Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Southampton  (Read 23278 times)
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2009, 11:52:39 »

in the brown stuff... no buyer found and the deadline has passed...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/southampton/8055407.stm

I like Sloppydraws comment on the 606 snippet.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2009, 11:53:22 »

Any advance on 4? Smiley

Hardship is till there. Apparently they were passing buckets round at their last home game to try and raise some money to pay the wages. That is just plain sad.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #122 on: Thursday, May 28, 2009, 13:41:52 »

No pay for May.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/southampton/8072132.stm
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Thursday, May 28, 2009, 14:42:14 »

Must be bad if one poster is suggestting they merge/ groundshare/ with Pompey.

From the Dark Side
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Thursday, May 28, 2009, 18:43:47 »

Well, that pretty much shows their story about not being linked companies to be utter cod shit.  Why would a stadium company have any bearing on a football teams players being paid?
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Thursday, May 28, 2009, 22:36:08 »

Well, that pretty much shows their story about not being linked companies to be utter cod shit.  Why would a stadium company have any bearing on a football teams players being paid?

Did they ever claim they weren't linked? I don't remember them actually having said that. Their argument was always that the legal structure they used meant the club itself wasn't in administration and that the league rules specifically state its when the club itself goes in to administration that the points penalty comes in to play.

They thought they were being clever, everyone else thought they were morons - fortunately this included the football league who didn't let them get away with it. I still think they should get an extra penalty for deliberately structuring their company for this specific scenario, which one of their ex-chairman admitted to in an interview.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Friday, May 29, 2009, 07:13:53 »

They still have potential buyers. They aren't at deaths door yet.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Friday, May 29, 2009, 08:00:09 »

Bad times for Saints, what with Pompey being bought by some loaded Sheikh, kind of rubbing salt into the wounds.

Salt and Sheikh if you like.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Friday, May 29, 2009, 08:21:41 »

Bad times for Saints, what with Pompey being bought by some loaded Sheikh, kind of rubbing salt into the wounds.

Good Work sir.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Friday, May 29, 2009, 08:51:41 »

They didn't claim there wasn't a link, clearly they were going after the view it was a group of associated companies.  My point was that they spent a fair bit of time bleating in the media that the Holding Co and the football club were very seperate entities and the Holding Co going into Admin did not effect the football club (hence why they argued against a points deduction).  It's pretty clear the football club and Holding Co were one and the same if they can't pay wages.
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Friday, May 29, 2009, 09:12:10 »

Thats a Diamandis scum type scam. He hasn't surfaced on the south coast has he !?

From the Dark Side
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Friday, May 29, 2009, 09:30:28 »

Thats a Diamandis scum type scam. He hasn't surfaced on the south coast has he !?

Good if he did.

Washed up in the channel.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Friday, May 29, 2009, 09:43:23 »

Unless Soton get their act together, it'll be Sheikh and Vac...
Spencer_White

« Reply #133 on: Friday, May 29, 2009, 13:13:11 »

To me this looks like the gravest situation any club has been in for quite some years.

Even when we were at deaths door, the sums were usually small enough to mean that someone could plug the holes.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Friday, May 29, 2009, 14:24:46 »

To me this looks like the gravest situation any club has been in for quite some years.

Even when we were at deaths door, the sums were usually small enough to mean that someone could plug the holes.

Worst since Wimbledon I reckon, hopefully Wellyn Garden City or any other towns won't be stealing a FL registration this time...
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: