Pages: 1 ... 155 156 157 [158] 159 160 161 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1217399 times)

Ignore
« Reply #2355 on: Thursday, April 9, 2020, 18:53:13 »

Shame some utter bellends are using the clap for the NHS thing to let off fireworks. Some pricks in my street did this.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #2356 on: Thursday, April 9, 2020, 18:55:39 »

Much better turn out this week, pretty much everyone in our cul-de-sac was out tonight clapping.
Lovely to see.
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #2357 on: Thursday, April 9, 2020, 19:06:46 »

Boris is out of ICU. Smiley Smiley
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #2358 on: Thursday, April 9, 2020, 19:09:12 »

Shame some utter bellends are using the clap for the NHS thing to let off fireworks. Some pricks in my street did this.

We had a football air horn in our area tonight   Smiley
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #2359 on: Thursday, April 9, 2020, 19:12:39 »

Only 4 houses in my cul de sac.
Though were fireworks going off in the distance.
 Angry
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #2360 on: Thursday, April 9, 2020, 19:22:25 »

One of my neighbours set off their house alarm for the full minute.

Also, a solitary firework.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #2361 on: Thursday, April 9, 2020, 19:24:12 »

One of my neighbours was blowing his vuvuzela. Lord only knows why he owns one
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #2362 on: Thursday, April 9, 2020, 19:47:32 »

An old school rattle on our street.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #2363 on: Friday, April 10, 2020, 00:57:27 »

Saucepan from me and an air horn up the road somewhere. I couldn't see from mine properly but I can hear the numbers clapping increasing. It's quite moving. Our old town clock begins it's chime through the street and the wave of support begins.

It isn't for everyone, granted. The couple of houses opposite me don't partake. I'm sure most do in their own way...a raising of a glass, a short peek out the window to observe, a quiet moment of reflection on all that is happening and the clapping back of their Mrs as the eighth chime rings and the reverberation of a saucepan pangs.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Valid Pint

« Reply #2364 on: Friday, April 10, 2020, 02:52:24 »

What's wrong with letting off fireworks?
Someone let off a red smokebomb near me & started shouting about "Swindon boys, we are 'ere" or something similar.

Ignore
« Reply #2365 on: Friday, April 10, 2020, 07:29:26 »

What's wrong with letting off fireworks?

It terrifies animals.

Some of these would have been key workers pets who were alone whilst their owners were at work, while the clapping and cheering(and fireworks going off) was taking place. My neighbours bring their dog out each week for the clapping. It went berserk last night due to the fireworks going off.
Valid Pint

« Reply #2366 on: Friday, April 10, 2020, 08:30:29 »

It terrifies animals.

Some of these would have been key workers pets who were alone whilst their owners were at work, while the clapping and cheering(and fireworks going off) was taking place. My neighbours bring their dog out each week for the clapping. It went berserk last night due to the fireworks going off.
Your personal experience and extrapolation seems a bit of a stretch to persuade people not to let off fireworks, when at the same time people are banging saucepans, and making other unusual and sudden noises.
However, it heartens me that the shared passion for STFC brings people from diverse ways of thinking. I embrace that.
« Last Edit: Friday, April 10, 2020, 08:36:00 by Valid Pint » Logged
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #2367 on: Friday, April 10, 2020, 08:38:05 »

It terrifies animals.

Our dogs hate the fireworks too, they go mental and it means we can't join in the clapping as our dogs go mad at fireworks.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #2368 on: Friday, April 10, 2020, 08:40:26 »

I don’t have any pets so I’m no expert by any stretch but I believe dogs have extremely sensitive hearing hence the issue with fireworks/loud bangs.

My sister used to have a King Charles spaniel that was absolutely terrified of the vacuum cleaner.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #2369 on: Friday, April 10, 2020, 09:23:13 »

Our Springer used to just want to go out in the garden and bark at the fire works. The first one or two would make her jump but then she just went mental at the back door till we let her out.

As for the clapping thing. Someone on our estate arranged for people to park their cars on the main road and beep their horns. We had people playing drums, banging saucepans.

Of course it’s an extremely small example, like aribas but that noise naturally woke up our son and myself who is a night shift working key worker. I can’t imagine I’m the only one to experience this.

It’s slightly different on our estate because the hospital will actually be able to hear & see us.

It’s odd, like...is this clap going to happen every week? Once this has all blown over will we still appreciate the NHS every week? ...or will they not be at the forefront of people’s minds then? What about the other key workers? How many people are joining in with the clapping just for their own smugness?

...and lastly, how many people out their clapping every week vo....I’ll leave it at that....
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 157 [158] 159 160 161 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: