Pages: 1 ... 486 487 488 [489] 490 491 492 ... 861   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1266702 times)
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #7320 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 09:32:01 »

Saturday's result has made Swindon the laughing stock of English football.
Total embarrassment. Even worse than that of the England's cricket team performance in India
It will pass - Yesterday’s news is tomorrow’s fish and chips paper.

Just have to wait and see what happens.

If all the things that have been said are true, then I just hope the present owners leave the club with some assets and we don’t have a repeat of the Power departure.

But, if they are all of the same I’ll as Power, there may be trouble ahead!

Nowt I can do about it, so just have to sit back and watch it play out.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #7321 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 09:33:14 »

Do those who bought shares in exchange for £2m have exemption rights as Clem did when it comes to a sale?

Strange timing for Flynn’s contract extension.

If the players are as pissed off as FBT claims who’s going to want to sign an extension to their contract.

Is anybody worth a fee going to be sold in January?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #7322 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 09:36:53 »

Do those who bought shares in exchange for £2m have exemption rights as Clem did when it comes to a sale?

Strange timing for Flynn’s contract extension.

If the players are as pissed off as FBT claims who’s going to want to sign an extension to their contract.

Is anybody worth a fee going to be sold in January?

Given the money taps have been turned off, I reckon that's a fair assumption. Sadly I also think Kemp is unlikely to be with us come January which is going to be a huge loss.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #7323 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 09:40:58 »

My concern is the ongoing court cases. How much of an impact is that going to have on interested parties? I'm sure there are seemingly quite a number of parasites in the STFC pie that are also going to require payment.

I'm certain there has been interest in the club this year, despite Clem stating the club isn't for sale, it very much has been. I'm just not sure the guys running the club are going to be particularly competent in making a sale happen. We'll see.

I think the court cases are purely civil cases with individuals who no longer have official holdings in the club, so personally feel the club should be unaffected legally. Guess the possibility of a points deduction is the only looming issue. Unprecedented as well so don't really have much evidence to go on what the possible punishment would be

I'm also 99% sure there has been interest. I posted previously about the wild rumour that the Marc Bircham links started because the owner of Como was interested, and there was also the random rumour from Facebook in the summer that the StarSports betting owner was sniffing.
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #7324 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 09:41:41 »

Clem was asked in the last phone in and he said he didn't know 
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #7325 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 09:46:50 »

The Flynn extension contract was for a feel good statement. Just saying we are in control and nothing to worry about.
If correct surely trying to flog off football shirts at discounted prices is a problem and is trying to raise some petty cash for day to day expenses.
FBTs comments if true are really damming and would show MF has got problems in the dressing room as well.

Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #7326 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 09:55:31 »

Flynn's comments post contract extension "I believe in the way the club want to go" etc, if he knew this was going on, are odd to say the least. Not sure that's leadership.

As for the rest...

Clem is exactly who many of us thought he was. If you didn't see the mask slip when he was talking about the Eady money, then you will likely defend him to the end.

We need a complete re-set at the Trust. We need a strong Trust now more than ever. People can say that they are volunteers but there are big sums of money involved here... maybe they shouldn't be.

I'd be interested to hear from the Eady trustees. They must be looking on in horror.
« Last Edit: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 09:57:42 by Mooneyraker » Logged
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #7327 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 10:15:18 »

I think the court cases are purely civil cases with individuals who no longer have official holdings in the club, so personally feel the club should be unaffected legally. Guess the possibility of a points deduction is the only looming issue. Unprecedented as well so don't really have much evidence to go on what the possible punishment would be

I'm also 99% sure there has been interest. I posted previously about the wild rumour that the Marc Bircham links started because the owner of Como was interested, and there was also the random rumour from Facebook in the summer that the StarSports betting owner was sniffing.

Ah that's a relief on the court cases then.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #7328 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 10:15:28 »

Clem had to buy the club or see his £1.15m disappear down the plug hole. Looking like everything since he achieved that objective has been to cement his investment for a future return. The money he has had to put in has been stretching him and stretching him. Looks like he has no more to put in and poor cup runs to put some jam on the bread and butter have not materialised.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #7329 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 10:17:35 »

My concern is the ongoing court cases. How much of an impact is that going to have on interested parties? I'm sure there are seemingly quite a number of parasites in the STFC pie that are also going to require payment.

I'm certain there has been interest in the club this year, despite Clem stating the club isn't for sale, it very much has been. I'm just not sure the guys running the club are going to be particularly competent in making a sale happen. We'll see.

I am more worried as to what they will demand.
Worrying.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #7330 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 10:34:01 »

I am more worried as to what they will demand.
Worrying.

Yeah, I've read figures of about 15 million quid. Really hoping investors aren't going to be put off.

Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #7331 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 10:35:23 »

Yeah, I've read figures of about 15 million quid. Really hoping investors aren't going to be put off.

Barry and Standing need to get paid I suppose...
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #7332 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 10:37:24 »

They won't have much choice about what to demand if it's so dire that they can't pay creditors. Will be taken out of their hands then.
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #7333 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 10:43:15 »

That as in £15mn that the club is being valued at/sale price? Or figures being bandied about in the court case?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #7334 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 10:46:09 »

That as in £15mn that the club is being valued at/sale price? Or figures being bandied about in the court case?
I presume it’s based on the money paid for the 20% (?) of shares sold to pay off the debenture.

£2.9m x 5 = £14.5m

Fanciful
Pages: 1 ... 486 487 488 [489] 490 491 492 ... 861   Go Up
Print
Jump to: