Pages: 1 ... 163 164 165 [166] 167 168 169 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1217208 times)
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #2475 on: Sunday, April 12, 2020, 17:33:36 »

The app is used by Guys and St Thomas biomedical research.
I have been filling it in for a week or so

I have, too. There’s some more info about it here:

https://www.intervalstudy.org.uk/files/2020/04/INTERVAL-COVID-19-Newsletter-30.03.20.pdf
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #2476 on: Sunday, April 12, 2020, 17:49:10 »

There is an app that tracks by self reporting, and prompts you every day to update your symptoms

Can download at https://covid.joinzoe.com/ 2.3m have contributed so far. 2.5k contributors from Swindon, of which 3.29% self reporting as having symptoms

Not sure how official that is though, or what backing it has. Doesn’t ask for any identifiable data outside of postcode and age, so must be fairly altruistic

There’s an NHS online survey too, but that’s not available in app form and is a bit more of a chore to update on the regular. The join or one takes a minute or so to complete to start with, and then a few seconds each day

Yh that’s the one I was referring to. Imagine if it was mentioned in a daily briefing/ newspapers / social media. 2.3million is good, but if it was promoted correctly as a necessity it could be fantastic and such a simple solution to track and trace and see infection rates.

Edit. This new nhs app they are trying to roll out could work. Just seems a waste starting at zero users when 2.3m are already using the other. Privacy laws etc and data ownership I’m sure. Will keep an eye on this with some positivity if the trial in the north east goes well
« Last Edit: Sunday, April 12, 2020, 17:52:15 by singingiiiffy » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2477 on: Sunday, April 12, 2020, 17:53:38 »

where do you find the Swindon stats?
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #2478 on: Sunday, April 12, 2020, 17:55:44 »

where do you find the Swindon stats?

Here:

https://covid.joinzoe.com/data
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2479 on: Sunday, April 12, 2020, 18:09:07 »

ta, didn't realise it was clickable
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #2480 on: Sunday, April 12, 2020, 18:13:29 »

I should have said.  Girl Giggle
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #2481 on: Monday, April 13, 2020, 09:28:39 »

‘Special permission’

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-michael-gove-given-special-permission-to-test-daughter-with-covid-19-symptoms-11972552
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2482 on: Monday, April 13, 2020, 10:05:59 »

I can't believe I'm sticking up for Gove here, but inexplicably he is a key figure in government so I can see why they allowed it.

but this should be standard practice for any front line worker in order to allow them to take the appropriate action
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #2483 on: Monday, April 13, 2020, 16:22:47 »

There has to be a practical reason. How are after three weeks ‘lockdown’ an increase in cases? When considered the perceived incubation period. I am not on about the death rate at all just an increase in new cases which I guess are being recorded by the NHS as actual not suspected. Just curious as if this carries on then we’ll be in theory, ‘lockdown’ for a year. I am not in the mood for fucking retard answer, please can we be mildly sensible?
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #2484 on: Monday, April 13, 2020, 16:40:46 »

There has to be a practical reason. How are after three weeks ‘lockdown’ an increase in cases? When considered the perceived incubation period. I am not on about the death rate at all just an increase in new cases which I guess are being recorded by the NHS as actual not suspected. Just curious as if this carries on then we’ll be in theory, ‘lockdown’ for a year. I am not in the mood for fucking retard answer, please can we be mildly sensible?

Because we are doing more testing than we were 3 weeks ago.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #2485 on: Monday, April 13, 2020, 17:00:17 »

Just that?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #2486 on: Monday, April 13, 2020, 17:10:20 »

There has to be a practical reason. How are after three weeks ‘lockdown’ an increase in cases?
Because what we are seeing now is a result of the what we did or didn't do weeks ago. This is why countries that implemented lockdown (or some variant of the partial lockdown we have) quickly after seeing their first cases have comparatively lower cases and so also fewer deaths. Whereas countries that failed to do so, like the UK and the US, are seeing high death rates.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #2487 on: Monday, April 13, 2020, 17:11:01 »

We're not. We are doing more testing because we have more cases presenting to hospital, not the other way round.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #2488 on: Monday, April 13, 2020, 17:21:38 »

As per PaulD's response, this is still the tail of what happened weeks ago.

Look at Swindon's official numbers as a guide - hardly any confirmed cases but a ridiculous amount of deaths as a percentage.  It shows the UK is testing once they present to a hospital, not once they might think they have the virus.  Swindon's numbers tell me quite quickly that the confirmed cases number is massively under reported for the UK.

It can be up to 14 days after infection (sometimes longer) before you may even begin to show any symptoms.  Imagine it takes another 10-14 days for those symptoms to cause you to rock up at a hospital, then another 10-21 days before you pop your clogs.  You could be seeing deaths 7 weeks after infection (in extreme cases).  You probably have another 2 weeks before you start to see it decline after the lock down started.  If you were testing as soon as someone suspected they might have it, you'd probably already be seeing the number go down using that method.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #2489 on: Monday, April 13, 2020, 17:45:23 »

As per PaulD's response, this is still the tail of what happened weeks ago.

Look at Swindon's official numbers as a guide - hardly any confirmed cases but a ridiculous amount of deaths as a percentage.  It shows the UK is testing once they present to a hospital, not once they might think they have the virus.  Swindon's numbers tell me quite quickly that the confirmed cases number is massively under reported for the UK.

It can be up to 14 days after infection (sometimes longer) before you may even begin to show any symptoms.  Imagine it takes another 10-14 days for those symptoms to cause you to rock up at a hospital, then another 10-21 days before you pop your clogs.  You could be seeing deaths 7 weeks after infection (in extreme cases).  You probably have another 2 weeks before you start to see it decline after the lock down started.  If you were testing as soon as someone suspected they might have it, you'd probably already be seeing the number go down using that method.

Sorry to be the party pooper but PaulD is one of many on my ignore list. No offence PaulD. It was cull the irritating members to me or leave permanently.
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 165 [166] 167 168 169 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: