Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Frank Nouble to sign  (Read 17819 times)
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Monday, March 22, 2010, 18:51:42 »

Looks very quick and will cause defenders headaches. Just needs to work on his first touch.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Monday, March 22, 2010, 18:59:14 »

Looking forward to seeing him saturday, can imagine Hartlepool will be a bit of a culture shock for him. Recaro seats? He'll be lucky to get a deck chair.
STFCere

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Monday, March 22, 2010, 21:56:01 »

Looking forward to seeing him saturday, can imagine Hartlepool will be a bit of a culture shock for him. Recaro seats? He'll be lucky to get a deck chair.

looked like he lacked match practice against norwich, but has potential i think

ing on Sabin: "He's the new Thierry Henry"

Gazza on life in China: "I'm enjoying every day. I've tried everything: duck's head, chicken's head, chicken's feet and bats and hopefully, if I keep that up, I'll be flying."

'The first 90 minutes are the most important.' - Bobby Robson
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Monday, March 22, 2010, 22:00:03 »

I think it's hard to judge him on his performance on Saturday, since he came in against arguably the best defence in the league. They marked Charlie out of the game and it took us 300 minutes of play to score against them this season! Get him in the game against Hartlepool, rinngin at defenders, and hopefully he'll show us what he can do. If I wasn't busy on Saturday, I'd be looking forward to seeing Jeff fall to pieces all afternoon Smiley
Old Duffer

« Reply #64 on: Sunday, March 28, 2010, 10:35:28 »

Nouble was a lazy, work-shy, disinterested disgrace yesterday.  It's as if he thinks he's too good for us and it's okay for him to stroll around while the rest of the team is working their bollocks off.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Sunday, March 28, 2010, 10:40:39 »

Nouble was a lazy, work-shy, disinterested disgrace yesterday.  It's as if he thinks he's too good for us and it's okay for him to stroll around while the rest of the team is working their bollocks off.

Paynters getting fit again. Nice to have a pacey option but I can't see Nouble being a starter.
Spencer_White

« Reply #66 on: Sunday, March 28, 2010, 11:21:14 »

He certainly was the most lazy Town player on the pitch yesterday, disgrace is going a bit far. To be fair to him he did at least try to get himself in the game as it went on.

Like I said on the matchday thread, Austin just looked a different class. Not just for the workrate, but everything else as well.

Our standards are very high this season. Loan players can either apply themselves with our work ethic (like Danny Ward, Simon Ferry and Alan Sheehan have) or they can fall by the wayside like all the other loan players this season. I think a lot of those players who look lazy have actually been affraid that if they do try their best they still wont be as good as our own players.

Very glad to see Paynter back yesterday. Although dont write Nouble off too soon, he could have a part to play off the bench with his pace. But he must be looking for chances, work hard and keep the ball.
« Last Edit: Sunday, March 28, 2010, 18:35:38 by Spencer_White » Logged
Lumps

« Reply #67 on: Sunday, March 28, 2010, 11:28:57 »

I've got a feeling that a lot of the young prem players we've had on loan have arrived expecting to be as class above what we've got, and thinking that they'll be able to stroll about relying on talent rather than sweat.

A few of them have had a bit of a shock. Some have knuckled down and put in the work needed, others have hung about in the reserves and sloped off home. Franks gong to have to deceide which category he wants to be in.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Sunday, March 28, 2010, 11:33:19 »

I thought Nouble was out fought by the two central defenders yesterday, but they were built like doormen. Second half he picked up his game and got mor involved in some nice hold up play. Paynter looked strong when he came on and immediately starting making the 2 centre halfs life a lot harder.
Spencer_White

« Reply #69 on: Sunday, March 28, 2010, 11:34:45 »

I've got a feeling that a lot of the young prem players we've had on loan have arrived expecting to be as class above what we've got, and thinking that they'll be able to stroll about relying on talent rather than sweat.

A few of them have had a bit of a shock.

Spot on. Makes me so proud of how tough our players have made it to get into the Swindon XI.
Old Duffer

« Reply #70 on: Sunday, March 28, 2010, 13:45:50 »

He certainly was the most lazy Town player on the pitch yesterday, disgrace is going a bit far.

Yeah okay I'll have that. But if he doesn't up his work rate and attitude pretty damned fast I can't see him getting many more starts.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #71 on: Sunday, March 28, 2010, 14:38:19 »

Paynter and Austin should start against Leeds anyway.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Sunday, March 28, 2010, 14:43:16 »

Yeah okay I'll have that. But if he doesn't up his work rate and attitude pretty damned fast I can't see him getting many more starts.
Even if he does up his work rate I don't think he will start, Austin-Paynter is surely the first choice partnership so he will have to make do with a role off the bench.
studs

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Sunday, March 28, 2010, 14:46:51 »

I think we will see nouble at his best against leeds, and he will score!
Lumps

« Reply #74 on: Sunday, March 28, 2010, 14:51:02 »

I think he might be good from the bench. Let the Lids CH's get used to scrapping with Billy and Charlie, then in the last 15 when they're knackered get someone lightening quick to run at them.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: