Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Robbie Keane to Liverpool (for alot of money)  (Read 12741 times)
Rich Pullen

« Reply #45 on: Tuesday, July 29, 2008, 14:25:53 »

The only reason i have a soft spot for Spurs was because of Gazza at Italia 90, followed by winning the FA Cup, and my nan growing up by the ground. At that impressionable age, they seemed like a good team to follow. Then i got taken to the County G, and that was it!

So it wasn't the exploits of Paul Stewart?
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday, July 29, 2008, 14:28:55 »

No, i was more of a Vinny Samways man

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Rich Pullen

« Reply #47 on: Tuesday, July 29, 2008, 14:34:41 »

No, i was more of a Vinny Samways man

The boy meant business

http://www.spurspies.tv/Samways.jpg
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday, July 29, 2008, 15:02:40 »

I really want Swindon to get a hummel shirt, they're the best!!  Especially the Denmark/Southampton/Villa style of the mid 80's.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, July 29, 2008, 15:10:15 »

Vinny Sideways...forgotten all about him.  Reminded of a better version of Ray Attaveld (sp?).

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Lumps

« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, February 3, 2009, 08:57:24 »

Is it? I thought that, like most Liverpool signings it was a bit meeeeh! I can honestly say I've got no greater idea now what philosphy or pattern of play Benitez is aiming for then I didi when he took over at Anfield. Every close season he ships in about 6 players for about £40m and usually ships out the ones he bought the previous summer at a bit of a loss. I'm starting to think he's making it up as he goes along. He'll sell Keane to West Ham or some other no mark club for £8m come next June just you wait.

OK it's 12 million and they haven't even waited until the end of the season. But the principles the same.

This Benitez fellah is either not completely in control of the clubs transfer policy or is just buying players at random as they become available with no clear idea of how he's going to use them.

Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #51 on: Tuesday, February 3, 2009, 09:11:19 »

I think it is clear he is not in control
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Tuesday, February 3, 2009, 09:12:51 »

This Benitez fellah is either not completely in control of the clubs transfer policy or is just buying players at random as they become available with no clear idea of how he's going to use them
There's a bit of a power struggle with Parry who seems to think he's a DoF as well as a CEO - I suspect the Keane acquisition and the poor way he's been handled since then is part of that.

The root cause is these Spanish managers coming over here and taking jobs that British managers are entitled to do less well for more money. Lawrie Sanchez, John Gregory and Ian Holloway should do a flying picket of Anfield. British jobs for British gaffers!
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Tuesday, February 3, 2009, 09:37:12 »

The root cause is these Spanish managers coming over here and taking jobs that British managers are entitled to do less well for more money. Lawrie Sanchez, John Gregory and Ian Holloway should do a flying picket of Anfield. British jobs for British gaffers!

Thumb
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Tuesday, February 3, 2009, 09:47:27 »

Spurs sell him for 20 million, then 6 months later buy him back for 12 million.

You've got to hand it to them, brilliant bit of business!

It's All Good..............
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Tuesday, February 3, 2009, 09:49:39 »

It'll never beat Steve Bruce buying clinton morrison for £4.5m + Andy Johnson, then 2 years later trying to buy andy johnson back for £5m after morrison was shit
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #56 on: Tuesday, February 3, 2009, 09:56:34 »

The 20m wasnt all paid i dont think
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Tuesday, February 3, 2009, 10:00:41 »

Spurs sell him for 20 million, then 6 months later buy him back for 12 million.

You've got to hand it to them, brilliant bit of business!

Definately, but on the other hand 18 months ago they paid £18m for Darren Bent !!

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Tuesday, February 3, 2009, 10:02:35 »

Definately, but on the other hand 18 months ago they paid £18m for Darren Bent !!

True. Stupid Jews!

It's All Good..............
red socks

« Reply #59 on: Tuesday, February 3, 2009, 10:20:40 »

The only reason i have a soft spot for Spurs was because of Gazza at Italia 90, followed by winning the FA Cup, and my nan growing up by the ground. At that impressionable age, they seemed like a good team to follow. Then i got taken to the County G, and that was it!

I have a bit of a soft spot for Spurs, mainly because lots of our best former midfield players came from there, Hazzard, Moncur, Ardiles, Hoddle, errr and thats about it....
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: