Pages: 1 ... 199 200 201 [202] 203 204 205 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1223887 times)
Banker

On The Bank

Ignore
« Reply #3015 on: Saturday, May 2, 2020, 07:57:23 »

Mask wearing in public is widespread in the Far East, ever since SARS 2003. 
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3016 on: Saturday, May 2, 2020, 09:43:37 »

Quote from: mexico red
IVE BEEN FOR A FUCKING WALK!!!!!

By god it felt good!! 55 days. Locked in. Was just amazing.
I think we take our daily exercise allowance for granted here
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3017 on: Saturday, May 2, 2020, 09:44:04 »

China state media take on the us reaction

Once upon a virus... -
Flashheart

« Reply #3018 on: Saturday, May 2, 2020, 09:59:23 »

Mask wearing in public is widespread in the Far East, ever since SARS 2003. 

It's more becasue of pollution, and has become somewhat of a fashion trend. Although the virus is no doubt going to become more of a reason for it.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3019 on: Saturday, May 2, 2020, 10:35:01 »

Nice one, must feel fantastic, delighted for you. Papers over here are reporting it is a gradual lifting of restrictions, be interested to hear what it feels like "on the ground"
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #3020 on: Saturday, May 2, 2020, 10:39:27 »

I am not a massive fan of walking due to the constant back pain but that must feel great, like being released from prison!

I have not set foot outside the front door now for 42 days and only been out once in 56 days.

Glad you are able to do that, hopefully the start of better things over there now.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #3021 on: Saturday, May 2, 2020, 11:06:37 »

Nice one, must feel fantastic, delighted for you. Papers over here are reporting it is a gradual lifting of restrictions, be interested to hear what it feels like "on the ground"

It seems a pretty well thought out process. There are 5 phases, 0-4.
The main thing is you are not allowed to travel to another province. So think Wiltshire. No one allowed in or out.
Each province is being treated independently. So a couple of the islands in Gran Canaria are already in phase 1.
I can only tell you about Malaga province. We started phase 0. The main points being you are allowed out for 1 hour for physical exercise. You can’t hang around anywhere and there are time slots.
Adults - 6am to 10am and 8pm to 11pm.
Over 70s 10am to midday and 6pm to 8pm
Kids midday to 6pm with a parent

Small businesses are allowed open, so for example hairdressers but with only one customer at a time and the barber has to wear PPE

Each phase last 2 weeks before being judged if it can move onto the next.

To quote our PM Pedro Sánchez “new normality” will be in place, fingers crossed, by the end of June.
Banker

On The Bank

Ignore
« Reply #3022 on: Saturday, May 2, 2020, 11:56:01 »

We won't bother with all that, straight to Phase 4, no messing...

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/18420063.fears-groups-children-flouting-lockdown-rules-penhill/
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #3023 on: Saturday, May 2, 2020, 14:04:28 »

We won't bother with all that, straight to Phase 4, no messing...

That made me laugh.  Let's face it, compared to Spain and Italy we haven't really been in "lockdown".
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3024 on: Saturday, May 2, 2020, 14:09:23 »

That made me laugh.  Let's face it, compared to Spain and Italy we haven't really been in "lockdown".
Perhaps not, but it's undeniably been effective.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #3025 on: Saturday, May 2, 2020, 15:43:49 »

i think the majority have done it very well. this is interesting if true:

"Since the lockdown began in Spain some 740,000 people — the equivalent of 18,000 per day — have been fined for breaking the government’s Covid-19 rules, according to El País. That’s three times more than in Italy and almost 200 times more than in the UK during roughly the same period.

The only EU country that has dished out more fines is France, whose police issued over 900,000 fines in a five-week period.

In France administrative fines can range from €135 to €3,750. In Spain they can reach as high as €600,000, a spine-chilling figure that was set by the previous Rajoy government in its overtly authoritarian Law on Citizen Security — popularly dubbed the “Gag Law” for its sweeping attacks on freedom of expression.

Passed in 2015, the law was primarily intended to crack down on rising social and political protest. Today’s governing parties, then in opposition, pledged to overturn the law. They didn’t. Instead, they have kept many of the most draconian measures in place and are now making liberal use of them."
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #3026 on: Saturday, May 2, 2020, 16:40:08 »

i think the majority have done it very well. this is interesting if true:

"Since the lockdown began in Spain some 740,000 people — the equivalent of 18,000 per day — have been fined for breaking the government’s Covid-19 rules, according to El País. That’s three times more than in Italy and almost 200 times more than in the UK during roughly the same period.

I think the majority have done it well here too. Not sure that would still be the case if we were confined to houses and unable to leave even for a walk.

As for the level of fines, it’s comparing apples with oranges. I’ve been involved on the enforcement side and everything from government has been talking about a proportionate approach, engaging and talking with fines a last resort for most people. I’m not saying that’s right or wrong. Spain have had armed police and military on the streets. France require you to provide your written reason for being out and you must show it on request or be fined.

I’ve just been to Coate water. Various groups of people (4+) sat down having a picnic/chatting on the golf course, benches, jetty’s etc. Two cops patrolling on bikes, didn’t see them speak to any of them.
Again not saying that’s right or wrong but definitely not vigorous enforcement.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #3027 on: Saturday, May 2, 2020, 18:10:22 »

https://metro.co.uk/2020/05/01/mum-drinks-sperm-smoothies-fight-off-coronavirus-12639469/?ito=article.desktop.share.top.facebook
Flashheart

« Reply #3028 on: Saturday, May 2, 2020, 18:18:32 »

I'd glady help her out with that. Fresh from the source.
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #3029 on: Saturday, May 2, 2020, 18:50:20 »

"Tracy Kiss’s home remedy does not feature on WHO, NHS or government guidance". 

Expect to see Trump promoting this as a new miracle cure ...

Pages: 1 ... 199 200 201 [202] 203 204 205 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: