Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Michael Smith  (Read 41298 times)
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #75 on: Wednesday, January 22, 2014, 11:25:47 »

No chance.
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Wednesday, January 22, 2014, 11:30:20 »

Steve Bull went to the World Cup in 1990 as a second tier player.

Don't think Charlie will go this time but if he makes the step up to the Prem and keeps banging them in (as he has at every level he's played at) he will be hard to ignore, if that Hull move had gone ahead and he'd had a good season, there would be a clamour for him I think.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Wednesday, January 22, 2014, 11:36:32 »

So with two signings in for around  £600,000 if the Smith fee is to be believed and Luongo...where does that leave us in respect of paying our debts as seen on the audit.?
I mean if i was Rooney i would be more than a bit pissed off that the club cant honor his contract but can spend this kind of money on two players.
Surely dont look good f it does go to court?

Not sure about Smith to be honest but only time will tell....oh and just to say we have now probably spent more on two players than PDC did in his whole time here Cheesy...not accounting for wages i grant you and the odd tribunal.
To be fair it is all panning out a bit strange to me
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Wednesday, January 22, 2014, 11:45:49 »

It's not that we owe Rooney money, it's that we are disputing we owe him anything as we do not think the agreement / contract / whatever was valid. I don't see what the problem is seeing as Rooney has a new club and has been with them since July, so it's not like he's low on cash. I guess he just wanted the massive wage he was promised by PDC / Spencer / Wray / Insert Name.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Wednesday, January 22, 2014, 11:46:31 »

No chance.

An outside chance admittedly, but I'd say he must be about 7th or 8th in line...we'll take 4 strikers, if fit Rooney, Sturridge, Wellbeck, and then a place up for grabs on form and fitness...
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Wednesday, January 22, 2014, 11:50:12 »

So with two signings in for around  £600,000 if the Smith fee is to be believed and Luongo...where does that leave us in respect of paying our debts as seen on the audit.?
I mean if i was Rooney i would be more than a bit pissed off that the club cant honor his contract but can spend this kind of money on two players.
Surely dont look good f it does go to court?

Not sure about Smith to be honest but only time will tell....oh and just to say we have now probably spent more on two players than PDC did in his whole time here Cheesy...not accounting for wages i grant you and the odd tribunal.
To be fair it is all panning out a bit strange to me

I had never seen this before and there is some great stats on it.

http://thewashbag.com/2013/03/05/paolo-di-canios-vital-statistics/

However the one pertinent to your comment Leefer is -

10 players that Di Canio signed had their contracts paid up early – Atiku, Chibbochi, Comazzi, Connell, Esajas, Kerrouche, Lanzano, Magera, Risser and J Smith which I presume cost a pretty penny. Collins cost 200k and Troy about 150k I think so I think we are far from what Di Canio frittered away.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Flashheart

« Reply #81 on: Wednesday, January 22, 2014, 11:52:05 »

There's a significant difference between being unable to pay somebody and being unwilling to. I don't think the club have ever claimed they are unable to pay Rooney.
Flashheart

« Reply #82 on: Wednesday, January 22, 2014, 11:53:10 »

I had never seen this before and there is some great stats on it.

http://thewashbag.com/2013/03/05/paolo-di-canios-vital-statistics/

However the one pertinent to your comment Leefer is -

10 players that Di Canio signed had their contracts paid up early – Atiku, Chibbochi, Comazzi, Connell, Esajas, Kerrouche, Lanzano, Magera, Risser and J Smith which I presume cost a pretty penny. Collins cost 200k and Troy about 150k I think so I think we are far from what Di Canio frittered away.

We also paid 150k ish for Connell
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Wednesday, January 22, 2014, 11:53:55 »

It's not that we owe Rooney money, it's that we are disputing we owe him anything as we do not think the agreement / contract / whatever was valid. I don't see what the problem is seeing as Rooney has a new club and has been with them since July, so it's not like he's low on cash. I guess he just wanted the massive wage he was promised by PDC / Spencer / Wray / Insert Name.

So i got it wrong fair enough...i thought he had a contract and was taking the club to court.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Wednesday, January 22, 2014, 11:54:30 »

We also paid 150k ish for Connell

Forgot about that as well and I am sure there are others. Apparently he brought in 38 players in total so guessing that tots up well above 500k.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Wednesday, January 22, 2014, 11:56:49 »

So i got it wrong fair enough...i thought he had a contract and was taking the club to court.
Well he has. It's just the club claim it's not valid.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Wednesday, January 22, 2014, 12:16:33 »

Tails because a player is quote....not low on cash....will not wash in court if indeed it ends up going there.
My feeling is the club will have to pay a reduced amount to Cheesy ALL parties mentioned in this audit.

Flasheart we will never agree and we have done it to death Smiley
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #87 on: Wednesday, January 22, 2014, 12:18:19 »

Tails because a player is quote....not low on cash....will not wash in court if indeed it ends up going there.
My feeling is the club will have to pay a reduced amount to Cheesy ALL parties mentioned in this audit.

Flasheart we will never agree and we have done it to death Smiley

You'll never agree because you are wrong.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Wednesday, January 22, 2014, 12:21:05 »

An outside chance admittedly, but I'd say he must be about 7th or 8th in line...we'll take 4 strikers, if fit Rooney, Sturridge, Wellbeck, and then a place up for grabs on form and fitness...

4th will be Lambert, as he's already been part of the squad and the other players there could use someone who actually gives a shit.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Wednesday, January 22, 2014, 12:52:12 »

4th will be Lambert, as he's already been part of the squad and the other players there could use someone who actually gives a shit.

Form and fitness, usually means that there's always a few changes to what looks like the squad...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: