Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Robbie Keane to Liverpool (for alot of money)  (Read 12697 times)
Rich Pullen

« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, July 29, 2008, 09:07:27 »

Whoever was Hull's number 10 when we beat them 3-0 in the 95/96 season was offside loads.

I think that was the game when we just passed the ball about for ages.

Wasn't that the game where Tony Grant nicely chipped their goalkeeper? Good times.
flammableBen

« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, July 29, 2008, 09:08:06 »

I can't remember anything else about it.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, July 29, 2008, 09:09:39 »

The google test:

"Robbie Keane offside" = 108,000 results
"Andy Cole offside" = 92,300 results
"Inzaghi offside" = 48,200 results

Robbie Keane wins.

Google Test

Paul Fewings offside = 128 results

(Fewings being the Hull City number 10 for 95/96!)

Robbie Keane wins
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, July 29, 2008, 09:10:15 »

I think Keane will be Liverpools next Bellamy, and Rafa will be sacked as a result of it.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, July 29, 2008, 09:13:30 »

Is it wrong that when I hear of such huge transfers a little bit of me hopes he gets injured - nothing serious - just one of those nagging injuries that hinder a season.

Nothing against RK as I enjoy watching the fella play, shame he's joined such a horribly up it's arse club.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, July 29, 2008, 09:37:47 »

Keane's a very good player. 24 / 25 goals in his last 2 seasons makes him one of the premier leagues top strikers.  Looks like a natural partner for Torres also.

As others have said he looks cheap if Andy Johnson is worth £12m
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, July 29, 2008, 09:59:51 »

I think Rafa has finally got it into his head that he needs to buy some proven Premiership quality rather than Spanish people who may take some time or never adapt top the English game.

When you look back he has signed some right shit, luckily he is shrewd enough to get rid of them after one season.

Robbie Keane is a good striker and only said somewhere this time last year I'm surprised one of the 'big 4' hadnt already taken a gamble on him, he always been pretty consistent over the years.

Not sure how well he'll play up top with Torres but Keane (providing he plays) should be good for 20+ goals.

He's a damn good improvement on Peter fucking Crouch....
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, July 29, 2008, 11:42:57 »

I think Robbie Keane is one of the most technically-able players that the prem has ever seen.
Right up there, although probably just behind, the likes of Bergkamp, Zola, Cantona.
It's one of those really exciting signings for the neutral and i really hope him and Torres can hit it off although i get the feeling it's one of those partnerships that looks a little bit too good to be true.

officially blacker than the night.
Lumps

« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, July 29, 2008, 12:33:06 »

It's one of those really exciting signings for the neutral and i really hope him and Torres can hit it off although i get the feeling it's one of those partnerships that looks a little bit too good to be true.

Is it? I thought that, like most Liverpool signings it was a bit meeeeh! I can honestly say I've got no greater idea now what philosphy or pattern of play Benitez is aiming for then I didi when he took over at Anfield. Every close season he ships in about 6 players for about £40m and usually ships out the ones he bought the previous summer at a bit of a loss. I'm starting to think he's making it up as he goes along. He'll sell Keane to West Ham or some other no mark club for £8m come next June just you wait.

The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, July 29, 2008, 12:48:59 »

I find the contemp towards Liverpool astonishing at times. Had he gone to Man U or Chelsea then Keane would have been hailed 'a fantastic signing' yet because he has signed for Liverpool then of course he is overpriced and overrated. Complete tosh. Keane will be immense with Torres upfront (who if I remember correct was branded as last pre-season as a waste of money, and will take a season or two to settle at Liverpool. Well if thats true, then fuck me the Premiership must be shitting themselves this season.)
 IMO there are a lot of users on here who adopt a Premiership team. I get bored reading how good Rooney is, when in fact he of all strikers has a very poor goal return concidering he cost £30M. Lets be honest he is a fat fuck. But he's English so we let him off. Arsenal have a strong strike force if RVP lasts the season but in general of the top 4, I genuinely think Liverpool have made improvements to their squad and if they get Barry too I think they will almost certainly challenge for the title.
 The most stupid thing I keep being said is how far behind Liverpool are to Man U and how Liverpool are in danger of losing 4th spot. Liverpool would have finished above Man U if they managed to beat them twice instead of losing both games! At Man U only had a greater goal difference because of the goals they scored against Newcastle twice. IMO Liverpool will easily cement a top 4 finish (I think 3rd) and there is just no way the top 4 will be broken this season.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, July 29, 2008, 12:55:04 »

I don't remember anyone critising Fernando Torres when he arrived in England.

I stand by my statement - he and Torres should score many goals together but they'll still lose silly games against 'inferior' opposition thus ruining their chances of a title run.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, July 29, 2008, 13:01:01 »

Hmmmn, I get the feeling someone has a soft spot for Liverpool and are not so keen on the red half of Manchester.

As for if Liverpool had beaten Utd blah blah blah, as the saying goes, if my auntie had bollocks she'd be my uncle.  What if, what if, what if....
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, July 29, 2008, 13:01:37 »

Torres and Keane together will be mint.

And if Spurs sign Bentley they will have done some good business this summer, getting rid of all that shite, for decent money, and replacing it with the likes of Modric and Dos Santos.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, July 29, 2008, 13:03:05 »

During my research for my last mesages I learnt that Spurs got £2m for Noe Pamarot.

This is the guy who spent 45 minutes having his pants pulled down by Macnamee the other night, no?
Rich Pullen

« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, July 29, 2008, 13:05:40 »

mint

Has anyone noticed how "in" this word has become recently (not just of TEF, generally)... Yes, it's been around for years but it seems the cool dude word of choice at the moment - Whatever the topic I always hear this phrase nowadays.

Just an observation is all.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: