Pages: 1 ... 432 433 434 [435] 436 437 438 ... 867   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1277497 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #6510 on: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 11:43:36 »

The Fitton era may have had more money to throw at things - but they left us with that debenture - not good. At least Clem wants to put the club on a sustainable footing which can only be good - the Fitton era resulted in Power. Hopefully when Clem goes , if and when we are sustainable the club will be far more attractive a proposition for future owners. That's got to be the hope.

You see, just as some are pointed at for spreading rumour and opinion as fact, you have this.  The Debenture was not a bad thing - it had been sat there for 10 years without being called in.  It had very clear requirements - sale of business or significant asset movements.  It was simply a type of loan that didn't need monthly repayments.

On top of that, you mention it like Black left us in the shit as a result - he paid off Debentures worth almost as much when he took over (Shaw Park Developments - St Modwen) and he wrote off all of the debt the club accrued under their stewardship - about 12m.

If you want to knock them for something, knock them for having a squad we couldn't afford once new owners took over.  Something that caused us a headache for about 6 months.  After that we reset.

There is one thing that has made the club more attractive - the gifting of the Ground share to the club by Eady.  About the only person in the past 10 years to have done anything GOOD for the club.

And I am not saying, and never had said, that Clem is a bad person or doing nefarious things. 
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #6511 on: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 11:59:52 »

And I am not saying, and never had said, that Clem is a bad person or doing nefarious things. 
I'd like to echo this point.

I think it's fine to question inconsistencies in what we are told without making it personal to Clem, thinking that he's actually done anything wrong or hoping for a conspiracy to uncover!

Simultaneously I understand why others aren't, which is equally fine

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #6512 on: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 12:03:33 »

I'd like to echo this point.

I think it's fine to question inconsistencies in what we are told without making it personal to Clem, thinking that he's actually done anything wrong or hoping for a conspiracy to uncover!

Simultaneously I understand why others aren't, which is equally fine
Completely agree and echo this point too.
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #6513 on: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 12:03:40 »

Just watched the interview with Clem Morfuni and others.
There is no denying that Morfuni can tell a good story and as said previously if he had not gotten involved when he did STFC would not be here today.
Not saying he is a saint or a sinner but the club will be  in a relationship with him for a long time to come.
Just hope that Lady Luck keeps smiling down on us and the current performances on the pitch continues.
COYMs
« Last Edit: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 12:06:49 by Robinz » Logged
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #6514 on: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 12:06:55 »

The big question that fans can and should ask of any owner is, what have they done that ensures the future success of the club and business?.

It has to be something hard, like a physical asset, or something around clearing (not moving) debt of significant value etc.

As an example, if I think of Clem's tenure, there is maybe one thing right now - the paying down of the Debenture, as it was secured against the assets of the business and could have caused risk (in theory at least, it seems to have been pretty benign for 10 years).  However, we don't actually know what the deal struck was that financed that payment, so we could still see the business on the hook.   There is some evidence that it caused some pretty fundamental changes to the Holding Co structure and rules of operating.  So right now, it's a maybe rather than a hard, factual, bit of improvement that creates a better club/business for the future.

Under Clem, I am struggling.  Everything that I can say is good, is transient in nature - he has managed a period where out attendances have increased, which is very good.  There is no guarantee they would sustain that level.  Same for season ticket sales, but again they reset every year.  The debt has been made softer, but it is still debt - we only have his word he won't call it in, which has proven to be a bit "loose" with the truth.

The current Manager seems a good pick - and we know how long that can last and how quickly it can unravel if it does end.

Other than that, there are a lot of words, but nothing concrete.

That's how I want him measured - something that can outlast him.

Maybe the Ground development will be that thing?  I hope so.  He has been handed a gift here, I really hope it's the one thing he knows how to get right because it has the makings of being a very good thing to get right.

The problem with not doing those things is you'll get measured by some of the other shit you get wrong - and there has been plenty.  We fucked up last season in a footballing sense.  We spent too much money on players and Managers, causing some financial heartburn.  We have done nothing to improve the Academy that lasts.  We got embroiled in some silly Visa scheme in Pakistan.
« Last Edit: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 12:09:28 by RobertT » Logged
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #6515 on: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 12:15:47 »

Not sure if it’s been mentioned or if it’s that important but it’s good to know any pay off for Morris/Brand will be finished in a couple of months. Something else poor old Clem wasn’t entirely sure when.
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #6516 on: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 12:23:00 »

Rob
Understand your concerns however surely the club is a testimony of Morfuni achievements to date.
Simple terms in my opinion ithe club would not exist in its present form.
Yes Morfuni is an opportunist and was in the right place at the right time.
But he must have big balls to take on STFC when he did.
I say good luck to his success because if he is successful surely the club should be as well 😉
« Last Edit: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 12:26:42 by Robinz » Logged
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #6517 on: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 12:24:56 »

How do you quantify success off the pitch? We could well get promoted despite naivety in the boardroom.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #6518 on: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 12:29:38 »

The old brain was whirring in the gym about the interview and whilst I'm erring on the side of Clem being a good egg, I can't help wondering just what is in it for certain characters in the club. Yes Clem gave his side of the story but some of it just doesn't ring true. And I'm sorry for going over old ground again and again

Zav Austin - I'm pretty sure Clem actually said in the interview he was no longer vice-chairman or a director and that he just comes to the club as a regular guest of Clem's. Without Zav, he wouldn't be in the situation as club chairman - is that really true?

Hart - he was the Strength and Conditioning coach and did some great work with Harry Mckirdy, but like Zav, also has a past. He's now working with Crawley but continues to be around in the background - again there must be a proper reason he's there? Don't think Sonny Hart is like Curran's son, as apparently he's pretty good.

Chris Kiely - Was willing to give Clem money for shares to help pay off the Debenture but seemingly wants no input in the club or anything out of it? I don't think Kiely is particularly close to Clem, surely he wouldn't just hand over a wad of money without wanting anything in return.

Again - i'm not convinced Clem is nefarious, but something just doesn't sit right about these guys who are there in the background of the club, seemingly for no return. I don't doubt that Kiely is making a good amount on the loan to Clem, and I'm surprised he never mentioned about Kiely's data business, that I believe we use. As for Hart and Zav Austin - i'm really not sure.  Hmmm

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #6519 on: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 12:29:50 »

You could easily ask Yeovil or Bury or Worcester RFC that and possibly they could give you a better answer than I can
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #6520 on: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 12:39:03 »

I am ian and so is my wite

He's a fucking drongo that Ian.
« Last Edit: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 13:00:31 by ChalkyWhiteIsGod » Logged
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #6521 on: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 12:41:23 »

The old brain was whirring in the gym about the interview and whilst I'm erring on the side of Clem being a good egg, I can't help wondering just what is in it for certain characters in the club. Yes Clem gave his side of the story but some of it just doesn't ring true. And I'm sorry for going over old ground again and again

Zav Austin - I'm pretty sure Clem actually said in the interview he was no longer vice-chairman or a director and that he just comes to the club as a regular guest of Clem's. Without Zav, he wouldn't be in the situation as club chairman - is that really true?

Hart - he was the Strength and Conditioning coach and did some great work with Harry Mckirdy, but like Zav, also has a past. He's now working with Crawley but continues to be around in the background - again there must be a proper reason he's there? Don't think Sonny Hart is like Curran's son, as apparently he's pretty good.

Chris Kiely - Was willing to give Clem money for shares to help pay off the Debenture but seemingly wants no input in the club or anything out of it? I don't think Kiely is particularly close to Clem, surely he wouldn't just hand over a wad of money without wanting anything in return.

Again - i'm not convinced Clem is nefarious, but something just doesn't sit right about these guys who are there in the background of the club, seemingly for no return. I don't doubt that Kiely is making a good amount on the loan to Clem, and I'm surprised he never mentioned about Kiely's data business, that I believe we use. As for Hart and Zav Austin - i'm really not sure.  Hmmm
Noticed last night that Clem very nearly referred to Kiely as CK which is apparently how his friends greet him.

The time of the loan last year was right in the midst of Kiely's Brentford style project kicking off. As he was given the platform to do so by Clem, can see why he was willing to loan funds if they were available to him at the time.

ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #6522 on: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 12:41:58 »

Haha. That’s not true in the slightest

Definitely isn't.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #6523 on: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 12:43:08 »

Zav Austin - I'm pretty sure Clem actually said in the interview he was no longer vice-chairman or a director and that he just comes to the club as a regular guest of Clem's. Without Zav, he wouldn't be in the situation as club chairman - is that really true? Yes as it was Zav (allegedly) who told Clem about the loop-hole for Clem to be able to buy before Able I believe.

Chris Kiely - Was willing to give Clem money for shares to help pay off the Debenture but seemingly wants no input in the club or anything out of it? I don't think Kiely is particularly close to Clem, surely he wouldn't just hand over a wad of money without wanting anything in return. This would be the main concern for me.

Again - i'm not convinced Clem is nefarious, but something just doesn't sit right about these guys who are there in the background of the club, seemingly for no return. I don't doubt that Kiely is making a good amount on the loan to Clem, and I'm surprised he never mentioned about Kiely's data business, that I believe we use. As for Hart and Zav Austin - i'm really not sure. Hmmm
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #6524 on: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 12:43:40 »

In terms of Austin, since the fuss about Vice Chair and correction, hasn't it always ben the story that he got Clem involved and Clem sees him as mate, Austin gets to act bobby big bollocks on match days etc. Don't think any thing said contradicts that.

Hart I don't know much about, but from a rudimentary google he is part of what appears to be a reasonably successful fitness/training conditioning business. The whole Crawley thing was a nonsense as some seemed genuinely surprised and angry that a consultancy does work for more than one client, does he actually have any day to day role personally with fitness etc at the CG or is it just again he is a mate of Clem''s whose lad is in the yoofs?

Chris Kiely seems a bit of an enigma, its not altogether clear to me where his cash came from (his old man maybe?) has some involvement in racing and 'data' but no idea where he links to Clem? He does seem to have become a bogeyman in some peoples eyes, albeit its not really clear why or how?

Long and short, I suspect if asked, his simple answer would be they are people who I know and have done work with and who I consider to be mates. Yes there may be some dodgy backgrounds there, but who Clem keeps the company of doesn't have a great deal to do with the successful or otherwise running of the club.

« Last Edit: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 12:48:12 by horlock07 » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 432 433 434 [435] 436 437 438 ... 867   Go Up
Print
Jump to: