Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 28   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Mansfield pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 37643 times)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Saturday, August 28, 2021, 19:32:12 »

Hope we're slowing things down on the pith

Yeth.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Saturday, August 28, 2021, 19:42:57 »

Pretty sure the ref and his assistant said it didn't cross the line, I agree with the ref and linesman thats good enough for me Cheesy

This 100%
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Saturday, August 28, 2021, 19:51:09 »

Seems a fair assessment from Nigel

So, give no fucks
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Saturday, August 28, 2021, 20:06:40 »

Seems a fair assessment from Nigel

More than fair. He’ll be a bit less generous when he sees their “goal” again.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Saturday, August 28, 2021, 20:17:21 »

Most of today's attendances Oxfords is laughable and Huddersfields unbelievable😀

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/fixtures/_/date/20210828

Interesting figures in the national league.
Notts County near 7k
Chesterfield and Grimsby both over 5k

Those 3 would have been in the top 4 of league 2 after us of course.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Saturday, August 28, 2021, 20:18:55 »

It will be interesting to see how many Wrexham get at home

So, give no fucks
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Saturday, August 28, 2021, 20:21:46 »

Enjoyed that. Also great to see another healthy home attendance with lots of happy faces. The Pee Lower era is long gone.
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Saturday, August 28, 2021, 20:37:57 »

A difficult game against a big and physical side, accompanied by some inconsistent refereeing.
First half Mansfield dominated - but to be fair our defence did well, particularly Reed making two crucial blocks closing down shots, and Woollacott didn’t really make a save.
Second half we played better - whether this was partly because they tired a bit and hence the press was less effective at times, or jus we modified our set up with Gladwin sitting a bit deeper and getting it forward slightly quicker could be a matter of debate.
Williams added something up front- the goal was a lovely move and very pleased for Simpson who played well.
Clean sheet and three points - both things to celebrate.
Apart form the effort which may or may not have crossed the line - difficult to see from the John Trollope/Arkells  - but look in tomorrow’s papers and the result will still be 1-0 -Mansfield were poor up front.
My vote for man of the match goes to Reed - but good performances everywhere -  Hunt and Simpson particularly.
Only another 35 needed to be safe from relegation.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: Saturday, August 28, 2021, 20:43:20 »

Ugly win. But a win is a win is a win. Those clean sheets are starting to rack up too. I'd gladly  take 20+ shithousey/ugly/blehh wins and a bunch of draws if it meant Town ended the season with a very good chance of getting out of this wanky division.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Saturday, August 28, 2021, 20:46:04 »

I meant to add we give away too many soft free kicks in the area 35-40 yards from our goal - against a big team like Mansfield it’s inviting pressure and creating problems. Need to sort that.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Saturday, August 28, 2021, 20:50:13 »

A 1-0 Swindon win is very unlike us in my time supporting us. Two in a row is quite bizarre.

Clearly a lot to do but you have to take the points and try to get better every week.

Reckon we have a couple of difference makers at this level in Payne and Williams. Could well knick a few more undeserved wins with those two on the pitch. And to be fair the goals against column speaks for itself despite us looking questionable at times mainly when we play out.

Certainly can't complain with 10 points from 15. It's a dream start for Garner all things considered.

Also well done Simpson on getting his first goal. Think it's his first one in professional football so hope he enjoyed it!
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: Saturday, August 28, 2021, 20:52:56 »

I think we all agree another decent forward is needed let's hope Ben Chorley can do his stuff before Tuesday evening

So, give no fucks
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Saturday, August 28, 2021, 21:02:05 »

From watching the Town games this season you can see the gulf in class between league 1 and league 2.

Against Tranmere I thought we were the better side overall but if Tranmere had their shooting boots they would have easily won the game.

Salford and Mansfield were better then Town and created plenty of chances but lacked any star quality up front. Last season teams like Franchise and Accrington punished us in similar circumstances and scored a lorry load against us.

I think 4th in the table flatters us a little. Wins are wins though. I’ll be interested to see how Town cope when we go on a bad run and lose 2/3 games in a row.

At the moment I think we will be competitive in most games and the first goal is crucial. If we score first then we will get something from the game. If we go 1-0 down at the moment I don’t think we have the attacking ability to break a team who are sitting on a lead down.

Hopefully team performances will improve as the squad train more together. However results are all that matters I guess.

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: Saturday, August 28, 2021, 21:05:07 »

I think the league is all over the place with Tranmere getting beat at Scunthorpe and FGR losing at home to Port Vale

So, give no fucks
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Saturday, August 28, 2021, 22:43:02 »

Yeah anyone can beat anyone in this league, all 4 promoted teams last season lost 12-14 games each.

Sent from my CLT-L09

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 28   Go Up
Print
Jump to: