Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Crewe Alexandra prematch and match day thread.  (Read 24254 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, August 9, 2023, 10:33:07 »

Round dodger!

But you aren't coming  Smiley
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, August 9, 2023, 14:16:35 »

Swindon 2 Crewe 0 Att: 9,125 (410 Crewe)
« Last Edit: Wednesday, August 9, 2023, 15:19:40 by Jimmy StoppedMoaning » Logged

So, give no fucks
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, August 9, 2023, 15:20:48 »

Can’t make it on Saturday, but after last night I’m feeling a bit more positive about the game.

I think Town win, probably by the odd goal. (1-0 or 2-1)
DMC

« Reply #18 on: Thursday, August 10, 2023, 06:52:29 »

I am really looking forward to this. Had a absolute wanker of a summer to be honest and the MH has taken a batterring and it came to a head recently but in the last 2 weeks had a bit of help and talking the the right people and i am looking forward to things again and not looked forward to a game in a few years now

Going for a 4-0 win. I won't name him but a player said this week that the players were gutted last week was off as they fancied 4 or 5 against Colchester Eek
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, August 10, 2023, 07:10:48 »

glad to hear they are confident!
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, August 10, 2023, 07:32:30 »

I think that since the Plymouth game there has definitely been a strong sense that things are 'coming together.' Flynn comes across well, there is clearly a plan and we have recruited accordingly. Still short a CB and a big striker for sure, and maybe one midfielder but I'm definitely feeling the 'vibes'. Can't wait for Saturday.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, August 10, 2023, 07:53:54 »

Can't remember who said it, but after the downbeat nature of a lot of summer and pre-season it does feel that there are real signs of positivity finally dripping through the club. The recent signings and the good performance at Peterborough have really helped. You can see it on social media as well with the players, not just the UGM 'John Lennon' video, but the messages from them that they really enjoyed the game on Tuesday and are really excited to be playing at the CG etc etc.

The last time we had anything like that was when we got to the play-offs and McKirdy was the cheerleader on social media. There just appears to be a bit of a buzz forming.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
DMC

« Reply #22 on: Thursday, August 10, 2023, 07:57:45 »

I think a proper social medai manager has helped as well. The whole communication thing doesn't always have to be about Rob or Clem talking but the club in general
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, August 10, 2023, 08:04:10 »

I think a proper social medai manager has helped as well. The whole communication thing doesn't always have to be about Rob or Clem talking but the club in general

That's so true. (What seemed like) a lot of fans were whining that the club was not entertaining them during the summer and pre-season but the new guy seems to have come in and showed positivity and a willingness to engage with fans. Fair play to him/them.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, August 10, 2023, 08:09:46 »

That's so true. (What seemed like) a lot of fans were whining that the club was not entertaining them during the summer and pre-season but the new guy seems to have come in and showed positivity and a willingness to engage with fans. Fair play to him/them.

He's a good lad Henry. Think he'll probably get poached after this season
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, August 10, 2023, 08:11:54 »

Yeah quite possibly.

The key as with any business is that he and others set up the framework for what he does so any replacement has a standard to work towards. Unfortunately historically the club just leaves this and its entirely down to the individual.
« Last Edit: Thursday, August 10, 2023, 08:33:20 by Riddick » Logged
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, August 10, 2023, 08:20:31 »

The drop off after Ben Hooke left when we won the PPG league was massive.

He was excellent.

It’s a critical job in this day and age.

The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, August 10, 2023, 08:36:50 »

3 points please. Would be brilliant if this season we could get some momentum going at home and make it a hard place to come. For too many years now teams have come here and we've rolled over and let them take liberties.

Seems to be a bit of a buzz about Saturday now, if we can get going early it could snowball and keep the crowds/atmosphere up.

Classic STFC style we will probably go and lose 1nil in the last minute. Crash
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, August 10, 2023, 08:37:09 »

Looking forward to this, taking my 7 year old lad who’s got the football bug at the moment.
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, August 10, 2023, 09:34:40 »

I'm taking my son to his first CG game. He's 15 and his first ever game was the play off game againdt Preston so I haven't let him go since then  Smiley
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: