Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Get Cooper fucking out of here  (Read 43722 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Monday, March 10, 2014, 20:55:26 »

Agree Reg it's been a long time, I was referring to this season's expectations with some real quality being played in the early part, it's be stated enough so I don't intend to go on, but without Sherwood/Ferdinand's input maybe Cooper has struggled to maintain the kind of football they introduced.

Bloody hope that's not the case. They are Spurs employees and other than check on their  loan players they should have fuck all input on our club whatsover.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Monday, March 10, 2014, 20:56:14 »

Unfortunately our recent tendency to Div 3/Div 4 yo-yo is a bit of a fly in the ointment for your case.

Oh come on.  My 'case' is that we're no worse off now than were in 2004.  Yours was that we've been in decline for 20 years.  At worst, we crashed in the 10 years following the Premiership season and have been bumping along the bottom since (albeit with improved attendance figures).  To suggest that things are worse now than they were 10 years ago - when the Club seemed to be under permanent threat of collapse - is farcical.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Monday, March 10, 2014, 21:16:39 »

We've been in division 4 twice in like 28 years.. OK twice in the last 10 years, but in that time we've made the division 3 playoffs three times. So by your logic we have a 'tendency' to finish top 6 as well.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Monday, March 10, 2014, 21:52:55 »

Saturday was key.

5 points off the play off spot despite a poor run - thank your lucky stars and play like it really matters!  MK certainly did in the second half and that we failed to match their commitment is down to Cooper.  Given that a point was not enough, part of me was glad that the team that fought for the points got its reward. (even if I try to do my best to vocalise my support during the full 90 minutes).

First half of the season, we showed both style and commitment with naivety quite often costing us and the absence of Ranger tending to stifle the style.

Cooper will have to be judged on the season as a whole, with greater weight attached to the more recent 2nd half of the season, and he is still left with something to prove beyond merely avoiding relegation.

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #124 on: Monday, March 10, 2014, 22:20:55 »

Quite simply, when Ajose went back to The Posh we stopped winning so much. Three games since he left.

N'Guessan was scoring for fun at the start of the season, now he looks like a right donkey. Ranger has been a cunt and missed out through being a lazy fucker and also with his trial. Storey has been a bit part player under how many managers? Don't get me wrong I like the lad, but the 'Miles Storey will change our season' theorists have rose tinted glasses on.

We've not got enough in the final third of the pitch. Nathan Byrne (to his immense credit) has been our best attacking player in recent weeks. This is a player a large proportion of fans hated up until a few games ago. I wish some of our other players would show a similar set of bollocks and do something creative.

THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Monday, March 10, 2014, 22:23:27 »

It's nothing to do with league position.

It's simply fans are perplexed as to why we have gone from a stylish, entertaining team to the turgid, boring outfit we are now.

We could be in exactly the same position now with exactly the same results but if the performances had been up to par nobody would be saying a word

Agreed

Clems Army!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Tuesday, March 11, 2014, 07:20:34 »

NUT
We've not got enough in the final third of the pitch.
SHELL

Though I still think we could at least try playing to the strengths of players we have, rather to a system they are struggling with.

Byrne has given 100%, still not totally convinced of his quality in the final third but he deserves his starting place.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Tuesday, March 11, 2014, 07:24:55 »

Murphy gone back i see
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Tuesday, March 11, 2014, 07:27:40 »

Shame we didn't see him play on the wing much.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Tuesday, March 11, 2014, 10:22:39 »

Murphy gone back i see

He was never going to thrive in our style of play so it was a little pointless loaning him in the first place. That said, whenever I saw him he looked a player (the JPT backpass aside)

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Tuesday, March 11, 2014, 16:14:29 »

That's kind of pissed me off.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Tuesday, March 11, 2014, 16:52:01 »

Putting square pegs into round holes - I'd like to see if we play to our strengths how we can be let's scrap this so called pretty pretty football that isn't and just play football and see where it get's us.

Not likely to happen anytime soon though
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Tuesday, March 11, 2014, 16:54:01 »

Putting square pegs into round holes - I'd like to see if we play to our strengths how we can be let's scrap this so called pretty pretty football that isn't and just play football and see where it get's us.

Not likely to happen anytime soon though

I think Cooper has made that quite clear that this philosophy is here to stay.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Colin Todd

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #133 on: Tuesday, March 11, 2014, 23:30:46 »

"the philosophy" is just bollocks, I'm just not sure if its coopers, power's, jed's or a combination of all 3.

Early season, whilst a bit frustrating at times we did play some good stuff. It might be a cliché, but that type of football was always going to come undone in the winter at league 1 level on terrible pitches in horrific weather. You need to be able to mix it up and we cant.

Also, a footballing philosophy should mean playing to a broadly familiar tactic, that players all though the clubs age ranges should play so that they are instantly familiar when joining the 1st team set up. The likes of ajax and barca do this to great effect, and although I'm clearly not execting that sort of quailty to roll out of our youth setup, that seems to be the way to go about it.

Finally, lets stop pretending that slow, ponderous passing through the midfield is the only way to play football and anything less is somehow morally inferior. We played some great stuff at times under PDC with much more tempo than we currently do, and I dont see why many of the players we have now couldn't play that way.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #134 on: Wednesday, March 12, 2014, 11:21:32 »

"the philosophy" is just bollocks, I'm just not sure if its coopers, power's, jed's or a combination of all 3.

Early season, whilst a bit frustrating at times we did play some good stuff. It might be a cliché, but that type of football was always going to come undone in the winter at league 1 level on terrible pitches in horrific weather. You need to be able to mix it up and we cant.

Also, a footballing philosophy should mean playing to a broadly familiar tactic, that players all though the clubs age ranges should play so that they are instantly familiar when joining the 1st team set up. The likes of ajax and barca do this to great effect, and although I'm clearly not execting that sort of quailty to roll out of our youth setup, that seems to be the way to go about it.

Finally, lets stop pretending that slow, ponderous passing through the midfield is the only way to play football and anything less is somehow morally inferior. We played some great stuff at times under PDC with much more tempo than we currently do, and I dont see why many of the players we have now couldn't play that way.

No it isn't.

We have managed to eke out a few points in difficult conditions, like PV away, the weather although predictably causing problems, has more to do with the attritional nature of Div 3, causing wear and tear on bodies, rather than the style of play.

Just look at the numbers of our players who've pulled up lame with various strains and pulls. This is particularly so on young players because they're unused to to the pressure on their bodies....it's surely no coincidence that our more or less only ever present is Darren Ward, the oldest pro.

You mention elsewhere mediocrity, but we have seen some decent football this season, and it was never going to be the case that this side could compete for promotion....it's about developing the players, and the interest that this can create, and from "the project" point of view it's been largely successful so far.

It was fairly obvious early doors, that Power was going to have problems taking some of our fans along with this model, many preferring traditional  English hoofball, and I'm sure this will be reflected in season ticket sales.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: