Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Winding Up Order  (Read 2433 times)
Dazzza

« on: Saturday, October 8, 2005, 21:41:50 »

From the Trust Site heads up to AH for typing the thing out)

Swindon Advertiser

Don't get the wind up, Town fans told

Saturday, 8th October 2005

FANS of Swindon Town have been hit by another blow after discovering the club has been made subject to a winding up petition.

But new deputy chairman Mark Devlin has reassured fans there is nothing to worry about.

The petition appeared in the London Gazette on Thursday.

It is similar to the situation the club found itself in back in January when HM Customs and Excise ordered the club to pay a six-figure sum following an overdue VAT payment.

If they fail to pay, they will have to face the consequences.

Mark Devlin, the deputy chairman said the club had been as surprised to see the advertisment as everyone else.

"We have until 18th October to pay the money and it is all in place so it was a shock to find the wind up position advertised.

"The money is not due for another 11 days and is on place. It was definitley a surprise to hear they were appealing for people to come forward."

He added: "We had an agreement with the Government agency that thought we were adhering to that agreement.

"As far as we understand it everything is fine and dandy."

The team are currently bottom of League One having lost the last seven games in a row.

Fans hope the new loud and proud campaign will help raise spirits at today's match at home to Port Vale.

Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, October 8, 2005, 21:44:34 »

I saw that Dazzza.

Seems strange to me. The club are saying it's all ok etc and will be paid, why are the department (or whoever issued this) doing a winding up order then.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, October 8, 2005, 21:47:03 »

Ive had a look on the London Gazzette web site and can only find the one from January (with about 4 others from before that).be interesting to see whos served it.

/
W56196272
unclemark

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, October 8, 2005, 21:47:04 »

Devlin is trying to not get everyone panicking.  I know that SSW recently took out a large emergency loan for unknown purposes.
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, October 8, 2005, 21:51:00 »

Quote from: "Yeovil Red"
Ive had a look on the London Gazzette web site and can only find the one from January (with about 4 others from before that).be interesting to see whos served it.

I had a look at that site as well Yeovil.

To get the latest info you have to go onto the winding up etc section, and you have to subscribe to that which they charge for. :evil:
Dazzza

« Reply #5 on: Saturday, October 8, 2005, 21:52:20 »

http://www.gazettes-online.co.uk/searchResultsView.asp?webType=0&searchString=swindon+town&selDateFromDay=0&selDateFromMonth=0&selDateFromYear=0&selDateToDay=0&selDateToMonth=0&selDateToYear=0&searchIn=Notice&PageNumber=1

Can't find the current one but may not be online yet here is the petition from January....

Publication Date: Wednesday, 19 January 2005

Notice Code: 2450

In the High Court of Justice (Chancery Division)
Companies Court.  No 7705 of 2004

In the Matter of SWINDON TOWN FOOTBALL COMPANY
LIMITED
and in the Matter of the Insolvency Act 1986

A Petition to wind up the above-named Company of 37 London Road, Newbury, Berkshire RG14 1JL (Registered No 00053100), presented on 4 December 2004 by Her Majesty’s Commissioners of Customs and Excise, Civil Recovery Unit, 3rd Floor NW, Queens Dock, Liverpool L74 4BJ, claiming to be a Creditor of the Company, will be heard at the Royal Courts of Justice, Strand, London WC2A 2LL, on Wednesday 2 February 2005, at 1030 hours (or as soon thereafter as the Petition can be heard).
Any person intending to appear on the hearing of the Petition (whether to support or oppose it) must give notice of intention to do so to the Petitioner or its Solicitor in accordance with Rule 4.16 by 1600 hours on Tuesday 1 February 2005.

The Petitioner’s Solicitor is Nicholas Graham Gordon, Howes Percival Solicitors, The Guildyard, 51 Colegate, Norwich NR3 1DD (01603 762103).

14 January 2005.

Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, October 8, 2005, 21:55:22 »

Nice to see our registered address is Newbury!

I take it that's all to do with Dunwoody Sports Marketing being based there?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, October 8, 2005, 22:09:38 »

If its all going to be paid, then why the winding up order?!

Oh well, I expect Fallon to be flogged now in Jan...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, October 8, 2005, 22:12:35 »

Makes a complete mockery of the statements made by Gray and Devlin regarding the financial state of the company on Wednesday and their repeated promises to start a "new era of transparency". Just like the December AGM at which the board "forgot" to mention the small matter of a winding up order to the shareholders. Same old shit, different day. Anyone else feel they're being treated like a mushroom?
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, October 8, 2005, 22:14:29 »

Well the clubs comments make it sound like they are just as suprised as we are,which wouldnt suprise me tbh

/
W56196272
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, October 8, 2005, 22:17:13 »

Quote from: "pauld"
Makes a complete mockery of the statements made by Gray and Devlin regarding the financial state of the company on Wednesday and their repeated promises to start a "new era of transparency". Just like the December AGM at which the board "forgot" to mention the small matter of a winding up order to the shareholders. Same old shit, different day. Anyone else feel they're being treated like a mushroom?

I wouldnt have used the word mushroom....but I agree

Saying that Devlin did say we wouldnt go into admin for another 5 years Wink
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, October 8, 2005, 22:27:38 »

Well the clubs comments make it sound like they are just as suprised as we are,which wouldnt suprise me tbh

I think you'll find Yeovil that what they're surprised about is that the creditors published the winding up order in the Gazette, despite the club pleading with them not to if the experience of Xmas is anything to go by. The order itself would have been served on the club well in advance of it being published in the Gazette - ie well before Wednesday, which was my point.
Dazzza

« Reply #12 on: Saturday, October 8, 2005, 22:28:57 »

Quote from: "Bedford Red"
Nice to see our registered address is Newbury!

I take it that's all to do with Dunwoody Sports Marketing being based there?

Pretty sure it is the same address Dunwoody are registered at although not sure without double checking.

I'm sure it's the lawers address rather than the companies.

yeo

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, October 8, 2005, 22:33:26 »

I think you'll find Yeovil that what they're surprised about is that the creditors published the winding up order in the Gazette, despite the club pleading with them not to if the experience of Xmas is anything to go by. The order itself would have been served on the club well in advance of it being published in the Gazette - ie well before Wednesday, which was my point.

I see

why do I have to scroll sideways on your posts but not any others Shocked

/
W56196272
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, October 9, 2005, 16:45:02 »

I see

why do I have to scroll sideways on your posts but not any others Shocked

Dazzza stretched the paged with the link.

Pauld is the only one who writes sentences that are long!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: