Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Morris Dancing  (Read 39550 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2023, 12:11:29 »

My issue with Morris is that he is another person in the building learning his trade - we simply have too much of that.  Now, if we sort out the player recruitment over the next three months and pull together a squad that isn't all about the need to be coached on how to play the game, then maybe he works out.  Right now, he's learning with a squad that is learning and a back-up team supporting him that is learning (or not got enough knowledge and not even learning!).

Last night in isolation is not a problem, even in our better seasons down here there are one or two teams that you just don't match-up well with.  The problem, which is clear to most, is that there are just too many teams that have our number or can easily match us at least.  I couldn't give a fuck if we are playing a team in the top three, we should be in a position where that is us as well.  It's a sad day when we have more than a couple of teams in Div 4 that we are saying - "well, we competed well considering where they are".

Morris needs to insist on the right support structure at the club being in place - I don't expect him to be selecting the DoF/Technical Director/whatever that role is called, or the people that report to that role, but he should be telling the CEO that shit is broken.

If he does and we do fix it, then maybe we look very different at the start of next season.

« Last Edit: Wednesday, April 26, 2023, 12:22:18 by RobertT » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2023, 12:13:38 »

yeah that's fair
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2023, 12:52:39 »

It is all about knowing that Morris knows his budget, can make the changes he wants to make to players and staff and can get about arranging contracts talks with those he wants to keep, and tell those he don't they are free to leave, once that is underway then the ball will be rolling.

It will also be good to know the role of Sandro and what the scouting team is, and then the type of player Morris wants to bring in, does he have to go young, or is he allowed to look at more experienced players, or is he being told it has to be a mix as the club still wants to continue to get players in that may be saleable in future.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2023, 13:39:10 »

A combative midfielder, someone with experience  Hmmm
He joined Crawley.

If you rank every footballing adjective, combative might be the very last one I would use to describe Gladwin.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2023, 13:39:39 »

Grant

Balls, forgot about him.

At least he's off commentary.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2023, 13:39:59 »

If you rank every footballing adjective, combative might be the very last one I would use to describe Gladwin.

He's talking about Anthony Grant.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2023, 13:49:12 »

Balls, forgot about him.

At least he's off commentary.

The first time he was on comms, I quite enjoyed it, but then by the third it was grating.

Sam Parkin by contrast I thought was excellent to listen to last night. He's become a tremendous summariser since retiring from football.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2023, 13:53:34 »

Part of me wonders if Grant did himself out of a contract back here with his co-commentary.

I found his digging out of players, Wakeling in particular, extremely personal, unprofessional and quite unpleasant.

A shame as he was a favourite of mine. Don't shed daylight on magic, as they say.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2023, 14:06:30 »

Part of me wonders if Grant did himself out of a contract back here with his co-commentary.

I found his digging out of players, Wakeling in particular, extremely personal, unprofessional and quite unpleasant.

A shame as he was a favourite of mine. Don't shed daylight on magic, as they say.
I felt exactly the same. Constantly bigging himself up to the detriment of the current set up. Arrogant

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2023, 14:29:54 »

Grant was great.
Grant isn't great now.

That's all that should matter there.
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2023, 14:57:31 »

I think Grant's last 2 clubs speak volumes at the level he's currently operating at.

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Thursday, April 27, 2023, 10:11:03 »

Morris said this today in his pre-match presser about Saturday's visit to Crewe.

"It's one I'm looking forward to. It'll be a different type of test to Stevenage. It's not the best prep when you're travelling all that way on the day of the game. But we want to build on some of the good stuff we've been doing lately and try to pick up three points again."

Are we revisiting the Megabus subscription out again?

Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Thursday, April 27, 2023, 10:12:28 »

We have been doing hotels for the properly northern games I think…
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Thursday, April 27, 2023, 10:14:00 »

Its not ideal travelling on the day of the game though is it

140 odd miles on a coach the morning of the game
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Thursday, April 27, 2023, 10:16:36 »

Morris said this today in his pre-match presser about Saturday's visit to Crewe.

"It's one I'm looking forward to. It'll be a different type of test to Stevenage. It's not the best prep when you're travelling all that way on the day of the game. But we want to build on some of the good stuff we've been doing lately and try to pick up three points again."

Are we revisiting the Megabus subscription out again?

Getting the 'it's not my fault' in early now I see.  Roll Eyes

Not remotely in any sort of Morris out mood, but if he don't like it (and he knew what he was signing up for), then not sure what the answer is albeit constantly bitching to the media ain't gonna help anyone.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: