Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Stockpot v STFC matchday thread  (Read 11711 times)
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Saturday, February 24, 2024, 20:31:59 »

It is telling that we are talking about a guy with a win rate of 1 in 6 getting the job full time.

Whole club is amateurish top to bottom.

Our only hope is a sale or I think it is National league within a couple of years sadly- worse is our fans will only wake up when it’s too late
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Saturday, February 24, 2024, 20:44:27 »

Can't disagree with any of that...
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Saturday, February 24, 2024, 21:54:39 »

…all of which still has nothing to do with who you’d like to see as manager next season.

Why does it matter who takes over? We could have Klopp at the helm but if he doesn’t get the support of the owner he’d fail just like the rest of them have.

We had a good model with Garner and Chorley, almost got promoted and Clem decided that was not the right way to proceed. Why? We’ll probably never know for sure.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Saturday, February 24, 2024, 21:57:12 »

Quite like Mark Bonner I think, doesn't feel too unlikely, experience getting out of the division, currently unemployed. Someone of that sort of profile. But as we said when Flynn left, it's not just - or even primarily - about the manager at the moment.

This
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Saturday, February 24, 2024, 21:57:48 »

It is telling that we are talking about a guy with a win rate of 1 in 6 getting the job full time.

Whole club is amateurish top to bottom.

Our only hope is a sale or I think it is National league within a couple of years sadly- worse is our fans will only wake up when it’s too late

The fact a lot of them are still asleep shows you how bad it is. I look forward to posts reminding me people aren't stupid they just have a differing view and that they're entitled to it, blah blah blah, bullshit bullshit bullshit.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Saturday, February 24, 2024, 22:43:03 »

The fact a lot of them are still asleep shows you how bad it is. I look forward to posts reminding me people aren't stupid they just have a differing view and that they're entitled to it, blah blah blah, bullshit bullshit bullshit.

Ah, so no one is allowed a different view to you?

Do I think he should get the job full time, not at the moment (and I can't see it improving either) but I see zero point in getting some one else in until after this season is done.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Saturday, February 24, 2024, 22:44:09 »

Its tiring.

I didn't even check the score until it was over today. I only check this site hoping to hear some shred of rumour of new owners or something to cling to. I'm truly done.

Yet you post non stop... yep that tells me you are 'truly done'
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Saturday, February 24, 2024, 23:10:51 »

Ah, so no one is allowed a different view to you?

Like clockwork.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Saturday, February 24, 2024, 23:11:05 »

Yet you post non stop... yep that tells me you are 'truly done'

Getting to page 16 until the first post is posting non stop, is it?

Interesting take.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Saturday, February 24, 2024, 23:28:48 »

Getting to page 16 until the first post is posting non stop, is it?

Interesting take.

5 posts today (before your responses) says you are 'done'
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Sunday, February 25, 2024, 08:00:35 »

Why does it matter who takes over? We could have Klopp at the helm but if he doesn’t get the support of the owner he’d fail just like the rest of them have.

We had a good model with Garner and Chorley, almost got promoted and Clem decided that was not the right way to proceed. Why? We’ll probably never know for sure.

….because I wondered who people might want to take over.
So I asked.
Not rocket science is it?
Steak supper

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Sunday, February 25, 2024, 08:31:32 »

But surely, have we now become conditioned to be pleased to see STFC draw 0-0 to a fourth division side and only have 30 % of the ball.

We are also a 4 th division side and have been for a few years now . that is the reality of our situation
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #252 on: Sunday, February 25, 2024, 11:25:44 »

Quite like Mark Bonner I think, doesn't feel too unlikely, experience getting out of the division, currently unemployed. Someone of that sort of profile. But as we said when Flynn left, it's not just - or even primarily - about the manager at the moment.
I have heard his name linked a few times by people who know Jamie Russell, its blatant that Gunning is out of his depth tactically and is merely a stop gap until the end of the season.

For me Gunning has all the charm of a wet lettuce and the tactical guile of Blackadder.

We need someone with a bit of a track record in L1/L2 and who will engage with fans rather than just belittle them and complain about things.

Obviously whoever it is will have their hands tied by those from above so he MUST be a good tactitian and able to the best out a rag tag band of modestly talented but mostly ambivalent and often lazy players who themselves seem to lack leadership on the pitch possibly due to the lack of experience in the side.

Do I think Mark Bonner is that?

TBH I know little of him or his style but he worked wonders in a couple of seasons at overperforming Cambridge United.

But, then again, so did Flynn at Newport before joing when he was hamstrung by an unwilling owner to get the players in that he needed and wanted.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Sunday, February 25, 2024, 12:09:36 »

Quote from: Steak supper
We are also a 4 th division side and have been for a few years now . that is the reality of our situation

we are where we deserved to be. Reap what you sow.

But they doesn't mean you can't demand better. Acceptable just adds to mediocrity
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Sunday, February 25, 2024, 13:18:18 »

The last couple of pages is a microism of the fans at the moment and illistrates perfectly where we are as a fanbase.  Very much like the world as a whole at the moment.there is still a significant split of opinion with polar opposite views and very little inbetween and that turns into infighting between ourselves, it's going to take a significant event to bring us together and unfortunately that event is likely to be relegation to the NL, which will mean it will all be too late by then.

The summer break is going to even more aggy than usual on here..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: