Pages: 1 ... 268 269 270 [271] 272 273 274 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1226134 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4050 on: Thursday, May 28, 2020, 09:02:45 »

And in the meantime, the TTI system wasn't supposed to be going live until next week. But it's been rushed into operation today, well before it's ready, to provide political cover for Johnson and his sidekick, sorry, Cummings and his sidekick Johnson. TTI is our best chance of actually getting out of lockdown and containing the virus, but a shoddy launch will undermine confidence in it, on top of public confidence already being undermined by the shit show over the past week. Yet again, public health priorities are deemed less important than Johnson and Cummings' careers.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #4051 on: Thursday, May 28, 2020, 09:09:27 »

If someone puts my name and number on a website without me authorising it, they'll be buying a piece of steak for their black eye.

On top of that if that's how they are doing it, there are going to be lots of "joke" submissions.

Where does that stand on the whole GDPR issue, albeit I am not sure to what extent GDPR actually applies now we are outside the EU to all intents and purposes? There seem to be issues insofar as the authorisations for data storage on the UK system seem to relate more to US data law rather than UK?
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #4052 on: Thursday, May 28, 2020, 09:38:20 »

GDPR doesn't change with Brexit it's all under the ICO. I'll admit I haven't read the ins and outs yet, but as I've said before anything that Hancock says about IT safety and security should be ignored. He has zero credibility to state anything, unless he has NCSC credentials i'm unaware of.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4053 on: Thursday, May 28, 2020, 09:55:48 »

New FT analysis shows UK has suffered the worst death rate in the world. At least Johnson's boasts of being "world-beating" are true in one area. We are "world-beating" at killing our citizens through incompetent and callous government mishandling of Covid19. And still they focus on saving their own careers. These people are psychopaths.

https://www.ft.com/content/6b4c784e-c259-4ca4-9a82-648ffde71bf0

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #4054 on: Thursday, May 28, 2020, 09:58:52 »

Out of the countries that provide data.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #4055 on: Thursday, May 28, 2020, 09:59:40 »

Out of the countries that provide data, as the title says.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #4056 on: Thursday, May 28, 2020, 10:02:31 »

What comparable countries to the UK are missing from that though? I’d guess the only notable omission is Brazil

It’s not a flattering picture whatever caveats you put on it

Things get better but they never get good
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4057 on: Thursday, May 28, 2020, 10:02:52 »

Out of the countries that provide data.
Of course. Brazil may ultimately prove to be worse than we are, Russia may also be up there. It's not a proud record. The death toll here is horrendous. With over 60,000 dead, no-one can claim this govt has done a good job of handling Covid19. And now they're going to fuck up the next phase. Surely you're not trying to claim you're happy with the job they have done so far?
Valid Pint

« Reply #4058 on: Thursday, May 28, 2020, 10:03:57 »

Can you please stop glorifying in this slaughter.
It is obscene.
Banker

On The Bank

Ignore
« Reply #4059 on: Thursday, May 28, 2020, 10:05:21 »

............... I've said before anything that Hancock says about IT safety and security should be ignored. He has zero credibility to state anything.................

In general credibility is totally shot, Hancock, PM and his government. Even for a sizeable and growing minority of their own backbenchers. The world has been watching on, and as Brexit no deal looms, the world is who we're going to have to negotiate with regards trade arrangements and partnerships going forward. Trust and credibility is essential.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #4060 on: Thursday, May 28, 2020, 10:11:08 »

So because the FT has the highest death rate figures then that's the one you like to quote all the time? Any excess deaths is horrendous and perhaps the government's approach could have been better in many areas, but the amount of politicised rantings on here is embarrassing. Don't forget the public (and politicians) being sensible and abiding by the rules is pretty much the centre of getting on top of this, but there's a good percentage of the population that are ignorant. Then again that's probably the government's fault  Roll Eyes
The lockdown should have been stricter in my opinion. The whole PPE issue and care homes should have been a priority too.
« Last Edit: Thursday, May 28, 2020, 10:15:09 by 4D » Logged
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #4061 on: Thursday, May 28, 2020, 10:14:48 »

Where does that stand on the whole GDPR issue, albeit I am not sure to what extent GDPR actually applies now we are outside the EU to all intents and purposes? There seem to be issues insofar as the authorisations for data storage on the UK system seem to relate more to US data law rather than UK?

And i'm not even coming from GDPR angle. for anyone with whatever trace method/app should have as a starter 3 simple questions answered.

1) Is everything encrypted. App and website?

2) Is there 2 step authentication?

3) where is the data stored?

oh 4) How long is the retention period?

If you dont know the answer to those. don't download anything they say, until they are answered fully by an expert, not some minister.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #4062 on: Thursday, May 28, 2020, 10:19:08 »

And i'm not even coming from GDPR angle. for anyone with whatever trace method/app should have as a starter 3 simple questions answered.

1) Is everything encrypted. App and website?

2) Is there 2 step authentication?

3) where is the data stored?

oh 4) How long is the retention period?

If you dont know the answer to those. don't download anything they say, until they are answered fully by an expert, not some minister.

Don't worry, despite what Johnson promised it looks like it won't be working till the end of June anyway! https://twitter.com/BenPBradshaw/status/1265943777589551104?s=20
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #4063 on: Thursday, May 28, 2020, 10:22:34 »

So because the FT has the highest death rate figures then that's the one you like to quote all the time? Any excess deaths is horrendous and perhaps the government's approach could have been better in many areas, but the amount of politicised rantings on here is embarrassing. Don't forget the public (and politicians) being sensible and abiding by the rules is pretty much the centre of getting on top of this, but there's a good percentage of the population that are ignorant. Then again that's probably the government's fault  Roll Eyes
The lockdown should have been stricter in my opinion. The whole PPE issue and care homes should have been a priority too.

It’s because the countries which have seen fewer excess deaths than us locked down sooner and told their citizens to lockdown sooner

Our government dallied and it’s led to more people dying than if they’d acted sooner. They gambled and got it wrong - fine if the stakes are small but they’re not

Having to deal with Covid is not their fault. The health response to it is

Things get better but they never get good
REDBUCK

« Reply #4064 on: Thursday, May 28, 2020, 10:23:58 »

Can you please stop glorifying in this slaughter.
It is obscene.

It's not the death figure as such is it,  the glory comes from the fact that a Tory government is in charge and certain members of it in particular.

There's also the daily chance to reinforce the 'i told you so' mantra.

All a bit wearing after 271 pages especially when the situation appears not to be under control yet.
Pages: 1 ... 268 269 270 [271] 272 273 274 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: