Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Who reckons Shitty are actually going to go down?  (Read 5626 times)
hobnob

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, January 29, 2014, 09:02:27 »

After we beat them at home I reckon most of us though they weren't that bad and would pull themselves out of the shit sooner rather than later.

But with agent Flint in full force they are going from bad to worse (chortle) and hopefully they are on their way down. If the Gas could also muck it up it would be even better.

Bye
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, January 29, 2014, 09:08:51 »

Them relegating us at Ashton gate is one of those days you will never forget and you just hope that you get the chance to put it right. Sadly are game against them will come to early for them to be cut adrift but we can certainly make it enjoyable! If they fail to beat carisle at home this sat feb is a tough month for them.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, January 29, 2014, 09:18:31 »

I've always thought they would pull comfortably clear to lower mid table. They may do, but the longer it goes on the more it reminds me of us under Danny Wilson's second season.

Have they brought many in during 'the window'?
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, January 29, 2014, 09:27:04 »

They got Tyrone Barnett and Karleigh Osbourne I know that much, think they might even have a few more.

I still think it's inevitable they'll stay up, I did think they'd finish top half even after the slow start but they'll probably end up staying up dramatically on the final day and then having a stormer next year.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, January 29, 2014, 09:27:55 »

I watch them quite a bit.

1. Flint is genuinely useless. He's not even much of threat at set pieces (except against us, obvs). He needs an experienced centre back to hold his hand.

2. Emmanuel-Thomas doesn't look bothered a large percentage of the time and when doesn't perform, they really struggle. He's on the periphery of getting major stick before he scores a 78th minute 25-yarder from nothing.

3. Their defence is incredibly careless.

4. Sam Baldock should be on about 20 goals by now with the amount of genuine goalscoring opportunities he gets.

5. Lightweight midfield. We dodged a bullet with Marlon Pack.

They have all the hallmarks of a team doomed but Lansdown will try and buy them out of the relegation places. That's fair enough but none of them have stopped the rot thus far.

Their not-so-bad goal difference should assist them.

Ultimately, Bristol City in Division 4 would be dreamy.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, January 29, 2014, 09:45:26 by Costanza » Logged
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, January 29, 2014, 09:33:19 »

I've always thought they would pull comfortably clear to lower mid table. They may do, but the longer it goes on the more it reminds me of us under Danny Wilson's second season.

Have they brought many in during 'the window'?
Yesterday they brought in Wade Elliott who at 35 seems past it for a midfielder.

I like seeing them struggle but think they will JUST stay in this division, I have a lot of mates who pre season told me about how they would storm the league.....they are very quiet now.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, January 29, 2014, 09:51:14 »

I watch them quite a bit.

1. Flint is genuinely useless. He's not even much of threat at set pieces (expect against us, obvs). He needs an experienced centre back to hold his hand.

2. Emmanuel-Thomas doesn't look bothered a large percentage of the time and when doesn't perform, they really struggle. He's on the periphery of getting major stick before he scores a 78th minute 25-yarder from nothing.

3. Their defence is incredibly careless.

4. Sam Baldock should be on about 20 goals by now with the amount of genuine goalscoring opportunities he gets.

5. Lightweight midfield. We dodged a bullet with Marlon Pack.

They have all the hallmarks of a team doomed but Lansdown will try and buy them out of the relegation places. That's fair enough but none of them have stopped the rot thus far.

Their not-so-bad goal difference should assist them.

Ultimately, Bristol City in Division 4 would be dreamy.

Interesting....for some reason, probably connected to pack mentality  Smiley, certain players become flavour of the month with a section of fans, could be a good name, good haircut, or perhaps one memorable goal seen somewhere. This time last year PdC wanted Pack, Green and BWP....none of whom have done owt this season....BWP might have scored a few at the back end of last season.

I will love it, love it*.....if in May, this thread is still alive and we're Bye to those shitheads, but sadly can't see it, they'll just about scrape enough points to stay up, as will Blades.

* with apologies to KK.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, January 29, 2014, 10:35:23 »

There is a massive amount of shit down the bottom of this league and City easily have quality to escape.

Whether they will escape is a different matter, if they don't string 2 or 3 wins together soon the confidence they need to survive might never arrive.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, January 29, 2014, 10:48:46 »

No...stay up 6th from bottom...

Clems Army!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, January 29, 2014, 10:49:57 »

There is a massive amount of shit down the bottom of this league and City easily have quality to escape.

Whether they will escape is a different matter, if they don't string 2 or 3 wins together soon the confidence they need to survive might never arrive.

Reality is, that there isn't a huge amount of difference between teams down the bottom and teams around us....for example we've lost to Stevenage, Sheff U and Shrewsbury, all in the bottom 4.

We've lost the same amount of games as Shitty....it's about small margins, which is why the wins v Cov, Posh and Shrews have been so important, on the balance of play, all 3 could have ended in draws or worse, but we managed to find a way to win, riding a bit of luck.  I daresay Shitty fans could find a few games where perhaps they should have won, but only drew, becasue Flint scored a last minute OG or gave away an added on time pen.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, January 29, 2014, 11:00:10 »

Remember they are the players who got them in this mess in the first place. Many Swindon fans believed we'd negotiate our way out of relegation under Wilson because there were worse teams than us (we beat Charlton away and Phil Smith said somone like the Play-Offs still being the goal - Ha!). Luckily for Bristol City they don't have a team with a significant points deduction to finish below.

I heard someone refer to Adam El-Abd as their 'new Shaun Taylor' too. El-Abd was to blame for a goal less than 20 minutes in to his debut and that fan duly changed his tune.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, January 29, 2014, 11:01:06 »

What a bit of business Flint is proving to be.

Never knowingly overstated.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, January 29, 2014, 11:07:14 »

Didn't they give him a four year deal?

Unbelievable.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, January 29, 2014, 11:13:39 »

Didn't they give him a four year deal?

Unbelievable.

There's a lot of pubs and clubs in Bristol...going to take him a while to get round to all of them.
kerry red

« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, January 29, 2014, 11:23:27 »

They seem not to have had a new manager bump - they went a few games unbeaten, albeit too many draws, but now have reverted to their form under SoD.

They could be one of those teams 'too good to go down' which actually do.

Strange nothing has been said much about the Gas doing a Poxford and exiting the league altogether. A home defeat to Accy Stanley last night does not bode well.

Could be double delight!
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: