Pages: 1 ... 219 220 221 [222] 223 224 225 ... 861   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1267062 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #3315 on: Sunday, April 16, 2023, 20:11:57 »

Anton Rodgers  Clap

So, give no fucks
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #3316 on: Sunday, April 16, 2023, 20:18:47 »

I wouldn't call that a 'Lee Power XI' though. It would need to be players that he brought in only. Still a decent XI in there for sure but lets not suddenly recast that turd as a footballing oracle.

We don’t sign any of the Tottenham contingent without powers money or connection (I.e. sheringham) tbf.

Things get better but they never get good
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #3317 on: Sunday, April 16, 2023, 20:35:19 »

We don’t sign any of the Tottenham contingent without powers money or connection (I.e. sheringham) tbf.

Sure, I'm just not crediting the Swiss slug with Wes Foderingham, the Thompsons, Andy Williams etc.
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #3318 on: Sunday, April 16, 2023, 22:00:23 »

Power went the moneyball route with the Tottenham players as he knew he could make money on Luongo, Bryne etc. I suspect Sherwood tipped him off that they weren't PL standard but would make the Championship.

The problem was, after cashing in 2015, they were replaced with rubbish. When Power wanted to or was financially able to he could recruit well but we got relegated twice on his watch when recruitment was terrible.
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #3319 on: Monday, April 17, 2023, 11:19:03 »

I know how to use a spreadsheet & have watched us for over 50 years, and despite what I might think I don’t have the knowledge or ability to build a successful team.

Exactly. I played for years, ran sides Saturdays and Sundays and apart from the basics of "a spine" the other main thing that always seemed to work was "team spirit" and the willingness for players to work for each other. How you put that into a spreadsheet heaven only knows.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #3320 on: Monday, April 17, 2023, 15:01:18 »

Not that I'm anticipating anything worthwhile after our Zav's appearance in the "Relevant Persons' Box" at the County Ground on Saturday, but it has now been a week since the AB and still no minutes.
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #3321 on: Monday, April 17, 2023, 15:04:22 »

Not that I'm anticipating anything worthwhile after our Zav's appearance in the "Relevant Persons' Box" at the County Ground on Saturday, but it has now been a week since the AB and still no minutes.

Cynical me reckons it will be buried tomorrow PM ahead of a flurry of matchday tweets.
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #3322 on: Thursday, April 20, 2023, 10:22:49 »

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/23463429.swindon-towns-county-ground-car-park-rules-cause-confusion/

The Adver asked the League Two club about these parking concerns.

Swindon Town CEO Rob Angus said: “The car park outside the County Ground is now under the full control of the football club following the purchase of our stadium.

“We are currently in the process of installing new signage and ways to pay for those looking to use the car park on non-match days, and all this will be in place shortly.

“We’re working closely with local firm and leading UK car park provider MI Permit - one of our main club sponsors – to ensure the facility is up and running efficiently over the coming weeks, with their parking app already set up.”

In the aftermath, many residents have asked about what is to happen to the area in the meantime and how the parking system will work.

Responding to these queries, Mr Angus advised that between now and when the new system is in place, a charge to use the car park will remain.

He also added that those wishing to use it will need to contact the club in the interim, but did not elaborate on how to do this, or what the charges would be.

Eek Good to see its not just season tickets we cant organise.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #3323 on: Thursday, April 20, 2023, 10:35:09 »

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/23463429.swindon-towns-county-ground-car-park-rules-cause-confusion/

The Adver asked the League Two club about these parking concerns.

Swindon Town CEO Rob Angus said: “The car park outside the County Ground is now under the full control of the football club following the purchase of our stadium.

“We are currently in the process of installing new signage and ways to pay for those looking to use the car park on non-match days, and all this will be in place shortly.

“We’re working closely with local firm and leading UK car park provider MI Permit - one of our main club sponsors – to ensure the facility is up and running efficiently over the coming weeks, with their parking app already set up.”

In the aftermath, many residents have asked about what is to happen to the area in the meantime and how the parking system will work.

Responding to these queries, Mr Angus advised that between now and when the new system is in place, a charge to use the car park will remain.

He also added that those wishing to use it will need to contact the club in the interim, but did not elaborate on how to do this, or what the charges would be.

Eek Good to see its not just season tickets we cant organise.

Will have to weigh the risk of getting clamped when nipping into the club shop for 5 mins to pick up a ticket etc in future then.  Smiley
A car park is free for customer use statement in the small print would be useful as & when they sort themselves out.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #3324 on: Thursday, April 20, 2023, 12:02:40 »

It's another example of the Blue Peter Bring and Buy Sale nature of the behind the scenes infrastructure of the club.  No planning, no operational strategy or people to implement.

Imagine plenty of people are parking without paying right now, but we also run the risk of someone taking us to court if they are slapped with a fine (because you are still supposed to pay - but no actual way to pay exists).
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #3325 on: Saturday, April 22, 2023, 11:54:25 »

Anyone filled in the Stadium Survey? Just got mine via email.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #3326 on: Sunday, April 23, 2023, 12:11:39 »

Anyone filled in the Stadium Survey? Just got mine via email.

Stadium survey?
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #3327 on: Sunday, April 23, 2023, 12:25:08 »

Stadium survey?

From the trust, assume they are sending it to people with a voting share
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #3328 on: Sunday, April 23, 2023, 12:35:19 »

From the trust, assume they are sending it to people with a voting share

Ah. I don't but would be curious as to what is being asked.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3329 on: Sunday, April 23, 2023, 12:42:50 »

Quote from: Wobbly Bob
Will have to weigh the risk of getting clamped when nipping into the club shop for 5 mins to pick up a ticket etc in future then.  Smiley
A car park is free for customer use statement in the small print would be useful as & when they sort themselves out.

missed this.

just park in the spaces to the right of the club shop, not in the main car park

I think they are marked as 'visitors.' spaces
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 221 [222] 223 224 225 ... 861   Go Up
Print
Jump to: