Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town V Salford City Official Matchday Thread  (Read 12111 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #360 on: Monday, February 12, 2024, 09:53:28 »

Yeah he is trying to have a spoons breakfast clause added to the contract Cheesy

Austin is going to be the new manager, i am convinced of it..
Zav has zero experience of managing a league team though....

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: Monday, February 12, 2024, 10:07:01 »

Zav has zero experience of managing a league team though....

But he has the new kit sorted which includes neon pink underwear, isn't that enough?  Plus he has a load of transfers already in place, good deals for the club and the players get something to do with a visa card or something along those lines as part of their deal...

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: Monday, February 12, 2024, 10:12:09 »

But if Gav does well in his stint surely they won’t just bin him off for Austin.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: Monday, February 12, 2024, 10:13:51 »

But if Gav does well in his stint surely they won’t just bin him off for Austin.

Don't neccessarily need to bin him off if he is part of the backroom team

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: Monday, February 12, 2024, 10:15:35 »

But still be a demotion. I’d be well pissed off if I were him.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #365 on: Monday, February 12, 2024, 10:19:28 »

That is if he actually wants the job, I havent heard him come out and say he would like it full time just that he is managing us until the end of the season.

If he has said he wants the job then I have missed it and he may have said that.

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: Monday, February 12, 2024, 10:20:19 »

Is interim manager to permanent assistant manager a demotion? given the fact that he was loan player liason 3 weeks ago..

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: Monday, February 12, 2024, 10:50:54 »

Austin/Gunning/Gladwin coaching setup I reckon. (based on nothing at all)

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #368 on: Monday, February 12, 2024, 10:51:28 »

I don’t think we have to worry about Gunning doing a good job tbh.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: Monday, February 12, 2024, 10:57:42 »

If we did appoint Gunning full time, who would do the crucial loans manager role?
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #370 on: Monday, February 12, 2024, 11:13:02 »

I do wonder if Gav has had these made up roles to keep him around until he got his badges sorted.

If he was to be the full time manager would that be a good move?

I guess it won’t make any difference if the manager (whoever it is) doesn’t get the right backing to sign the right players
Peter Venkman

« Reply #371 on: Monday, February 12, 2024, 11:31:21 »

I guess it won’t make any difference if the manager (whoever it is) doesn’t get the right backing to sign the right players
This line is cruicial.

Flynn wasn't allowed to get in the experienced players he wanted. Clem said we will get in experienced players in the window, we didnt, in face we brought in/loaned 9 players with an average age of 22.8 yet sold/returned 8 players with an average age of 23.6.

Yes, getting in 4 players aged 25 is decent enough but we also brought in 5 players under the age of 22.

We sold 5 players over 22 and 3 players under 22.

Basically we ended with a younger squad average age than we had before the window.

Of course as a squad we look stronger but thats because now we arent relying on kids to pad the bench thanks to injuries healing quicker with Gav in charge than under Flynn.

TailBetweenLegs

Ignore
« Reply #372 on: Monday, February 12, 2024, 11:46:29 »

I would be absolutely amazed if Charlie Austin wanted the managers job here. I can imagine he is as disillusioned with it all as much as we are and wouldn't tolerate being a yes man
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #373 on: Monday, February 12, 2024, 12:01:55 »

I would be absolutely amazed if Charlie Austin wanted the managers job here. I can imagine he is as disillusioned with it all as much as we are and wouldn't tolerate being a yes man

Understand your comment. I’d say that as a starting point to his fledgling managerial career, assuming of course that’s his direction of travel, we would be an ideal club to cut his teeth. While it may appear on many levels we are a basket case at least he is in on the inside of the basket case unlike Morris for example. Furthermore if it goes to ratshit he has ready made reasons as to why. If he is anointed as the messiah and is successful he can hold his head high with excellent CV credentials and fuck off somewhere better, which shouldn’t be too difficult.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #374 on: Monday, February 12, 2024, 12:19:17 »

Some nice words from the fat scouser

‘ However, Robinson did say that he was impressed by the early work of the current incumbent Gavin Gunning and feels that Swindon will be a very different challenge for the rest of the season.

He said: “But you have got to give credit to the opposition, I am not going to come to you and tell you a lie and say ‘We were brilliant and we should have got more than we got’, we got more than we probably deserve today.

“That is the best a team has played against us, and they have got some wonderful players, who have played at a much higher level.

“That is not the same Swindon team that teams would have played through the course of the season.

“There are multiple players that they have brought in and they have a really good squad now.

“I have known Gavin since he was 16 or 17 at Blackburn [Rovers] and I have known Mildy [Steve Mildenhall] since he was 16 or 17, so it is nice to see people who are running the club from a coaching perspective, working with some good young players.”
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: