Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: what the Gillingham paper says...  (Read 3426 times)
Elsterap

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Monday, January 16, 2006, 22:46:19 »

Quote from: "Leggett"
Soccer fans clash after Gills match

by Chris Bell

FOOTBALL thugs brawled in Gillingham as hooliganism reared its ugly head at the weekend.

Rival fans fought in the streets near the Priestfield stadium before and after the Gills’ victory over Swindon Town on Saturday.

Police said afterwards that they brought in back-up units as the trouble escalated. Seven people were arrested.

Football websites were carrying messages about the fighting after the game.

One Swindon fan said: "We ran your lads everywhere. There wasn’t a good firm from the Gills in sight. Gillingham has a Mickey Mouse firm."

A Gillingham fan posted his thoughts, saying: "A bunch of yobs masquerading as Swindon fans set upon the exits from the Gills’ family enclosure, attacking anything that came their way. It’s the first time I’ve seen anything like that for years."

Before the game the Livingstone Arms pub in Gillingham Road was adopted by the travelling support.

An eye-witness at the pub, who asked not to be named, said: "The fans were very loud but they all seemed well-behaved. Gills’ fans were outside taunting them but the police seemed to have it all under control."

David Garth, 52, a season ticket holder at Priestfield, said inside the ground: "The Swindon fans seemed to be trying to get in among the Gills fans but there were quite a few stewards and then more police arrived to push them back."

Season ticket holder Jason Colman, 18, said he noticed before the game something wasn’t right. "I could tell as we walked past the Livingstone Arms pub it wasn’t going to be a normal fixture," he said.

"During the game their fans constantly tried to reach the Gills fans but were pushed back."

A police spokesman said: "Police made seven arrests for public order offences and minor assaults. No police staff were injured and back-up units were requested as the trouble escalated and we dealt with the issues at hand."

:roll: i love it, it bases its 'truth' on posts on a forum. thats good journalism that is...

Would of been fucking great if they read these confessions and put that on there:
http://thetownend.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9137
 Cheesy
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2006, 10:28:27 »

great article.
Reeves for King

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2006, 18:50:16 »

'Town fans were held in the Priestfield stadium after the game in an attempt to calm the trouble.'

Are they fucking having a laugh or something?!

We are being portrayed as the fucking most riotous fans in the League and Gillingham are being portrayed as saints. Dunno about you but it makes me pretty angry.

here's the man himself when you need him?
flammableBen

« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2006, 18:56:48 »

Quote from: "Reeves for King"
'Town fans were held in the Priestfield stadium after the game in an attempt to calm the trouble.'

Are they fucking having a laugh or something?!

We are being portrayed as the fucking most riotous fans in the League and Gillingham are being portrayed as saints. Dunno about you but it makes me pretty angry.

Yeah it well out of fucking order. We should go kick their fucking heads in.
lumpimynci

« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2006, 19:21:52 »

I know I'm basing this on my memories from years ago, when I didn't have a job and family hundreds of miles away and could actually attend games regularly but from what I remember the relationship between the two sets of fans was always:

1.  Gillingham fans hated us and our club with a passion, seemingly because of a couple of decades old incidents of serious crowd violence, and not being able to cope with that play off defeat. As a result they attacked us at every opportunity.

2.  Our fans thought they were a bunch of pikey twats who should really get over it.

Is that still the case or have we now started to give a fuck?
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2006, 19:26:47 »

i dont know i hope the former tbh. i dont give a fuck personally but i think a few of our fans are starting to get a bit pissed off with the Gills for being such bad twats this season! they piss me off too but i wouldnt say i hate them in the same way as oxford or city or reading
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2006, 19:33:15 »

I've finally seen the error of my ways, and am going to renounce my loathing of all things Bristhole, O*ford etc.....apparently I should have been hating Gillingham these last 40 odd years...just no-one told me.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2006, 20:37:23 »

I don't hate Gillingham, but it makes football so much more interesting when, for any reason, you can get up for it!
Thats why I feel excited about Gillingham the 14th

Although in the past Valentines Day has been somewaht a let-down for me...
STFC Village

« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2006, 20:48:51 »

Quote from: "reeves4england"
Although in the past Valentines Day has been somewaht a let-down for me...
Bless. You'll always have Johno, r4e
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2006, 21:18:15 »

its me village that has stood him up.  Wink he still trys though.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2006, 21:23:49 »

'Tries' Johno.

I can't believe I was ever interested in somebody so illiterate  :-))(
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2006, 21:25:39 »

'was'... not fooling me or anyone by saying that.  Wink
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print