Pages: 1 ... 203 204 205 [206] 207 208 209 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1217051 times)
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #3075 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2020, 05:48:32 »

I'd agree, virtually every bell end I've encountered has been in the 30-50 age bracket.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #3076 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2020, 07:02:24 »

I'd agree, virtually every bell end I've encountered has been in the 30-50 age bracket.
Phew!
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #3077 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2020, 07:52:36 »

In my experience, the rudest and most ignorant people in lockdown have been couples over 40. Won't make an effort to keep distance on walks, don't acknowledge when we walk in the road to make space, going to the supermarket in pairs... the kids I've encountered have been polite and all too keen to help stay 2m apart.

Funny you should say that, yesterday I  was queueing outside the shop and everyone was doing brilliantly at keeping their distance. Once inside the shop the middle aged couple behind me brushed past  Roll Eyes I did comment.
Teenagers appear to be the ones meeting up in vast numbers and ignoring the rules. Obviously these comments regard a few numpties, not everyone. There's that lad in RWB who has been collared about 6 times now.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, May 5, 2020, 07:54:50 by 4D » Logged
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #3078 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2020, 08:18:22 »

This contact tracing app stuff is a bit concerning. Obviously the principle of it is excellent, but they seem to have taken all good security practices and binned them for an app developed by a friend of a friend. Not sure this is really how a serious health emergency should be handled.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #3079 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2020, 08:20:25 »

Just read that the government are now paying the wages of 23% of employed people in Britain,  some 6.3 million. Got me thinking, so only 27m out of 66m in the UK are employed. I believe there are roughly 5m self employed so 34m are either retired, too young to work or out of work. That's over 50% of the population, surely that's not correct?

About 12m are state pension age, around the same are under 16 and then you have around 2m or so in Higher Education. You're going to have couples where one works and one stays at home also and a load of other factors, but in the simplest terms, the figure isn't as surprising as it sounds.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #3080 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2020, 08:23:06 »

In my experience, the rudest and most ignorant people in lockdown have been couples over 40. Won't make an effort to keep distance on walks, don't acknowledge when we walk in the road to make space, going to the supermarket in pairs... the kids I've encountered have been polite and all too keen to help stay 2m apart.

Not just lockdown, been the same for years. One of the reasons I hate supermarkets and avoid them is they are full of ignorant wankers with no spatial awareness, the worse case round here being Sainsbury's which is full of middle age. middle class twats who should know better.
Banker

On The Bank

Ignore
« Reply #3081 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2020, 08:52:30 »

Funny you should say that, yesterday I  was queueing outside the shop and everyone was doing brilliantly at keeping their distance. Once inside the shop the middle aged couple behind me brushed past  Roll Eyes .....

Funny you should say that too, yesterday @ Aldi Coped Hall rbout, well disciplined, socially distanced and patient shoppers queuing outside, get inside and an impatient chaotic log jam in the first aisle !

IMO Supermarkets should reduce the numbers inside and insist on a one way system only, forget anything and you have to go back around and join the conga once again. Most won't bother and leave it until the next visit. Any natural dawdlers should chivvy it along with people waiting behind them, tutting and sighing.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: Tuesday, May 5, 2020, 08:54:40 by Banker » Logged

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #3082 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2020, 09:00:39 »

Stop dissing us old folk you bunch of cunts.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #3083 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2020, 09:03:00 »

Its probably a 'London' thing where most people seem to be completely unaware of anyone other than themselves (don't get me started on the people in our apartment block who can't enter or leave without ensuring the front door is slammed as hard as physically possible).

People walking in groups of 2 or more who insist on taking up as much of the pavement as possible. When the wife and I go out for a walk we will go in single file to try and keep social distancing, other people don't seem to bother.

Joggers - I get that people like to run specific routes etc but we live within walking distance of Battersea Park and Clapham Common, which provide ample space for jogging. That doesn't stop joggers squeezing in and out of people on the pavements. I really have to be properly aware so as not to have people running into the back of me, sweating all over the place.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #3084 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2020, 09:13:49 »

IMO Supermarkets should reduce the numbers inside and insist on a one way system only, forget anything and you have to go back around and join the conga once again.

Already doing that up here, mate got to one end of a deserted veg aisle and remembered something he had passed, tried to go back, got a bollocking from a member of staff who was not accepting the argument that it was OK as there was no one else in the aisle, and had to go the whole way around again from scratch!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #3085 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2020, 09:14:29 »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52540266

'Murica!!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3086 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2020, 09:15:32 »

This contact tracing app stuff is a bit concerning. Obviously the principle of it is excellent, but they seem to have taken all good security practices and binned them for an app developed by a friend of a friend. Not sure this is really how a serious health emergency should be handled.
Indeed but then it's consistent with how they've handled the rest of it. The way the app has been handled is a disgrace, but Test, Trace, Isolate is our only safe way out of this, so if it's a choice between thousands more dying and surrendering some of my data to Cambridge Analytica 2.0, then it's the lesser of two evils for me.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3087 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2020, 09:23:29 »

ONS figures for all deaths up to April 24th are out and it's not good. 42,000 excess deaths due to Covid19, means once we get the figures for where we are now in a couple of weeks we will be well over 50,000. I'm sure other countries will be looking at that "apparent success" and looking to learn from it. Horrendous.

ONS stats:
https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/deaths/bulletins/deathsregisteredweeklyinenglandandwalesprovisional/weekending24april2020

Chris Giles' analysis (and comparison to his earlier prediction)
https://twitter.com/ChrisGiles_/status/1257594955922628614

« Last Edit: Tuesday, May 5, 2020, 09:26:31 by pauld » Logged

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #3088 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2020, 09:27:20 »

US say they’ll be hitting 3000 per day soon.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3089 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2020, 09:28:02 »

US say they’ll be hitting 3000 per day soon.
And yet they want to lift the lockdown? Insane
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 205 [206] 207 208 209 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: