Pages: 1 ... 185 186 187 [188] 189 190 191 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1217077 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #2805 on: Friday, April 24, 2020, 10:38:30 »

That's probably what the phone call between Johnson and Trump earlier in the week was about. At least, let's hope it was that and not Trump passing on his latest breakthrough medical advice.

SKY BREAKING: PM rushed to hospital with bleach poisoning

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/coronavirus-covid19-poison-control-bleach-cdc-hand-sanitizer
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #2806 on: Friday, April 24, 2020, 10:46:05 »

if ever there was a doubt  in test capacity...

https://twitter.com/DHSCgovuk/status/1253627976442433537?s=09

only surprise is the IT system didn't fall over
So the problem wasn't lack of demand after all then?

This govt is very long on promises, extremely short on delivery. 10 days after Hancock promised everyone in a care home who needed a test could get one, it turns out to not actually be true:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/24/sick-care-home-residents-not-tested-despite-uk-government-pledge

If they focused more on actually building the infrastructure instead of making meaningless "pledges" at the daily press love in, we might be in a better position. But they seem to be just making the promise, ticking the box to say "yep that's done" and moving on, instead of actually following through.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #2807 on: Friday, April 24, 2020, 10:57:29 »

My wife had to tell off our step daughters girlfriend for doing exactly this a couple of weeks ago, she basically ruined 50% of the food that was delivered. Unfuckingbelievable.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #2808 on: Friday, April 24, 2020, 12:11:35 »

So the problem wasn't lack of demand after all then?

This govt is very long on promises, extremely short on delivery. 10 days after Hancock promised everyone in a care home who needed a test could get one, it turns out to not actually be true:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/24/sick-care-home-residents-not-tested-despite-uk-government-pledge

If they focused more on actually building the infrastructure instead of making meaningless "pledges" at the daily press love in, we might be in a better position. But they seem to be just making the promise, ticking the box to say "yep that's done" and moving on, instead of actually following through.

they knew that it wasnt a lack of demand in general. it was a lack of demand at the drive through centres which they said. testing capacity has continued to increased and with more drive ins and home testing becoming available the number of tested should rapidly increase next week and further ahead.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #2809 on: Friday, April 24, 2020, 12:14:02 »

they knew that it wasnt a lack of demand in general. it was a lack of demand at the drive through centres which they said. testing capacity has continued to increased and with more drive ins and home testing becoming available the number of tested should rapidly increase next week and further ahead.
Yes, they should. But they're not delivering on the things they announced days, even weeks ago, they're constantly and consistently behind the curve and the constant desire to promise what they cannot deliver is hindering the effort to actually deliver. Like I say, long on promises, short on delivery.
Chunkyhair

Ignore
« Reply #2810 on: Friday, April 24, 2020, 12:30:45 »

Yes, they should. But they're not delivering on the things they announced days, even weeks ago, they're constantly and consistently behind the curve and the constant desire to promise what they cannot deliver is hindering the effort to actually deliver. Like I say, long on promises, short on delivery.

This.

I described yesterdays briefing as a car crash. Having not being able to bring myself to watch briefings for a couple of weeks I was probably re-calibrating my "incensed" levels.  What it was in fact was Hancock getting into a car to prepare for a crash by promising lots, getting people excited, then delivering short.

It has been a constant feature - some honesty would be nice.

No one kills a thread like me....
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #2811 on: Friday, April 24, 2020, 13:21:28 »

I heard that schools are to get grants to assist with distance learning. Teams and Google Classroom could be used. Think the government want more teacher/student interaction. Announcement on Friday.

Looks like I was correct.

https://covid19.thekeysupport.com/covid-19/deliver-remote-learning/make-tech-work-you/digital-education-platform-hub/

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #2812 on: Friday, April 24, 2020, 14:08:39 »

I haven’t watched the Uk briefing for a few weeks but I have been watching Trumps most nights. It’s utterly fascinating- every minute during his questions at the end you have to say to yourself this is the POTUS with disbelief. it’s brilliant when CNN ask him questions and just waiting for his response. it really is like a comedy sketch

I am exactly the same!  Addicted to Trump's briefings.  I'd only ever seen 1 min soundbites on the news but it's when you see 1-2 hours of him night after night you realise i. he is either a bit thick or a bit nuts (or both); ii. he is so unbelievably thin-skinned and takes any form of criticism (whether fair or harsh) as a personal political attack; iii. he doesn't seem to possess any form of empathy - there's a total lack of comfort in his words, he's too ready to go on some rambling attack on Russia witchhunts; Obama trade deals; the Media etc etc whilst constantly self-promoting.

The unchallenged lies go on night after night.  He regularly says that America has done more covid-19 tests than all other countries added together.  That is an easy provable lie (even Europe have combined done more tests) yet he repeats it again and again.

Then you get ridiculous and irrelevant lies.  Like the one about the rally he held in New Jersey at a 9,000 capacity stadium where there were 175,000 people queuing outside who couldn't get in.  Just imagine the reality of that - it's mental!

And every night without fail he will at some point reference "the last great pandemic of 1917" which happened in 1918.  Every single night!
Flashheart

« Reply #2813 on: Friday, April 24, 2020, 14:12:04 »

I wish he'd shut the fuck up. Every time he opens his trap the USD drops a little and that's the currency I am mostly paid in.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #2814 on: Friday, April 24, 2020, 14:48:11 »

I’m stockpiling Dettol and will be hawking it around the villages on a handcart.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #2815 on: Friday, April 24, 2020, 15:05:15 »

Dettol on the rocks will be the new gin - you heard it here first

I come from a land down-under
Barry Scott

« Reply #2816 on: Friday, April 24, 2020, 16:17:27 »

He's comedy gold. I want to watch one of his briefings now.

https://twitter.com/bostonradio/status/1253646244490219520
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #2817 on: Friday, April 24, 2020, 16:29:30 »

He's comedy gold. I want to watch one of his briefings now.

https://twitter.com/bostonradio/status/1253646244490219520

I started watching on bbc news website but having missed the first hour one night I went onto Facebook live And it’s better as you can just fast forward to the q and a. None of this Uk briefing list of journalists to talk through, just who can shout the loudest and who isn’t CNN
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #2818 on: Friday, April 24, 2020, 16:35:07 »

It's amazing how wrong Hollywood got all this.

Hollywood Pandemics = maniacs shooting everyone with law and order having broken down
Reality Pandemics - people hoard toilet roll and go on long walks

Hollywood President = starts having slightly odd thoughts and is carted off by worried Generals, being relived of power to avoid setting of WW3
Reality President = starts insane, gets nuttier, recommends a course of action that would probably kill off the population and is allowed 2 hours a day to rant at the world
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #2819 on: Friday, April 24, 2020, 16:42:45 »

Actually, I take that back:

Pages: 1 ... 185 186 187 [188] 189 190 191 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: