Pages: 1 ... 207 208 209 [210] 211 212 213 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1216935 times)
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #3135 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2020, 19:52:21 »

Shit, not good. Whatever the rights and wrongs, he was a key component of the scientific advice. Losing him weakens SAGE
Another ‘journalist’ gets their scoop and puts out all the details including other parties name. Why let a national emergency and a story that could be detrimental to the health of the country get in the way of getting some headlines and selling stories. The majority of the press have shown themselves to be nothing more than vultures during this talking advantage of death.
Flashheart

« Reply #3136 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2020, 19:56:15 »

Another ‘journalist’ gets their scoop and puts out all the details including other parties name.

This crossed my mind.

No sympathy for the woman if she's been cheating, but what about her husband and kids? They'll be going through the humiliation and torment of having the news of their wife/mother cheating in the national press. They've even added a fucking photo of her. That was completely unnecesary, what does it add to the story?

Gutter press. The fucking lot of them.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #3137 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2020, 20:03:28 »

This crossed my mind.

No sympathy for the woman if she's been cheating, but what about her husband and kids? They'll be going through the humiliation and torment of having the news of their wife/mother cheating in the national press. They've even added a fucking photo of her. That was completely unnecesary, what does it add to the story?

Piers Morgan is lapping it up which says everything you need to know!
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #3138 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2020, 20:15:30 »

So why not quote that, not dramatic enough.

If we want to talk pathetic political behaviour this is down there with the worst:
https://twitter.com/rachaelvenables/status/1257567806918406145?s=21

Something I'd also call pathetic political behaviour is the attempt at tit for tat in the second half of your post.
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #3139 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2020, 20:18:59 »

This crossed my mind.

Interesting that the source has had the evidence of the first breach of lockdown since 30th March and the second visit on 8th April.  But the Telegraph publish their story over a month later.  On the day the UK is reported to have had more total deaths than any other country bar the USA.  

I wonder what tomorrow's headlines will be
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #3140 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2020, 20:28:51 »

Interesting that the source has had the evidence of the first breach of lockdown since 30th March and the second visit on 8th April.  But the Telegraph publish their story over a month later.  On the day the UK is reported to have had more total deaths than any other country bar the USA. 

I wonder what tomorrow's headlines will be

Don't forget the FOREIGN HACXORS. Reckon the Express, Mail etc will mange to get the death toll back p38
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #3141 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2020, 22:56:59 »

This crossed my mind.

just imagine if (god forbid) this woman took her own life following her picture being on the front page of every newspaper and not being able to deal with this. those same papers will be back out with the #bekind as if they arent to blame again and again.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #3142 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2020, 23:38:56 »

This crossed my mind.

That's her fucking problem.

Live by the sword and die by it.

Consequences to actions.

She and the fella she fucker about with made it all happen.

Clems Army!
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #3143 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2020, 05:07:26 »

Now the US is disbanding it’s coronavirus taskforce will the UK be far behind?

Looks like the move is on to merely ‘manage’ the pandemic then actively vanquish it.

Be honest, if in 3 months time football was allowed to return with fans, who’d actually feel safe enough to attend?
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #3144 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2020, 06:35:09 »

Not a chance tbh. That will be right when the second wave starts picking up if history repeats itself with pandemics.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #3145 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2020, 06:57:54 »

I don’t understand why they keep saying there will be no second wave after the so-called lockdown is lifted - of course there will it is just a question of how small/managed it is

I come from a land down-under
Flashheart

« Reply #3146 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2020, 07:19:44 »

That's her fucking problem.

Live by the sword and die by it.

Consequences to actions.

She and the fella she fucker about with made it all happen.

You completely missed the point.

What about her husband, and her kids? Those people that I specifically mentioned.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3147 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2020, 07:40:04 »

well the story is in the public interest. not sure about the naming mind.

apparently she is in an open  relationship, so while that doesn't lessen the impact at least the husband probably knew
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #3148 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2020, 08:27:54 »

Shit, not good. Whatever the rights and wrongs, he was a key component of the scientific advice. Losing him weakens SAGE

Much as I dislike this government, you have to admire their control of the narrative, by making sure the story comes out today....

- Distracts from highest death toll (barely gets a mention as Ferguson is all over front pages);

- Removes powerful pro-lockdown voice from SAGE just as govt wants to wind it down;

- Reduces authority of scientists at point when it’s time to start shifting blame;

Dead cats are flying around all over the place, today we have;

- Neil Ferguson resigns after witchhunt.
- Theresa May criticises global virus response suggesting that a global rather than national approach should have been taken (I know from the women who made much of internationalists were 'citizens of nowhere').
- Youth unemployment is a major issue. (Indeed it is, but why suddenly a big issue?)
- Climate change must be addressed after lockdown. (Indeed it is, but why suddenly a big issue?)

The pearl clutching in the media regarding his affair with a married woman (which I am not condoning) has been somewhat hypocritical when the self same media was last week celebrating our PM having a baby which was conceived whilst its father was, yep, a married man!

Oh and finally while I am ranting, the fucking BBC banging on this morning about him breaking lockdown and then following it immediately with a celebratory story of Michael sodding Ball going to meet the 100year old Tom Moore!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3149 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2020, 08:28:46 »

Another ‘journalist’ gets their scoop and puts out all the details including other parties name. Why let a national emergency and a story that could be detrimental to the health of the country get in the way of getting some headlines and selling stories. The majority of the press have shown themselves to be nothing more than vultures during this talking advantage of death.
So think about it. The Telegraph are the most slavish promoters of Johnson in the press. Yesterday from about 4 on the headlines were all about the fact we now have the worst death rates in Europe. Then at 8ish the Telegraph drop a story they've been sat on for weeks. Cilit Dead Cat - Splash on the Philandering Scientist and Bang! Your inconvenient front pages about the worst death rates in Europe are gone. Classic Dom, as they say.
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 209 [210] 211 212 213 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: