Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Morris Dancing  (Read 39554 times)
Nijholts Nuts

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Tuesday, April 11, 2023, 19:33:54 »

There must be a common denominator beneath the pre Lindsay appointment debacle, the departure of Lindsay and the downturn in Morris' disposition, and that must be the backroom setup. There's something Power'esque going on at the moment and for all the good that has happened e.g. ground ownership, Austin's return, it is undermined by something else very very sinister.

I only dream of Claire Sweeney
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Tuesday, April 11, 2023, 19:49:05 »

It is possible to both to be put in a bad position, and to do a bad job even within that context (see my employment history for further details).

Exactly where I'm at with it. He's been dealt the shittest of shit hands, but he's still done poorly even so.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Tuesday, April 11, 2023, 19:52:02 »

There's something Power'esque going on at the moment and for all the good that has happened e.g. ground ownership, Austin's return, it is undermined by something else very very sinister.

Its difficult to shake that feeling when everything is fucking catastrophic at the club at the moment.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Tuesday, April 11, 2023, 19:57:17 »

Its difficult to shake that feeling when everything is fucking catastrophic at the club at the moment.

Isn't it just. It feels like that period of horrible high pressure and dark black clouds just before a massive storm. I'd almost rather Clem called a press conference tomorrow and he and Zav pull off rubber masks and reveal themselves as Lee Power and Mike Diamandis. It is the silence in the face of constant on and off field shitness that is making it all worse.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Tuesday, April 11, 2023, 20:02:23 »

In what was was it a hospital pass, he knew the squad before he took the job, would undoubtedly have been asked during the interview process whether he could work with the squad and no doubt confirmed that he could. Reed and Gladwin had gone before he was appointed. MacDonald announced at Aberdeen on the same day he was appointed (I recall it was common knowledge he was off a bit before then), as far as I am aware it wasn't compulsory that he took the job when it was offered.

He hasn't been handed a perfect hand, but is any manager handed thus, but these attempts to deflect any blame whatsoever from him are a little odd.
Yep,totally agree

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
DMC

« Reply #140 on: Tuesday, April 11, 2023, 21:03:08 »

One thing it does show though is that it will ultimutely come down to what happens on the pitch. The ownership etc is exactly the same as it was 12 months ago
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Tuesday, April 11, 2023, 21:21:23 »

One thing it does show though is that it will ultimutely come down to what happens on the pitch. The ownership etc is exactly the same as it was 12 months ago

Just as we would put up with dull football if we were winning 1-0 every week.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Tuesday, April 11, 2023, 21:22:17 »

Quote from: DMC

Yeah things go quieter with on pitch success.

I'd say a contributor was expectations were increased for this season and rock bottom last - and 'the model' wasn't around last season either.

on ownership, there were questions on Karachi, having a convicted money launderer being put in as #2 and the less than transparent way 'most wanted' and keily were rumoured to have influence.
DMC

« Reply #143 on: Tuesday, April 11, 2023, 21:29:08 »

Oh yeah definetly were being asked but nowhere near as loudly(rightly) as they are now
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Wednesday, April 12, 2023, 01:03:43 »

The joys of owning a football club!  Unlike most other businesses, the P&L is not the primary concern of everyone else watching you perform in running said business.  Not having a successful team leads to people asking questions - if you've fucked everything else up, those questions can sometimes be a little taxing.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Wednesday, April 12, 2023, 08:05:04 »

I wonder if Clem will be coming back to the UK to sort this shitshow out?
DMC

« Reply #146 on: Wednesday, April 12, 2023, 08:06:45 »

I wonder if Clem will be coming back to the UK to sort this shitshow out?
Nah not for a while. Poor cunt spent 4 months here and only just gone back.
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Wednesday, April 12, 2023, 08:15:00 »

Nah not for a while. Poor cunt spent 4 months here and only just gone back.
Do you know how long he was originally intending to be here for his latest trip?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Wednesday, April 12, 2023, 08:16:40 »

Do you know how long he was originally intending to be here for his latest trip?

Also isn't he restricted to how many days he can spend in the UK

So, give no fucks
DMC

« Reply #149 on: Wednesday, April 12, 2023, 08:30:40 »

Was due to go back early Feb.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: