Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: FIFA Corruption  (Read 25880 times)
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Thursday, December 2, 2010, 20:29:05 »

2022 voting breakdown :

First round: Australia 1, Japan 3, USA 3, South Korea 4, Qatar 11 (Australia eliminated)

Second round: Japan 2 votes, Korea Republic 5 votes, Qatar 10 votes and USA 5 votes (Japan eliminated)

Third round: Korea Republic 5 votes, Qatar 11 votes, USA 6 votes (Korea Republic eliminated)

Fourth round: Qatar 14 votes and USA 8 votes (Qatar obtained an absolute majority)

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Thursday, December 2, 2010, 20:45:55 »

Am I the only person that thinks the right result was achieved in the end? Russia and Qatar have never had the WC and both have the resources to do everything they need to do for a successful WC. With the exception of Australia every other country has hosted the WC before, some of them very recently. It would have been a joke if Spain / Portugal, USA or Japan had won.

The big issue is whether they will get everything ready in time. They really should have firm deadlines for work to be completed and if it isn't they should take it off them and give it to a standby country that could host at short notice such as us and the USA.

I'm waiting to see what our media does next. Will they continue their FIFA corruption crusade? Or will they give up on it now the voting is over. They will make themselves look like cunts if they suddenly fall silent.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #137 on: Thursday, December 2, 2010, 20:52:05 »

I've read a good few books on Russian/Soviet football and it's fascinating and they already have a rich football history. Why some media outlets are describing Russia as a 3rd world football nation I do not know.

We have isolated ourselves from the World game... Perhaps the F.A. should reject entry to the World Cup like we did in the good ol' days. How dare they champion OUR sport Smiley
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Thursday, December 2, 2010, 22:44:25 »

Somehow FIFA needs to be brought down but god knows how they have been getting away with it for too many years an nobody has bothered yet

Assassinating Sepp Blatter would be a start! 
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Thursday, December 2, 2010, 23:30:30 »

Am I the only person that thinks the right result was achieved in the end? Russia and Qatar have never had the WC and both have the resources to do everything they need to do for a successful WC. With the exception of Australia every other country has hosted the WC before, some of them very recently. It would have been a joke if Spain / Portugal, USA or Japan had won.

The big issue is whether they will get everything ready in time. They really should have firm deadlines for work to be completed and if it isn't they should take it off them and give it to a standby country that could host at short notice such as us and the USA.

I'm waiting to see what our media does next. Will they continue their FIFA corruption crusade? Or will they give up on it now the voting is over. They will make themselves look like cunts if they suddenly fall silent.

Personally Russia has too much to do with all the work they need to do. I have said previously that Russia should host a European Championships before hosting a WC. That way at least they'll have a number of stadia plus the infrastructure to go with it, and people can judge them on how they've done.

Also the country is being run by the Mafia, and they haven't sorted out the racism in the country, so I wonder how many African/Asian teams are looking forward to going out there.

I hope the press goes for FIFA and continue their investigation into them. If they can find the evidence to bring down Blatter and co. they might change FIFA for the better.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Friday, December 3, 2010, 08:39:14 »

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-headlines/england-2026-bid-to-be-based-on-bribes-and-poison-201012023312/

the final word Smiley
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Friday, December 3, 2010, 09:30:17 »

I think we will now see the english written and spoken media step up their campaign against Fifa, we know that the English press are good at investigating, I think fifa can expect a whole host of trouble over the coming weeks and months and I'm not sure if the press will stop until they get what they want - change in fifa - hopefully
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Friday, December 3, 2010, 10:01:12 »

In order to attempt to secure the vote of Jack Warner, did we not set up numerous football schools out in Trinidad?  Lets withdraw funding here for a start.

Also I believe there is now no need for this friendly that is planned in Thailand as even he didnt vote for us!

Like many I have no real issue with Russia hosting 2018.  Qatar is a whole other matter!  The FIFA technical bid document clearly outlined the potential health risks to players, supporters and FIFA delegates!  People will say the money Qatar has to offer will mean all will be ok but the risks are huge!  Just imagine if something should happen to a player/fan during the tournament.

On England, Nearly £500m has been spent on a bid we were never going to win a million years! Alot will blame the Press and Beeb, however I dont think anything hugely surprising has come out.  The Panarama show was pretty poor really. 

I do hope now the British media go for Blatter, Warner and all the FIFA cronies!  Reform is essential!  Like has been mentioned look at the IOC.  There are well over 100 voters in the Olympic bidding process and I believe the voters are not allowed to have secret meetings with bid teams for a start.

The sad thing is it appears that Sepp Blatter is about to about to win another election unapposed.

I'll be 50 by 2030 and it isnt going to come here for a long long while!
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Friday, December 3, 2010, 10:08:36 »

Blatters on the way out. Aids apparently
Spencer_White

« Reply #144 on: Friday, December 3, 2010, 10:59:05 »

Qatar is a complete joke.

San Marino have never had the world cup either johnny.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #145 on: Friday, December 3, 2010, 11:03:28 »

Football is dominated by money and this just brings that fact home
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Friday, December 3, 2010, 11:03:57 »

Qatar is a complete joke.

Fully agree. They have ONE football stadium, and the only Olympic medals they have ever won are by Africans they have paid to become Qatari.

Get ready for a Qatari team full of Brazilians for 2022.

BAZINGA !!

flammableBen

« Reply #147 on: Friday, December 3, 2010, 11:04:47 »

I'll be nearly 40 by 2022, fuck worrying  about shit that far in the future.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Friday, December 3, 2010, 11:06:22 »

SSN are saying a FIFA ExCo member told the England 2018 team that they have been humiliated due to the British media. They apparently said that they might still not have won, even then.

Time to go for the FIFA juggular.

BAZINGA !!

flammableBen

« Reply #149 on: Friday, December 3, 2010, 11:17:12 »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1335107/WORLD-CUP-2018-Un-English-video-screened-FIFA-delegates.html
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: