Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Man City troubles  (Read 1042 times)
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« on: Monday, August 11, 2008, 09:03:34 »

Now this could all be a load of BS.  But interesting all the same.

http://www.oleole.com/blogs/harryhotspur/posts/man-city-in-freefall-an-exec-speaks-out

"Come here, there's more... 
Now with no name to them, the words below could well be derided, but given that the content lacks any hate agenda, I'm inclined to buy them. There have been many ambulances chasing Thaksin since his arrival at Eastlands but it seems now the sound of the sirens must be deafening. Not a good read for Manchester City fans, but interesting fare for rubbernecking Yids.

"I'm sorry to say this, as a life long fan and - for the last few (for me at least) unforgettable months - employee, MCFC as we know it is finished. Here are the FACTS, for those who really want to know. Thaksin is, as of midlnight 10th August, 2008, an international fugitive.

The Corluka affair is the last straw - I personally worked on the deal and can assure anyone interested that he has already been transferred to Spurs. Spurs have this evening started legal action, and he will be barred from playing for City following an injunction in the courts tomorrow

He now has to be found guilty of corruption in Thailand in his absense, offering no defence. Extradition requests will surely follow. The PL will then have to find him short of the fit and proper ownership rules (and believe me, the pressure for that from fellow 'members' has been growing since June).

Thaksin is trying to palm off City onto whoever will now take it, an insolvent mess of a business, completely incapable of sustaining itself. The truth is that the only interested party (until recently) - Wardle - is not now able to bail City out now , he cant come close on his own and no partners have been found. The wage bill and committments due on the last 2 years' transfers have spiralled out of control.

Personally I expect Hughes to then resign on principal (he has no choice now, he is on record as saying that he will have final say on all transfers). Many wont believe any of this, but a few will. I am very close to this situation (readers will never know who I am or how close - a few would know my name but it isnt appropriate to for me to come 'out') - trust me, I am close enough to know what has happeneded in the last fortnight, I am pissed off with it (as a fan, and as someone who has worked hard for the club durinig the ast 18 months or so) and it must be said, a little drunk.

I am posting this message on a few sites - apologies for those that keep reading it, but I want City fans to know what is happening. The sad truth is we are finished, and that as a result, the PL will be facing its biggest challenge since inception within 2 weeks of now."
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, August 11, 2008, 09:26:44 »

Oh dear

I come from a land down-under
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #2 on: Monday, August 11, 2008, 09:27:27 »

I was gonna post something about this.

The thing is that there is a bit of a revolution going on here in Thailand, in that the judical system has become much more powerful of late and a few people at the top are looking over their shoulders. The fact that Thaksins wife has been convicted and sentenced to 3 years is testament to this as before such a thing would never have happened, it is now looking likely that he too will be found guilty on at least 1, if not all 4 of the allegations against him. He also skipped bail to go to England today and has said that he will not be coming back.

Skipping bail is serious enough, but if / when he is found guilty then surely the FL would have no choice to deem him not a "Fit and proper person", possibly leaving Man City up the swanny without a paddle.
trogladite

« Reply #3 on: Monday, August 11, 2008, 09:41:13 »

If this is true?
Then a big club, could be about to fall. I take pleasure in this, as I've always seen the preimershit as a parasite in English football.
On the other hand if Man City goes tits up then it's the fans that suffer, bearing in mind that Man City fans have been some of the mast arrogant that have paid a visit to the County Ground in many a long year, it still leaves me feeling sorry for them.
Them being the paying customer.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, August 11, 2008, 09:46:56 »

No doubt, all of a sudden, the PL's rules will be different from the FL's rules and City will get a slap on the wrist.
trogladite

« Reply #5 on: Monday, August 11, 2008, 10:03:31 »

Cynical Jan but understandable.
However it's all about money eqauls power and not how many friends Man City has or has not got.   
If that makes any sense?
Spencer_White

« Reply #6 on: Monday, August 11, 2008, 12:14:52 »

Man City havent been the same club since they left Maine Road. A lot of their fans never really made the switch.

Man City to be in this league in 3 years time, definately.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: