Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Oxford United v Swindon Town - Matchday thread  (Read 71295 times)
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2015, 09:48:51 »

Spent 30 million at Sunderland, built his own squad and didn't last long.

Was awesome while he was here, of course.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2015, 09:50:42 »

Ha ha, that's class. Does smack a little of cup final though, rather than JPT 3rd round.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2015, 09:54:15 »

Di Canio in would be ridiculous. Might gain us some short term success but with his scatter gun approach to signings and the fact he's a complete loose cannon, it will always end in tears one way or another.

People really need to learn this lesson. Wanting to get Dux back is like blowing all your wages on a Friday night, then remembering you haven't paid the rent.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2015, 09:58:16 »

it's more than that, we haven't got any money left this season, it's all been spent. so he couldn't bankrupt us  , and wouldn't be allowed to under power anyway.

but he wouldn't have a team to field within a week, we have what - 16 available players? he'd have fallen out with 6 of those by Friday!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2015, 10:00:49 »

good to hear Barry is out of hospital

concussion means footy is a no no for a week or two to avoid a second blow I'd imagine
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #365 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2015, 10:02:28 »

good to hear Barry is out of hospital

concussion means footy is a no no for a week or two to avoid a second blow I'd imagine

Can someone who actually went to the game actually confirm how he played, we seem to have veering opinions that he is a conference player then other say how well he has played?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2015, 10:03:11 »

Ha ha, that's class. Does smack a little of cup final though, rather than JPT 3rd round.

Just a pity that I look at the Bull and the first thought I get is why do they have a banner of Monty Burns?
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2015, 10:09:06 »

I was big fan of Di Canio, but anyone wanting him back or think he would even come back is an idiot.

That's like wanting Sam Parkin, or Rory Fallon back.

Oh.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #368 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2015, 10:41:56 »

There's* is much much better. I don't care if it costed more. If you are going to do it, do it right.
*Theirs

And while *theirs* clearly is better, easy to be a critic - look forward to seeing your amazing effort at the next game
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2015, 10:47:12 »

I'm not going again until Cooper has gone...

I'm not taking away anything anyone has done, I'm just saying THEIRS is much better.

xxx

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #370 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2015, 11:04:17 »

Fuck me this highlights make it even worse

Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #371 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2015, 11:13:31 »

Fuck me this highlights make it even worse

Slightly dodgy sending-off. If Turnbull had gone down like the Oxford player did after barging into him, it would have been a penalty.

Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #372 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2015, 11:14:04 »

I'm still none the wiser as to how that's a sending off offence.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #373 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2015, 11:20:17 »

Great keeping for the 2nd, even worse defending for the 1st
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #374 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2015, 11:21:36 »

Di Canio in would be ridiculous. Might gain us some short term success but with his scatter gun approach to signings and the fact he's a complete loose cannon, it will always end in tears one way or another.

Di Canio would come in, do a brilliantly bizarre press conference about how happy he is to be 'home' and looking forward to working with the squad. Making this point would take several hours.

He'd then take charge and  fall out with half the squad, for a variety of reasons, they are not fit enough/ willing to work hard enough/ they don't do exactly what he says at every second of the day/ one of them has a new born baby they seem keen on.

Some of the 'reject's would be so psychologically scarred by him, they'll take years to recover.

He'll then let Power know, via the local media he's been expressly forbidden from talking to, that he needs a whole new team, Power will refuse and he'll storm off in a huff, taking more from the back offices than those Channel 5 bailiffs ever managed as he goes.

This whole process would take less time than the Press Conference.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: