Pages: 1 ... 160 161 162 [163] 164 165 166 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1217251 times)
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #2430 on: Saturday, April 11, 2020, 13:19:06 »

Agreed Robert and it will probably be around all summer into the Autumn and God only knows what it will do to the economy
At some point we will reach a stage where the lockdown is a false economy as the long term health issues caused by the lockdown continuing will exceed that of the virus. If we were to stay as we are and allow the economy to collapse and a deep recession (where suicides usually significantly increase) we’d be looking at a significant death toll and thats not even accounting for the mental health issues and subsequent deaths as a result of the lockdown itself. It’s a fine balancing act and why I can see the lockdown only continuing until mid-May at the latest. It may sound like a lack of compassion or even risking some people’s lives but ultimately we still need to pay for the country to keep going and that includes the NHS.

We just need to comply for with the guidelines for the next few weeks, get to manageable case levels and slowly phase things back in to get back to some kind of ‘normality’
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #2431 on: Saturday, April 11, 2020, 13:27:31 »

End of May is my guestimate
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #2432 on: Saturday, April 11, 2020, 13:30:15 »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8210029/Police-threaten-man-pepper-spray-arrest-running-errands-mother.html

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #2433 on: Saturday, April 11, 2020, 13:32:41 »

At some point we will reach a stage where the lockdown is a false economy as the long term health issues caused by the lockdown continuing will exceed that of the virus. If we were to stay as we are and allow the economy to collapse and a deep recession (where suicides usually significantly increase) we’d be looking at a significant death toll and thats not even accounting for the mental health issues and subsequent deaths as a result of the lockdown itself. It’s a fine balancing act and why I can see the lockdown only continuing until mid-May at the latest. It may sound like a lack of compassion or even risking some people’s lives but ultimately we still need to pay for the country to keep going and that includes the NHS.

We just need to comply for with the guidelines for the next few weeks, get to manageable case levels and slowly phase things back in to get back to some kind of ‘normality’

I expect the government to watch Italy & Spain to see how they do things to give them an idea on when to lift the lockdown

So, give no fucks
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #2434 on: Saturday, April 11, 2020, 13:35:24 »

It isn't going to be a one-off phase back to normality and then it's done. We will have mutliple waves of this. If the govt implement the test, trace and isolate policies that have kept the lid on it in other countries we may be able to limit those subsequent waves to certain localities and hotspots but we are in for rolling lockdowns until a vaccine can be found. Or a return to "take it on the chin" herd immunity and mass deaths
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #2435 on: Saturday, April 11, 2020, 13:44:28 »

Vile

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-52254724
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #2436 on: Saturday, April 11, 2020, 13:50:34 »

Is there a charge similar to 'intent to purposely endanger life' or suchlike?

I come from a land down-under
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #2437 on: Saturday, April 11, 2020, 13:51:40 »

Goes down as assault on emergency worker i think.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #2438 on: Saturday, April 11, 2020, 14:29:20 »

It isn't going to be a one-off phase back to normality and then it's done. We will have mutliple waves of this. If the govt implement the test, trace and isolate policies that have kept the lid on it in other countries we may be able to limit those subsequent waves to certain localities and hotspots but we are in for rolling lockdowns until a vaccine can be found. Or a return to "take it on the chin" herd immunity and mass deaths
Hence how I said slowly phase things back in....
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #2439 on: Saturday, April 11, 2020, 14:50:19 »

I popped to the shop earlier and although you have to queue up outside for 10 minutes I find the whole thing more relaxing than regular shopping trips. Had my trolley cleaned and a bit of hand sanitizer at the start. Everyone seems used to it now too.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #2440 on: Saturday, April 11, 2020, 15:29:44 »

I popped to the shop earlier and although you have to queue up outside for 10 minutes I find the whole thing more relaxing than regular shopping trips. Had my trolley cleaned and a bit of hand sanitizer at the start. Everyone seems used to it now too.

Well put and once you've accepted you're going to be in a queue it's very relaxing and less stressful than normal once you get inside the store

So, give no fucks
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #2441 on: Saturday, April 11, 2020, 15:58:21 »

Priti Patel making the kind of mistake quoting figures that, unlike a certain other politician, will barely get a mention by the press

https://twitter.com/TheMendozaWoman/status/1248998239950508032
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #2442 on: Saturday, April 11, 2020, 15:59:25 »

Yeah, once the crazies bought all of their toilet roll things have become more rational.

I've had to do a few runs for 'essentials' as we assist my wifes elderly grandparents. The only issue I've seen since the queuing system was brought in has been a few entitled people who think they can jump the queue because they 'only need to get... blah blah blah'. I think my local supermarket have assigned their hardened staff on queuing duties as they quite rightly, and politely, tell them to get lost. Not super-easy with these Bristolians.

One lady was arguing when I went in and still going when I left. The general public, man.
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #2443 on: Saturday, April 11, 2020, 16:12:35 »

A journalist from "Lad Bible" just got to ask a question at the Government coronavirus briefing.  Yes, Lad Bible.

And was actually a better question than most of the traditional press pack.

Tomorrow, Brenda from Bristol is up next.
BoA Vagabond

Tufty club

Ignore
« Reply #2444 on: Saturday, April 11, 2020, 17:33:44 »

Priti Patel making the kind of mistake quoting figures that, unlike a certain other politician, will barely get a mention by the press

https://twitter.com/TheMendozaWoman/status/1248998239950508032

Asked where she was hiding weeks ago. Back to hiding again after this. She is hopeless.

Parasitic freeloading season ticket holder scum
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 162 [163] 164 165 166 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: