Pages: 1 ... 171 172 173 [174] 175 176 177 ... 263   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Power  (Read 544701 times)
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #2595 on: Friday, July 2, 2021, 22:52:47 »

A magnet for shysters this club never changes

Ignore
« Reply #2596 on: Saturday, July 3, 2021, 06:13:59 »

I think that football generally has more than its fair share of shysters. I keep trying to understand why my passion for the game, and for STFC, will not die, when there is so much corruption and greed at the level of ownership. Why is it apparently so rare to come across an owner like Leicester's?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #2597 on: Saturday, July 3, 2021, 06:17:37 »

It dosen't have to even be a premiership club just look around how teams like Walsall, Accrington. Lincoln etc are stable and there are many other similarities 

So, give no fucks
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #2598 on: Saturday, July 3, 2021, 06:32:02 »

The formality of a share transfer just needs a couple of signatures doesn’t it?? Is the hold up that power has gone awol and can’t sign? Can the company secretary act on his behalf and push it through?

His legal team can I think, a bit like Power of attorney.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #2599 on: Saturday, July 3, 2021, 06:38:28 »

Seems like Power is just doing everything he can to ensure we start next season out of the football league. His true colours are out there for everyone to see and he feels like he has nothing to lose so wants to drive the club to it's lowest possible ebb before he finally clears off.

Pretty gross from a former professional footballer.

I might be wrong but that's how im seeing it as someone with no connections inside the club. Utter scumbag.

Sadly you are spot on.
Take a step back, this is all about a fall out from a few people that were in this project together.
A simple project with one aim to make money. Nothing more than that.
No interest in STFC, its history, heritage, its Supporters or its employees.

Sadly it’s the Supporters who suffer the consequences as the rats ultimately desert the sinking ship.

Can only just hope now that the regulating bodies get hold of this now before we are the next Bury.
Probably our biggest 2 weeks ahead in our history and all we can do is sit around and wait.
Just not what Supporters do.

When all this shit settles some darker sides to all this will emerge.
It’s simply been allowed to happen but who really cares for a lower league club?
Just it’s Supporters.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #2600 on: Saturday, July 3, 2021, 06:47:47 »

Not after any of the legal stuff just a little reassurance to the fans that things are still happening behind the scenes

J, the trust have put out that info. Just need to chill and ignore the background noise.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #2601 on: Saturday, July 3, 2021, 07:00:51 »

J, the trust have put out that info. Just need to chill and ignore the background noise.

Let’s hope this gets put to bed early next week and we can start to prepare for next season.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #2602 on: Saturday, July 3, 2021, 07:17:21 »

I detest this vampiric mode of ‘business’ where a victim is identified, acquired and then manipulated before being feasted on until it’s on the verge of death and discarded. It’s all for the benefit of the individual who has no ultimate regard for the overarching purpose of the victim they’re destroying. People like this should be nowhere near institutions that were established for the benefit of local communities or wider society.
chalkies shorts

Ignore
« Reply #2603 on: Saturday, July 3, 2021, 07:41:28 »

Sadly you are spot on.
Take a step back, this is all about a fall out from a few people that were in this project together.
A simple project with one aim to make money. Nothing more than that.
No interest in STFC, its history, heritage, its Supporters or its employees.

Sadly it’s the Supporters who suffer the consequences as the rats ultimately desert the sinking ship.

Can only just hope now that the regulating bodies get hold of this now before we are the next Bury.
Probably our biggest 2 weeks ahead in our history and all we can do is sit around and wait.
Just not what Supporters do.

When all this shit settles some darker sides to all this will emerge.
It’s simply been allowed to happen but who really cares for a lower league club?
Just it’s Supporters.
But presumably Clem bought into this money making model and would have been aware of power. Probably not the degree but the direction.
He had been hanging around the club before he out up his money
So what makes him different.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #2604 on: Saturday, July 3, 2021, 07:42:51 »

Let’s hope this gets put to bed early next week and we can start to prepare for next season.

In my own mind I feel Clem wants this as badly as Standing does for both similar & different reasons. It will happen.

Power needs a result too for as I see primarily two reasons 1) to hang onto as much money as he can, 2) bury as much undesirable stuff as he can get away with. Let us give him a bit of slack, not to much mind. Any business in this situation has owners clutching at straws and grabbing any flotsam and jetsam as the ship goes down so it’s not unusual. Also don’t dismiss outside interest in the end result from certain government agencies and potentially disgruntled and possibly unsatisfied creditors official and unofficial. Remember that the issue of shares to Clem for the money that he gave Power were subject to a difference of opinion and were ‘agreed to’ in a way to save a tax liability if I’m not mistaken.

There is a lot at stake here. Equally both sets of legal teams will have an arsenal of associates helping them unpick this mess forensically with or without hard evidence, for example, getting tapes of all LP’s interviews and listening for clues about alleged expenditure and investments v known and suspected revenue inputs v estimated ST sales and suchlike, they’ve seen these shenanigans many times and have an understanding of the motives of the individuals involved and the avenues they choose to use to shall we say circumvent the norms of legitimate business activity to within a fag papers width either way of being illegitimate. Again, they’ve seen it before. Past business ventures and bankruptcies will also be looked at for patterns. The info is there, you just need to know where to look. Clems team have the measure of their adversaries and sure as eggs are eggs and a swan on a fast river paddling effortlessly things are going on under the surface. At the end of all this LP will do what he has to get the best result he can for himself not matter how unpalatable or unsavoury that may seem to the fan base and Clems team will do the same to get a positive result for Clem. All of this is nothing new in the world of business.

At the end of the day an agreement will be reached to the satisfaction of each legal team though not necessarily their clients and will be based on known Facts, unlike all the ‘facts’ on the internet media outlets or social media which is awash with some very unsavoury characters looking to get a kick, a rise or are PAID to spread disinformation.
« Last Edit: Saturday, July 3, 2021, 07:46:21 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #2605 on: Saturday, July 3, 2021, 07:49:45 »

In my own mind I feel Clem wants this as badly as Standing does for both similar & different reasons. It will happen.

Power needs a result too for as I see primarily two reasons 1) to hang onto as much money as he can, 2) bury as much undesirable stuff as he can get away with. Let us give him a bit of slack, not to much mind. Any business in this situation has owners clutching at straws and grabbing any flotsam and jetsam as the ship goes down so it’s not unusual. Also don’t dismiss outside interest in the end result from certain government agencies and potentially disgruntled and possibly unsatisfied creditors official and unofficial. Remember that the issue of shares to Clem for the money that he gave Power were subject to a difference of opinion and were ‘agreed to’ in a way to save a tax liability if I’m not mistaken.

There is a lot at stake here. Equally both sets of legal teams will have an arsenal of associates helping them unpick this mess forensically with or without hard evidence, for example, getting tapes of all LP’s interviews and listening for clues about alleged expenditure and investments v known and suspected revenue inputs v estimated ST sales and suchlike, they’ve seen these shenanigans many times and have an understanding of the motives of the individuals involved and the avenues they choose to use to shall we say circumvent the norms of legitimate business activity to within a fag papers width either way of being illegitimate. Again, they’ve seen it before. Past business ventures and bankruptcies will also be looked at for patterns. The info is there, you just need to know where to look. Clems team have the measure of their adversaries and sure as eggs are eggs and a swan on a fast river paddling effortlessly things are going on under the surface. At the end of all this LP will do what he has to get the best result he can for himself not matter how unpalatable or unsavoury that may seem to the fan base and Clems team will do the same to get a positive result for Clem. All of this is nothing new in the world of business.

At the end of the day an agreement will be reached to the satisfaction of each legal team though not necessarily their clients and will be based on known Facts, unlike all the ‘facts’ on the internet media outlets or social media which is awash with some very unsavoury characters looking to get a kick, a rise or are PAID to spread disinformation.
I have similar thoughts - but I would insert a few more 'probably' and 'possibly' caveats.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #2606 on: Saturday, July 3, 2021, 07:53:01 »

Just read on Twitter that the Melksham friendly (this Friday) is still going ahead as the Swindon secretary has confirmed it….
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #2607 on: Saturday, July 3, 2021, 07:55:35 »

I think that it would be a good idea to take some deep breaths and take some time away from guessing what may or may not be happening behind the scenes.

Nothing to see here
Moss

Ignore
« Reply #2608 on: Saturday, July 3, 2021, 08:16:23 »

It’s really difficult to not log on every hour or two for updates. I’m going to try and fill my time with other things for the next week or two. Look after yourselves everyone. Let’s hope England can provide a positive distraction for a while!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #2609 on: Saturday, July 3, 2021, 08:25:27 »

Yes.

Are you hinting that this is happening? Specifically, the court case that is/was due to pass judgement on whether or not Power should be ordered to transfer the shares?

I know Horlock and I have not missed this.

Sorry no hinting or anything like that. Just trying to ascertain what the current situation is, and trying to block out all of the other 'noise' from twitter etc.

I'm remaining calm that the situation can still be resolved. Let the legals do their thing. Hopefully by next week the transfer of shares is confirmed and Clem and team can begin their long and arduous process of getting us somewhere approaching ready for the new season.

Scunthorpe at 23/10 look excellent value for an opening day win by the way.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 173 [174] 175 176 177 ... 263   Go Up
Print
Jump to: