Pages: 1 ... 121 122 123 [124] 125 126 127 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1217154 times)
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #1845 on: Monday, March 30, 2020, 17:32:34 »

Hopefully it stays away from the old people’s’ home; in Germany it is going around them like wildfire and wiping out a large number

I come from a land down-under
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1846 on: Monday, March 30, 2020, 18:13:58 »

Hopefully it stays away from the old people’s’ home; in Germany it is going around them like wildfire and wiping out a large number
I assume they're not being included in the official figures then as Germany currently has around 1/3 of the deaths we do?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1847 on: Monday, March 30, 2020, 18:45:37 »

Worrying:

https://twitter.com/simbrowning/status/1244684629887631365

Just simple incompetence?
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #1848 on: Monday, March 30, 2020, 22:16:12 »

Just watched Trump presser. Journo asks why South Korea has higher testing per capita than US.
Trump replies “No-one knows more about South Korea than I do. You know what the population of Seoul is? Do you? 38 million. Bigger than any of our cities”.

Apparently it’s about 10 million. And the entire population is 51 million. Then calls journo’s question nasty and snarky.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1849 on: Tuesday, March 31, 2020, 08:16:00 »

Just watched Trump presser. Journo asks why South Korea has higher testing per capita than US.
Trump replies “No-one knows more about South Korea than I do. You know what the population of Seoul is? Do you? 38 million. Bigger than any of our cities”.

Apparently it’s about 10 million. And the entire population is 51 million. Then calls journo’s question nasty and snarky.

Supposedly 38m is what it what it says next to "elevation" on Seoul's wiki. It's so ridiculous I hope it's fake...
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #1850 on: Tuesday, March 31, 2020, 08:55:10 »

Supposedly 38m is what it what it says next to "elevation" on Seoul's wiki. It's so ridiculous I hope it's fake...

More likely that Tokyo was just in the news. Tokyo has a population of 38m.

Ignore
« Reply #1851 on: Tuesday, March 31, 2020, 09:12:39 »

I'm getting a bit pissed off working to be honest now. The public are buying shit loads online without a thought for the people having to deal with it all. It's shit they don't need. Those having to deal with it are not being protected properly and are potentially passing on/contracting the virus.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #1852 on: Tuesday, March 31, 2020, 09:26:05 »

I'm getting a bit pissed off working to be honest now. The public are buying shit loads online without a thought for the people having to deal with it all. It's shit they don't need. Those having to deal with it are not being protected properly and are potentially passing on/contracting the virus.
I totally agree, shopping for foods and medicine is fine but why does Tracey in Bournemouth need a new coffee table and carpet delivered. Madness.

I think Bojo will cut that down by the start of next week as pretty much the rest of europe has done.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.

Ignore
« Reply #1853 on: Tuesday, March 31, 2020, 09:29:51 »

Has to be food and medicine only. All the clothes retailers should be shut. And all the rest of non essential retail warehouses.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1854 on: Tuesday, March 31, 2020, 09:31:03 »

I'm getting a bit pissed off working to be honest now. The public are buying shit loads online without a thought for the people having to deal with it all. It's shit they don't need.
Not all of it is. I've bought some food online, partly so I'm not taking it out of the supermarkets, and stuff that I've needed because I'm working from home that I wouldn't normally use. Yes I'm sure there's loads of people buying a lot of crap, but there's also a lot of stuff that people need *because* they are working from home.

Ignore
« Reply #1855 on: Tuesday, March 31, 2020, 09:33:49 »

Not all of it is. I've bought some food online, partly so I'm not taking it out of the supermarkets, and stuff that I've needed because I'm working from home that I wouldn't normally use. Yes I'm sure there's loads of people buying a lot of crap, but there's also a lot of stuff that people need *because* they are working from home.

I'm not referring to necessary goods. Like what you're purchasing. It's the clothes, trainers, gadgets etc. Though I've heard of multipacks of sprite being posted. People can live without pop for a while.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1856 on: Tuesday, March 31, 2020, 09:43:13 »

I'm not referring to necessary goods. Like what you're purchasing. It's the clothes, trainers, gadgets etc.
I know but the problem comes in defining "necessary". I'm a software engineer so a lot of what I've had to buy (spare keyboards, mice, KVM switch, USB hub etc) is firmly in most people's non-essential category. There's also the issue of some businesses surviving via online sales, which is less important than delivery workers' health, obviously, but we've already seen with some coppers trying to stop people buying Easter eggs (seriously), you can get carried away. A public education programme might be useful though, maybe make it mandatory for online retailers to put some of FH's "Don't be a Twat" logos on their sites.
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #1857 on: Tuesday, March 31, 2020, 09:43:24 »

I'm getting beer delivered (Hop Kettle), it's not essential, so I could stop it.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #1858 on: Tuesday, March 31, 2020, 09:44:37 »

If people don't buy stuff then more people lose their jobs. The economy crashes. Recession hits. Austerity tightens. How many lose their lives then? More than the virus would kill.

I understand your point but we need to be pragmatic. We need to keep the economy as stable as possible because otherwise we're all in for a much, much rougher ride when we get out of it.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #1859 on: Tuesday, March 31, 2020, 09:51:07 »

Had a call yesterday informing me that 3 residents in the care home my dad is staying at have contracted Coronavirus. I hate to think how it's going to end.

This is happening 10 miles from Swindon.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 123 [124] 125 126 127 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: