Pages: 1 ... 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 133 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1217163 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1935 on: Wednesday, April 1, 2020, 10:18:31 »

Went to supermarket yesterday.  First time in 2 weeks.  15 minute queue outside, not bad.  Shelves pretty ok apart from pasta and flour.  Loads of toilet rolls so hopefully that madness has dissipated.

Had to recycle 2 weeks of wine & beer bottles in front of the queue which was a bit embarrassing.  One guy asked me if I liked a drink.  Blamed it on the wife.

Ooh, where in town can I take stuff for recycling, seeing as the tip is shut? Obviously only when I go to shop.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #1936 on: Wednesday, April 1, 2020, 10:31:32 »

My old departed mums last living sibling died yesterday in Swindon, they think he probably had Covid19 as he died due to complications with pneumonia, no post mortem will take place, so he may well have succumbed to this dreadful disease.

He was 86 and we have been told that even if I were not on 12 weeks sheidling that we would not be allowed to his funeral as it will be direct relatives only to a maximum of 10 attendees.

Disappointingly I hadn't seen him since before Christmas, luckily I hadn't seen him since before Christmas.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #1937 on: Wednesday, April 1, 2020, 10:45:14 »

Sorry to hear of your sad  loss PV.  Stay safe.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #1938 on: Wednesday, April 1, 2020, 10:49:44 »

Thanks I will certainly try, just such sad situation to be in regarding the funeral etc.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1939 on: Wednesday, April 1, 2020, 11:18:51 »

sorry to hear that PV..
Peter Venkman

« Reply #1940 on: Wednesday, April 1, 2020, 11:20:17 »

sorry to hear that PV..
Cheers mate, probably eventually this problem is going to happen to a fair percentage of the population in time, very sad times indeed.

Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #1941 on: Wednesday, April 1, 2020, 11:24:50 »

Interesting piece about a drug being developed to combat Coronavirus.

Coronavirus: Potential drug treatment starts UK trials

The drug company developing it has a slightly disturbing name (for anyone familiar with The Handmaid's Tale), but happy to look past that right now.

I'm taking hydroxychloroquine for my immune system condition. I could be immune to COVID, or it makes no difference as my immune system is already compromised. Hopefully I never have to test the theory!

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1942 on: Wednesday, April 1, 2020, 11:34:55 »

The only thing that's been a positive for me during this is the quietness on the roads. On the m4 at night you can go for over a minute without seeing anything on either side. Bizarre, but rather nice.

Oh and for eggs, try Waitrose. Bloody expensive mind.

I've just come back from my lunchtime walk and popped into Waitrose. They are well stocked in most things so picked up some fresh fruit etc. The only eggs they had left was quail eggs!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #1943 on: Wednesday, April 1, 2020, 11:49:25 »

Just to clarify we don't normally shop in Waitrose but figured I might be able to get more stuff there.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« Reply #1944 on: Wednesday, April 1, 2020, 12:13:17 »

Thanks for the clarification Bob, I was worried you had joined the middle class
Flashheart

« Reply #1945 on: Wednesday, April 1, 2020, 12:15:32 »

Just to clarify we don't normally shop in Waitrose but figured I might be able to get more stuff there.

Did you pick up some quinoa?
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #1946 on: Wednesday, April 1, 2020, 12:15:45 »

Just popped to Morrison's Eldene and got everything I needed including infant Calpol and eggs. A successful shop.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #1947 on: Wednesday, April 1, 2020, 12:43:26 »

Did you pick up some quinoa?

Nope. Just fruit. I wouldn't even know which aisle quinoa is in, cereal?

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1948 on: Wednesday, April 1, 2020, 12:44:04 »

My old departed mums last living sibling died yesterday in Swindon, they think he probably had Covid19 as he died due to complications with pneumonia, no post mortem will take place, so he may well have succumbed to this dreadful disease.

He was 86 and we have been told that even if I were not on 12 weeks sheidling that we would not be allowed to his funeral as it will be direct relatives only to a maximum of 10 attendees.

Disappointingly I hadn't seen him since before Christmas, luckily I hadn't seen him since before Christmas.
Sorry to hear that PV. Think there will be a lot of stories like this over the coming weeks/months, sadly.

Ignore
« Reply #1949 on: Wednesday, April 1, 2020, 12:48:15 »

I've just come back from my lunchtime walk and popped into Waitrose. They are well stocked in most things so picked up some fresh fruit etc. The only eggs they had left was quail eggs!

Ha. Went there hoping for a more reserved shop. Never been before. Unbelievably expensive. It's like double the price for the same stuff as other shops. Don't get why anyone would shop there under normal circumstances. Won't be hurrying back
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 133 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: