Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 5-live coverage Man City Sunderland  (Read 1462 times)
Lumps

« on: Monday, March 6, 2006, 19:12:32 »

Was I the only person that heard the commentators on 5 during Sundays Sunderland game compare our record in the Premier somewhat unfavourably with the current Sunderland sides?

They, of course brought up the 100 goals against and seemed to imply that we gave up the fight early in the season, where plucky little Sunderland (with their 42,000 seater fucking stadium, 20-30 thousand season ticket holders, and an automatic £10m quid for just getting promotion) were making a fight of it.

Even putting aside the VAST difference in resources available to the two clubs are they completely fucking stupid! Sunderland are much, much worse than we were.

28 games, 22 defeats! It took us 42 games to lose that many. They're losing over 70% of their games for chrissake. If they are putting up a fight it's a pretty incompetent one.

We took a fairly poor 0.71 points per game but they're not managing even half of that.

We scored at better than a goal a game, they've got 19 in 28 games.

The hundred goals conceded stat is the only one where we're worse than them, and of course it's the only one mentioned.

Cunts!
Spud

« Reply #1 on: Monday, March 6, 2006, 19:13:08 »

I watched it on Sky Sports.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, March 6, 2006, 19:17:50 »

commentators just love us dont they?  i hate the cunts!  :twisted:
flammableBen

« Reply #3 on: Monday, March 6, 2006, 19:29:34 »

I'm sort of quite proud of our 100 goals conceded record. Think becasue it's a way of turning around the converation to proper football when my mates are talking about their big clubs.
Spud

« Reply #4 on: Monday, March 6, 2006, 19:30:44 »

Thats the reason i listen to Talksport, 5 live are  :wanker:
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, March 6, 2006, 19:31:59 »

Quote from: "flammableBen"
I'm sort of quite proud of our 100 goals conceded record. Think becasue it's a way of turning around the converation to proper football when my mates are talking about their big clubs.

at least people will know we actually exist! its nice to be mentioned by the media for a change i suppose  :roll:
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, March 6, 2006, 21:33:56 »

our record is so much better than Sunderlands.

And better than some other teams since we were relegated in 94 as well. A lot of it is to do with the 100 goals we let in;
we scored 47 though and played some good football as well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: