Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Suggestions for expanding thetownend.com  (Read 34115 times)
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2005, 10:37:30 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
Here is my first entry in the occasional feature.....

Seriously SY do you think folk on here have the discipline and organisational skills to take something likre this seriously?

I think the idea is for people to do the odd bit when they feel like it.I cant see it being a problem whats the worse that can happen everyone does 1 column then gets bored and we all retreat back to the forum to talk bollocks Soapy Tit Wank

/
W56196272
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2005, 10:40:09 »

I'm certainly interested in this.

We could have a section after each game where we each give a mark out of ten for every player, using some software that lets each member vote on the teams performances only once a game.

The software could then work out every player average rating for each game, which can be kept on a list throughout the season, culminating in an average rating for the season CM/FM style.  

The player with the highest score over the season can be named the 'Townend.com Player of the Season'.

If the software to do this is hard to come by or utilise then I could keep all the data on a spreadsheet that can be posted after each game.
DMR

« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2005, 10:40:16 »

I'd like a rant column!

Seriosuly, we need to
- get a website to go with the forum- columns, news etc
- do away with all the moderators, maybe just have one
- pictures area
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2005, 10:41:42 »

Quote from: "dave_m_russell"
I'd like a rant column!

Seriosuly, we need to
- get a website to go with the forum- columns, news etc
- do away with all the moderators, maybe just have one
- pictures area

Im so tempted to moderate this post Tongue

/
W56196272
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2005, 10:47:32 »

Quote from: "Yeovil Red"
Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
Here is my first entry in the occasional feature.....

Seriously SY do you think folk on here have the discipline and organisational skills to take something likre this seriously?

I think the idea is for people to do the odd bit when they feel like it.I cant see it being a problem whats the worse that can happen everyone does 1 column then gets bored and we all retreat back to the forum to talk bollocks Soapy Tit Wank

But if you feel like doing the odd something and posting it up you can do that  here anyhow.....Ok agree it doesn't really matter if it falls flat, but I think SY sees a really decent effort...not your typical nerdy boy web page type thing.

Which will of course require time and effort.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2005, 11:47:33 »

make it into a cricket website  Cool  :beers
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2005, 11:50:33 »

Wouldn't we have to change it to thepavillionend.com then though?  And as it's a Swindon website that means there'd only be about two people here if Swindon CC is anything to go by.
Dazzza

« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2005, 11:58:29 »

As long as there is a framework in place updating the thing shouldn't really mean to much stress.

If we can get some basic sections on the go like squad lists, links, travel info, past players that sort of thing it should allow for updates as and when really.

A link to different forum threads from an index page (Adver style) should make sure that content is kept nice and fresh.  

Anyone fancy having a crack at some sort of logo?

Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2005, 11:58:36 »

just to keep you in the loop janaage:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/counties/scotland/4489229.stm
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2005, 11:59:57 »

personally i think we should go for more of a fanzine style hotch-potch than trying to make site with stats and profiles are other boring things
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2005, 12:06:36 »

Cheers Boeta, I read yesterday, on the information super highway that is Ceefax, that the ECB have cut the funding to the Scottish team to £250,000.  We won't be able to provide haggis sandwiches and Irn Bru at tea anymore.
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2005, 12:29:29 »

I'll be up for it,

Can i have a column called Whits on Tour with pictures from away day travels  Cheesy

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2005, 12:31:11 »

Quote from: "janaage"
Wouldn't we have to change it to thepavillionend.com then though?  And as it's a Swindon website that means there'd only be about two people here if Swindon CC is anything to go by.

If we had thepavilionend.com I could post picture sof old scorecards on it.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y154/Reg__Smeeton/Copyofscorecard.jpg
Titch

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2005, 12:34:33 »

This sounds quality and is a cracking idea!  I will also try and lend a hand when i can with anything!  I particularly like the idea of rating the players as at year end we could have a definitive player of the year etc!

y wings are like a shield of steel!
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2005, 12:38:46 »

Quote from: "Whits"
I'll be up for it,

Can i have a column called Whits on Tour with pictures from away day travels  Cheesy

"Whits shits" would be better.  A daily column (with photo's) on your excrement.  You could describe the delivery, was it a difficult crap, or did it just slide out, much of a clean up operation needed, what did you eat to produce such a monster, that kind of thing.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: