Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Official Fans Forum Match Day Thread  (Read 13891 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: Friday, February 2, 2024, 15:24:32 »

Not sure what they expected tbh if it was leased under the club and not LP

Probably spent more on bloody legal fees than the settlement cost.

Due to depreciation it cant have been that much surely?

Anyway, i hope it gets put in the club museum, the amount of trouble it has caused

If they hadn't sacked off the Car Wash people, they'd be able to clean it up first as well.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: Friday, February 2, 2024, 15:24:56 »

If they hadn't sacked off the Car Wash people, they'd be able to clean it up first as well.

Cheesy
TailBetweenLegs

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: Friday, February 2, 2024, 15:28:23 »

If the club really wants to be seen as a community club how about helping the homeless - shelter, food kitchen. OK, there’s no financial gain but the PR side would be huge.
They do do this in their defence . Up until recently i collected all the left over food on matchdays and dropped off to the local car parks and the guys on the street. Unfortunately, family commitments and bad health has led to me notr being able to and getting reliable volunteers proved difficult. Pauld and others have helped and were amazing but it got a bit much .
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Friday, February 2, 2024, 15:30:10 »

We also did not get resolution on two key projects - the bike rack and the shooting nets for the training ground.  I presume Anthony Hall is slammed doing his introduction to Excel class, so has not been able to attend to these matters personally.

The shooting nets makes me chuckle every time I see it in the AB minutes.  It makes me visualise our training sessions with the Youth team having to put out some training tops to make goals and spending half the session arguing about whether it was in, wide or would have hit the post in a real goal.  Entire sessions come to a screeching halt when a shot is close to being over....
TailBetweenLegs

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: Friday, February 2, 2024, 15:30:54 »

In regards to the car wash that's a bit of a shit area as well tbh. My understanding is that lee power leased it to Ranford(or another) for a absolute stupid amount of money and when we basically fucked them off and took it back he has counter sued us for loss of earnings for around 100k Eek

Problem i have is people like Zav Austin etc would have known about this so should not be the suprise we think it is
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: Friday, February 2, 2024, 15:33:22 »

In regards to the car wash that's a bit of a shit area as well tbh. My understanding is that lee power leased it to Ranford(or another) for a absolute stupid amount of money and when we basically fucked them off and took it back he has counter sued us for loss of earnings for around 100k Eek

Problem i have is people like Zav Austin etc would have known about this so should not be the suprise we think it is

That's my point, it's not a surprise - it's clear they just went after any contract Power had signed us up to, especially if there was any sense of it being personal.  I imagine it's not properly documented, in the form of a 12 page signed lease form, but there is probably something in a text that the Leaseholder has been able to show.  You never get full value on unearned income, but they will likely win something if it went to Court.  Either let them use it or settle.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: Friday, February 2, 2024, 15:42:44 »

They do do this in their defence . Up until recently i collected all the left over food on matchdays and dropped off to the local car parks and the guys on the street. Unfortunately, family commitments and bad health has led to me notr being able to and getting reliable volunteers proved difficult. Pauld and others have helped and were amazing but it got a bit much .
I really meant using the CG as a hub.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: Friday, February 2, 2024, 15:47:13 »

I really meant using the CG as a hub.

They used to do the warm room in the JR room
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: Friday, February 2, 2024, 15:49:39 »

Maybe Clem’s office would do - what with all that hot air.
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: Friday, February 2, 2024, 18:47:38 »

Squash courts would be good
Steak supper

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: Friday, February 2, 2024, 23:42:55 »

The car wash stuff doesn't seem  to make sense . My experience of dealing with commercial premises tells me that the arrangement  was unlikely to be a lease.  but if it was, and the tenant was turfed off the land they could  ask a court to get them back on it . some thoughts from  a legal bod would be interesting .
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: Saturday, February 3, 2024, 00:41:53 »

Outstanding figures like the EFL Hardship Loan, Swiss Toni's Car Lease, and Tommy Vercetti's Car Wash all would just be settled/written off for the relatively nominal figures they are. We're talking a good three years and it's probably no more than 25Ok. Even using gate income they could have easily paid these off by now.

And it would have been a handy excuse to use, to say that the planned transfer kitty for the summer has been impacted due to the settling of legacy debts  Soapy Tit Wank

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: