govt expected. Suggesting the alternatives are repeating the same mistakes we made two months ago or the army on the streets is absurd
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #3286 on: Sunday, May 10, 2020, 14:06:21 »

Absolute nonsense. There are some breaches but by and large compliance has been far better than the govt expected. Suggesting the alternatives are repeating the same mistakes we made two months ago or the army on the streets is absurd
But the breaches are becoming more prevalent and compliance is falling. How do you get people compliant again other than by force especially with other countries coming out of lockdown.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3287 on: Sunday, May 10, 2020, 14:11:25 »

But the breaches are becoming more prevalent and compliance is falling. How do you get people compliant again other than by force especially with other countries coming out of lockdown.
You sack the oaf responsible for briefing all the papers with that "Freedom Monday" shit we saw last week, you do it publicly and you say why "We're sacking this guy because this was the wrong message, we are still in a serious crisis and if we ease up now not only we will undo all the good work done over the past two months, but many more people will die who don't need to". You use tonight's TV address to do that and hammer home the message in all the press briefings, on and off the record, this week. What you don't do is unveil yet another vacuous fucklng slogan that implies we don't need to Stay Home any more because somehow if we are sufficiently "Alert" we won't catch the virus. Because up until now it has been spreading by sneaking up on people not paying attention
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #3288 on: Sunday, May 10, 2020, 14:21:03 »

You sack the oaf responsible for briefing all the papers with that "Freedom Monday" shit we saw last week, you do it publicly and you say why "We're sacking this guy because this was the wrong message, we are still in a serious crisis and if we ease up now not only we will undo all the good work done over the past two months, but many more people will die who don't need to". You use tonight's TV address to do that and hammer home the message in all the press briefings, on and off the record, this week. What you don't do is unveil yet another vacuous fucklng slogan that implies we don't need to Stay Home any more because somehow if we are sufficiently "Alert" we won't catch the virus. Because up until now it has been spreading by sneaking up on people not paying attention
Some workplaces are reopening and people are going to be returning to work so the stay at home mantra isn’t strictly true anymore. On Europe’s biggest building site we’re back up to 2000 on site as it’s a project of national importance. We’re at the first step of the next phase of this so mantra needs to subtly change, why we need a slogan at all is another debate really!
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #3289 on: Sunday, May 10, 2020, 14:29:42 »

I bet SAGE and the scientists could do with your hindsight and opinions 😂😂
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #3290 on: Sunday, May 10, 2020, 14:34:12 »

I bet SAGE and the scientists could do with your hindsight and opinions 😂😂

If you go back to the start of the thread I think you will find it’s not hindsight.  Argue the merits of his opinion but it has been consistent.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #3291 on: Sunday, May 10, 2020, 16:15:17 »

I see there have been significant anti lockdown protests in Germany, not quite the rosy picture of how things should be done that many have portrayed.
REDBUCK

« Reply #3292 on: Sunday, May 10, 2020, 16:26:30 »

And german infection rates being reported as rising
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #3293 on: Sunday, May 10, 2020, 16:29:55 »

And doctors posing naked as a protest against PPE shortages...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3294 on: Sunday, May 10, 2020, 18:05:20 »

As they come out of lockdown. Glad to see you agree about the importance of maintaining lockdown, although comparisons with other countries are, of course, meaningless
REDBUCK

« Reply #3295 on: Sunday, May 10, 2020, 18:17:06 »

Wasn't comparing just reporting and its so kind of you to be glad for me.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #3296 on: Sunday, May 10, 2020, 18:18:13 »

We were far too slow to enter lockdown and we have paid the price with the worst death toll in Europe.

Just to clarify was it the Tories who didn't lock down early enough in Wales, Scotland, NI?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3297 on: Sunday, May 10, 2020, 18:21:23 »

bit of a pointless address for me.

I can go out more and sit on park benches.

and some stuff in the future.

they need to release far more detail straight after
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #3298 on: Sunday, May 10, 2020, 18:25:11 »

bit of a pointless address for me.

I can go out more and sit on park benches.

and some stuff in the future.

they need to release far more detail straight after

What kind of details did you want?
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #3299 on: Sunday, May 10, 2020, 18:32:00 »

As far as I can see the address has gone down well with Tories supporters, clear concise instructions. For those with strong anti Tory views the address was sending out confusing and mixed messages.

Water is also wet
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 219 [220] 221 222 223 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: