Pages: 1 ... 412 413 414 [415] 416 417 418 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1226141 times)
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #6210 on: Monday, November 9, 2020, 22:13:46 »

Are you lot arguing for the sake of arguing?

Let's hope the vaccines being developed are suitable, safe and available for all. Let's hope that they save lots of lives and let's hope that the enable us to get back to a better normality.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Flashheart

« Reply #6211 on: Monday, November 9, 2020, 22:17:35 »

Are you lot arguing for the sake of arguing?

Let's hope the vaccines being developed are suitable, safe and available for all. Let's hope that they save lots of lives and let's hope that the enable us to get back to a better normality.

Amen!
Hunk

« Reply #6212 on: Tuesday, November 10, 2020, 02:52:35 »

Amen!

I didnt think we were arguing, this is a discussion forum
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #6213 on: Tuesday, November 10, 2020, 06:22:55 »

We can close the thread then

Nothing to see here
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #6214 on: Tuesday, November 10, 2020, 07:37:03 »

Remember Thalidomide.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6215 on: Tuesday, November 10, 2020, 08:13:08 »

Remember Thalidomide.
Which wasn't compulsory
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6216 on: Tuesday, November 10, 2020, 08:14:05 »

Remember Thalidomide.
hopefully medical science and safety is a lot better 60 years on.

Is any vaccine safe for 'everyone'? Even the flu shot can cause adverse effects.

Stats show 941 Vaccine Damage Payment successful claims since 1978 - but I think the mostly under 18s when administered to qualify.

In short, vaccine isn't going to be risk free, and I understand the concerns given the speed it's gone though at.

But how long would it be before any issues are known...
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #6217 on: Tuesday, November 10, 2020, 08:46:03 »

Which wasn't compulsory

No, but deemed safe, and look what happened. Took years to manifest.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6218 on: Tuesday, November 10, 2020, 08:53:32 »

No, but deemed safe, and look what happened. Took years to manifest.
Ah, fair enough. Although tbf I think with Thalidomide it didn't take years to manifest, rather it took years for the manufacturers to accept there was a problem. But I get your point. With a vaccine, there's risks either way - even if a vaccine is declared safe, as you say, may take years and millions of people taking it to really establish that; set against that, do we really want to wait years to re-establish some kind of normality? And in any case we do need those millions of people to take it, almost as a kind of extended initial trial. That's a very good reason why it shouldn't be compulsory, but equally I wonder if along with that choice there might be some kind of trade off. So you are quite free to choose not to take the vaccine, but don't expect to, for example, be going to the theatre or a football match if you don't have a certificate to say you have been vaccinated.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #6219 on: Tuesday, November 10, 2020, 09:00:14 »

That opens the trust in what you are being told can of worms. I'd say your suggestion was sensible, but when do they do sense? As long as there is good news to "save christmas" all is good.  Personally I'll pass on any vaccine for a couple of years at least. I think I can go that long without watching us lose most weeks.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #6220 on: Tuesday, November 10, 2020, 09:08:47 »

Thing is this vaccine is not a new thing, people speak almost as if its emerged overnight with no one having a clue what is in it or what it does. Most medics have been aware of its contents and the methodology for c.9 months during which time it has been debated at length and peer reviewed.

Each to their own and all that, my simple test is to ask my mate who knows what he is talking about having had 20+ years medical experience whether he will be vaccinated and as importantly will his kids be, he says yes, that will do for me.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6221 on: Tuesday, November 10, 2020, 09:37:50 »

That opens the trust in what you are being told can of worms. I'd say your suggestion was sensible, but when do they do sense? As long as there is good news to "save christmas" all is good.  Personally I'll pass on any vaccine for a couple of years at least. I think I can go that long without watching us lose most weeks.
TBH I'm not wildly comfortable with the "soft compulsion" route either. "It's not mandatory but you won't be able to do xyz" is, depending on how extensive a list xyz is, almost making it compulsory anyway. Set against that, I think FH puts a good case about the protection of everyone. It might be viable for individuals to choose not to hold off from the vaccine for a few years, but it isn't viable for society at large
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #6222 on: Tuesday, November 10, 2020, 09:40:21 »

Thing is this vaccine is not a new thing, people speak almost as if its emerged overnight with no one having a clue what is in it or what it does. Most medics have been aware of its contents and the methodology for c.9 months during which time it has been debated at length and peer reviewed.

Each to their own and all that, my simple test is to ask my mate who knows what he is talking about having had 20+ years medical experience whether he will be vaccinated and as importantly will his kids be, he says yes, that will do for me.

As a lay person, 9 months does not sound like a substantial period of time.

I will still make up my own mind.  I didn't automatically follow John Selwyn Gummer's lead after he fed beef burgers to his kids in the early 1990s.

Nothing to see here
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #6223 on: Tuesday, November 10, 2020, 09:46:26 »

Whatever happened to the Adkins diet😁

So, give no fucks
Mr Stevens

Ignore
« Reply #6224 on: Tuesday, November 10, 2020, 09:53:59 »

Good news comes in three's.

1) A vaccine that could signal the end to 9 months of misery.
2) Trump going, after 4 years of misery.
3) We might win on Saturday, ending (you decide) of misery.

Take your chips and fuck off home.
Pages: 1 ... 412 413 414 [415] 416 417 418 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: