Pages: 1 ... 334 335 336 [337] 338 339 340 ... 867   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1277859 times)
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #5040 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 07:45:44 »

So... who is our actual owner? Clem or Standing or someone else?

Clem 80%, couple of birds with surnames similar of his mate Chris Kiely and his lawyer 20%.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #5041 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 07:49:44 »

Anybody recognise themselves😁

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/23728149.swindon-town-fans-forum-summer-2023-happened/

« Last Edit: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 07:58:10 by Jimmy StoppedMoaning » Logged

So, give no fucks
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #5042 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 07:50:23 »

Time to give Able a bell
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #5043 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 08:03:51 »

I’m no expert but isn’t it possible the shares was just in lieu of payment or something like that. I don’t think Rob should resign, that would be ridiculous. Do people want the club to blow up or something? Let’s wait and see what is said.

I hardly think if Rob Angus was to resign the club would 'blow up'. He now appears to be somewhere between a puppet and some kind of pious being amongst our fan base. It's pretty staggering, but sadly not altogether surprising that we are having this conversation 24 hours after a superb away win. Like many others i'm no expert on the 'share transfer issue' but my thoughts on the whole scenario are, like others clouded in mystery.

* The fans forum - This was postponed to allow Clem to participate initially. But then announced that Clem wasn't going to take part. Given what's happened during his tenure surely the least he can do is put aside 1/2/3 hours of his time, even if it has to be via a video feed. I appreciate he's a busy man running a global business and owning a football club, but if he and his team want fans to go out and add to the 5k season tickets to bring in (what seems to be) much needed income, then the least he can do is put his head above the parapet on a once a year fans forum?

* The share issue - as stated like many ofther fans, I don't know the ins and outs of this, but it was only about a month ago that the Axis liquidation appeared online and quickly spread like wildfire. The Trust, Clem and the club quickly put out a statement explaining the situation and this was put to bed. The fans seemed to react positively to this, it was good that we could hear from Clem and it appeared to smooth over any doubts. Given that episode, surely someone at the club knew that this share transfer was going to come out into the public (the legal team at the club had to have known the timeline as well) before the fans forum and it was likely to blow up. They must have had time to come up with something even passing off as remotely believable. To come out and say it was done accidentally is pure 'dog ate my homework' stuff. If they needed time to put something credible out, why not say that this is an internal matter and a statement clarifying the position will be made within the next few days and we won't be answering any questions about it. I get there would still have been scorn had this been done but to come out and say it was done by accident? Just makes everyone look very very stupid and highly untrustworthy.

* open and honest mantra - This is surely kaput now sadly. Clem taking over gave the club a chance to bring in the massive fuck off proverbial sweeping brush and make a fresh start. The fact is, there are just too many hangers on from the previous ownership for that to happen. The pulling pints in a bucket hat and driving a van around the town is great PR, but when you dig beneath the surface, pushing aside the delicious topping, there are things underneath that should not be there and continue to be there, despite the fact people know they shouldn't be there. People trusted Clem, he's likeable, he appears to love the club. Is that just a cover? I dunno, but the honeymoon looks to be well and truly over.
« Last Edit: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 08:06:02 by Bob's Orange » Logged

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #5044 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 08:06:18 »

Perhaps the title of this thread needs updating  Roll Eyes
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #5045 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 08:06:46 »

Anyone got a ouija board, maybe Bill Power can come in.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #5046 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 08:07:15 »

Nice to see Dele Alli (back left)

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #5047 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 08:08:22 »

How about that?

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #5048 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 08:13:12 »

Full of hope - let down

So, give no fucks
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #5049 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 08:17:50 »

They must have had time to come up with something even passing off as remotely believable. To come out and say it was done accidentally is pure 'dog ate my homework' stuff. If they needed time to put something credible out, why not say that this is an internal matter and a statement clarifying the position will be made within the next few days and we won't be answering any questions about it.

I think the timing of the fans forum has done us all a favour here. They probably rushed to answer as they had to and now we realise they are undoubtedly lying to us.

Had they come up with something semi credible most would believe it as confirmation bias of what they want to believe even if a lot of people could tell it reads like your leg being pissed down and being told its raining.
Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« Reply #5050 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 08:18:16 »

How about that?

Could go with “New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks”
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #5051 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 08:20:39 »

Done.

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #5052 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 08:21:09 »

Clap Clap

So, give no fucks
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #5053 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 08:24:03 »

I think the timing of the fans forum has done us all a favour here. They probably rushed to answer as they had to and now we realise they are undoubtedly lying to us.

Had they come up with something semi credible most would believe it as confirmation bias of what they want to believe even if a lot of people could tell it reads like your leg being pissed down and being told its raining.

I mean absolutely. A lot of the time it's conspiracy corner in social media land so whatever they said would be twisted to suit agendas. Even the god's honest truth would be difficult to believe, so in some ways they are between a rock and a hard place.

A lie is a lie is a lie at the end of the day. But the've picked possibly the worst one?

ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #5054 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 08:24:20 »

Girl Giggle
Pages: 1 ... 334 335 336 [337] 338 339 340 ... 867   Go Up
Print
Jump to: