Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Worst Town XI Of All Time?  (Read 18400 times)

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2011, 09:11:30 »

some harsh calls in this thread. Heywood is nowhere near shit enough and was player of the year. Leigh Barnard played his part in some great times. Duke a right winger playing left back to a reasonable standard. Mildenhall? have a fucking word. Even Hewlett and pook are harsh calls too.

Cobian has to be in. 3 year contract on a good wedge and was a liabilty. A terrible player who lived off his time in Boca juniors under 8's.

mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2011, 09:42:52 »

Brian kilkline. I know it was the Premier League and so he wouldn't be the worst on pure ability, but he had a storming first game and then spent the rest of his town 'career' mincing around with his poncey long hair, looking like a fucking wizard, and being torn a new arsehole.

brilliant.

Nobody has mentioned Craig Farr yet. Admittedly never really played but couldn't even give Griemink a tussle for the no1.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2011, 10:00:59 »

I really couldn't stand Alan MacDonald, Iffy Onuora, Hewlett, Howe, and Lawrie Sanchez.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2011, 10:16:13 »

Heywood had no ability as a footballer whatsoever, ala Alan O'Brien.  Nice chap though.

I thought Comyn-Platt looked half-decent early on in his Swindon days...
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2011, 10:29:17 »

Leigh Barnard was utter dog shit and would be in my team of all time shits even with last seasons dire offerings.

Think back to 86/87 and a game v Blackpool....we got stuffed 6-2 at home...0-4 at half time, second half we came out and gave it a good shot Leigh scoring the 2.  Now in that second half you could see that here was a player of albeit limited ability who wasn't going to accept defeat without giving it his best shot.   So he ran himself into the ground, and the fans could appreciate that we still had some fighting spirit in the side, despite such a heavy defeat.   

Upshot of it was we get promoted at the end of the season and Leigh misses 1 game. Macari knew his worth.

Compare this to the likes of Prutton...Rose...Sheehan...Lucas....Cuthbert....Pericard....Dossevi....O'Brien, players who maybe had a bit of ability, but just didn't give a shit about the club or its fans.

If our current crop....give as good service as Leigh Barnard, then we'll be in for a very decent season.

london_red

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2011, 10:32:21 »

Can't believe people lumping Heywood in with this. Not a world beater but was a solid player for a few years.

I'd echo the shouts of Glass, Drysdale and Casal, as well as the shower of shite that was last season's team - especially Prutton.

Also always thought Steve Cowe was a bit shit, although that was probably mainly because he was about 4'6".
LucienSanchez

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2011, 10:35:02 »

Heywood swept the board one season, taking all awards going. For that reason, i'd say he should be exempt.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2011, 10:38:36 »

Drysdale, Elkins, Peach, Emmanuel, Close, Kilcline.  Never rated David Dangerfield much
« Last Edit: Wednesday, August 17, 2011, 11:39:40 by nevillew » Logged

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2011, 10:40:50 »

I really couldn't stand Alan MacDonald, Iffy Onuora, Hewlett, Howe, and Lawrie Sanchez.
Iffy Onoura who scored 20+ in division 1 whilst we finished 17th?

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
LucienSanchez

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2011, 10:43:15 »

Yeah, after that season he was absolutely abysmal and slow. I was only young and i had a real problem with him!

mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2011, 10:52:07 »

Heywood was solid whilst he was here. The likes of Elkins, Drysdale, Andy Williams etc in the mid to late 90's were just terrible. Holcroft, Craig Taylor aswell. Poor.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2011, 11:09:16 »

Iffy Onoura who scored 20+ in division 1 whilst we finished 17th?

Iffy is one of only 3 Town players to have scored 20+ league goals in the second tier.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2011, 11:09:55 »

I really couldn't stand Alan Reeves. Until we became rubbish and then I quite liked him.
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2011, 11:12:09 »

Gareth whalley
Neil ruddock
Bertie brayley
Paul heald
Drysdale

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2011, 11:15:32 »

Gary Elkins, what a fat useless twat.

I did think about Darren Bullock, but then thought yeah he couldn't play football to save his life but he did give it his all.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: