Pages: 1 ... 122 123 124 [125] 126 127 128 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1217345 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #1860 on: Tuesday, March 31, 2020, 09:55:24 »

I assume they're not being included in the official figures then as Germany currently has around 1/3 of the deaths we do?

I don't know about Germany, but I read an article earlier that said care home figures are not being included in France.

Ignore
« Reply #1861 on: Tuesday, March 31, 2020, 10:01:37 »

If people don't buy stuff then more people lose their jobs. The economy crashes. Recession hits. Austerity tightens. How many lose their lives then? More than the virus would kill.

I understand your point but we need to be pragmatic. We need to keep the economy as stable as possible because otherwise we're all in for a much, much rougher ride when we get out of it.

Why would they lose their jobs? Other employers have sent their workers home.  The economy is going to be fucked anyway. Recession inevitable. No idea how many that would kill, the same as the current crisis, the virus. Maybe deal with that first then resolve the rest after?

I don't think it's fair for some to be cannon fodder to keep the economy going. Still working, putting themselves at risk and will suffer all the aftermath of this too.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, March 31, 2020, 10:03:49 by Arriba » Logged

Ignore
« Reply #1862 on: Tuesday, March 31, 2020, 10:08:34 »

And I'm an utter cunt for saying this? Get fucked whoever keeps doing this. Coward.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #1863 on: Tuesday, March 31, 2020, 10:11:52 »

And I'm an utter cunt for saying this? Get fucked whoever keeps doing this. Coward.

(it wasn't me for what it's worth!)

Yeh I know what you're saying mate and to an extent I agree with you. I'm not ordering anything and I've stopped my other half doing it too. They don't have to be cannon fodder I don't think - if people can deliver things safely then it should happen. We need to keep going as normal as possible or else I'm genuinely terrified for what happens next.

From emails I've gotten from various online retailers there seems to be a contactless delivery system in place. Is that not sufficient? (not rhetoric - I genuinely don't know)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1864 on: Tuesday, March 31, 2020, 10:13:29 »

12 year old girl dies of the virus in Belgium - youngest, so far, in Europe.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1865 on: Tuesday, March 31, 2020, 10:16:20 »

If people don't buy stuff then more people lose their jobs. The economy crashes. Recession hits. Austerity tightens. How many lose their lives then? More than the virus would kill.

I understand your point but we need to be pragmatic. We need to keep the economy as stable as possible because otherwise we're all in for a much, much rougher ride when we get out of it.
TBF taken to it's extreme, that's an argument for not implementing any kind of shutdown as well. It's a balance, definitely get that people at the lower end of the economy are going to suffer disproportionately from this

Ignore
« Reply #1866 on: Tuesday, March 31, 2020, 10:16:39 »

Yeh I know what you're saying mate and to an extent I agree with you. I'm not ordering anything and I've stopped my other half doing it too. They don't have to be cannon fodder I don't think - if people can deliver things safely then it should happen. We need to keep going as normal as possible or else I'm genuinely terrified for what happens next.

From emails I've gotten from various online retailers there seems to be a contactless delivery system in place. Is that not sufficient? (not rhetoric - I genuinely don't know)

You're making fair points and were engaging like adults.
No problem with you at all.
I don't care if people call me a cunt either. I just think it's cowardly and a cop out from debate. A cheap shot
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1867 on: Tuesday, March 31, 2020, 10:18:51 »

I'm getting a bit pissed off working to be honest now. The public are buying shit loads online without a thought for the people having to deal with it all. It's shit they don't need. Those having to deal with it are not being protected properly and are potentially passing on/contracting the virus.

We are receiving traffic volumes well above what we get at Christmas with a massively high percentage of sick.

Does Karen really need her nail polish? Does Adam really need his gym shark clothes?
We have also seen no holt to the foreign parcels we receive. We are still getting our usual quota from China and have been since the start.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1868 on: Tuesday, March 31, 2020, 10:20:01 »

I'm not really sure why we still have a karma system tbh, it only seems to cause trouble.

It's a genuinely difficult topic. I do think we probably still need some sort of delivery system to keep people sane, but it needs to be safe for those making the deliveries (and working in warehouses etc.) and needs to prioritise key items. Maybe those goals aren't all achievable, I don't know enough about the logistics industry to say.  
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1869 on: Tuesday, March 31, 2020, 10:20:50 »

We are receiving traffic volumes well above what we get at Christmas with a massively high percentage of sick.

Does Karen really need her nail polish? Does Adam really need his gym shark clothes?
We have also seen no holt to the foreign parcels we receive. We are still getting our usual quota from China and have been since the start.
You guys (along with supermarket staff) should be supplied with face masks, gloves etc as mandatory (once there's enough for frontline health service staff).
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1870 on: Tuesday, March 31, 2020, 10:23:18 »

You guys (along with supermarket staff) should be supplied with face masks, gloves etc as mandatory (once there's enough for frontline health service staff).

We’ve been offered gloves.
Flashheart

« Reply #1871 on: Tuesday, March 31, 2020, 10:23:18 »

I see the national broadcaster is doing their bit to help people remain calm and rational.

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20200330-which-foods-are-best-to-eat-after-the-apocalypse
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1872 on: Tuesday, March 31, 2020, 10:26:49 »

The contactless delivery is fine at the end point of the customer.
However, it won’t have been contactlessly processed and sorted to get to that point. It’s probably been through at least 5 pairs of hands in that process
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1873 on: Tuesday, March 31, 2020, 10:27:24 »

We’ve been offered gloves.
TBF I suppose that should be enough in terms of touching parcels etc, as long as you're keeping strict rules on distancing from colleagues
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1874 on: Tuesday, March 31, 2020, 10:30:13 »

TBF I suppose that should be enough in terms of touching parcels etc, as long as you're keeping strict rules on distancing from colleagues

Our canteen is now take away only. Tables and chairs have been moved out of the break areas. They have done minimal with the shop floor layout and people will be within the social distancing circle a lot of the shift.

Considering the general hygiene of the place I’m amazed it hasn’t gone through the Mail Centre like wildfire. All the other sickness bugs do.
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 124 [125] 126 127 128 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: