Pages: 1 ... 142 143 144 [145] 146 147 148 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1216900 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #2160 on: Monday, April 6, 2020, 06:35:13 »

Regardless of your political allegiances it obvious that the country needs it prime minister at this time. I wish him well and a speedy recovery.
As usual, well said arriba.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2161 on: Monday, April 6, 2020, 07:35:05 »

even if you really really hate Boris, and would disgustingly use this to point score,, surely that would be tempered by having Dominic fucking Raab as designated stand in.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #2162 on: Monday, April 6, 2020, 08:00:17 »

Boris is a fucking knob, even his supporters would agree with that to some extent.

But we need strong leadership at this time, hopefully Boris improves and gets back to pointing us in the right direction and getting through this shit storm.

Only a true idiot would wish him worse health at this time, we are all in this together.

Lets get through this asap.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #2163 on: Monday, April 6, 2020, 08:47:56 »

Hope he is waiting for ages, gets put on a bed in the corridor, and gets treated by nurses wearing plastic bags.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #2164 on: Monday, April 6, 2020, 08:59:29 »

Hope he is waiting for ages, gets put on a bed in the corridor, and gets treated by nurses wearing plastic bags.
Really? I despise the man as a hopelessly inept politican who must bear a huge share of the blame for how this virus has been allowed to spread in this country and for his own infection, but he's still a human being. No need for that, it diminshes you, not him
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #2165 on: Monday, April 6, 2020, 09:12:15 »

There was predictably always going to be one attention seeking idiot posting something like that.

Best ignore it now
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #2166 on: Monday, April 6, 2020, 09:15:17 »

Nice to see Jacob Rees-Mogg is doing very nicely out of Coronavirus anyway as his disaster capitalism hedge fund urges investors to pile in and make "super normal" profits on the back of businesses failing due to the pandemic

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/apr/05/rees-mogg-firm-accused-of-cashing-in-on-coronavirus-crisis
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #2167 on: Monday, April 6, 2020, 09:19:14 »

Two local food banks have put out an urgent request for more stuff, and our village arranged to have strategically placed boxes, wheelbarrows etc in driveways for folk to drop in the odd tin, packet or bottle as they pass by on their daily exercise. My box had quite a lot of tins put in when we went for our daily walk. When we got back, all that remained was a tin of tomatoes, the rest had gone.
I just hope the person that took the tins is someone in need.
They'll be on Ebay by now !!.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Flashheart

« Reply #2168 on: Monday, April 6, 2020, 09:21:47 »

Really? I despise the man as a hopelessly inept politican who must bear a huge share of the blame for how this virus has been allowed to spread in this country and for his own infection, but he's still a human being. No need for that, it diminshes you, not him

I can see his point in a sense.

It's not that I'd wish it on him; I would not wish it upon anybody. Including all of those that will be experiencing that very thing. However, it's a horrid thought that he'd get all the best treatment while others don't - especially considering he's partly to blame for the NHS struggling so much.

He'll pobably be in a private hospital/ward with 5-star facilities, though.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #2169 on: Monday, April 6, 2020, 09:23:09 »

He'll pobably be in a private hospital/ward with 5-star facilities, though.
He's in St Guys apparently, an NHS hospital. As others have noted, private hospitals aren't really geared up for this kind of thing. They're much more about jumping the queue for elective procedures.
Flashheart

« Reply #2170 on: Monday, April 6, 2020, 09:24:39 »

He'll still be in a private room at least.
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #2171 on: Monday, April 6, 2020, 09:26:14 »

I'd happily see him lined up against the wall when the revolution comes, but wouldn't want him to be uncomfotable with corona.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #2172 on: Monday, April 6, 2020, 09:48:40 »

He'll still be in a private room at least.
Well yes but so would any political leader, if only from a security standpoint. There's plenty of things to criticise Johnson for, snarking about the terms of his hospitalisation isn't on IMO. Wish him all the best for a speedy recovery, followed by an equally swift resignation
Flashheart

« Reply #2173 on: Monday, April 6, 2020, 09:59:26 »

There's plenty of things to criticise Johnson for, snarking about the terms of his hospitalisation.

I'm not. I would expect any leader to have a private room.

Just pointing out the reality that it's very fucking unfair. He is largely responsible for the NHS being so unprepared, yet he doesn't experience that himself when it's him that needs help. I'm quite sure this is the point that mystical goat was making.

Ignore
« Reply #2174 on: Monday, April 6, 2020, 10:06:46 »

https://www.change.org/p/royal-mail-royal-mail-risk-public-health-during-coronavirus?recruiter=false&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=psf_combo_share_initial&recruited_by_id=21d35ad0-77ef-11ea-8f12-51c09a1bf587

Please sign this
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 144 [145] 146 147 148 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: