Pages: 1 ... 217 218 219 [220] 221 222 223 ... 861   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1266556 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #3285 on: Sunday, April 16, 2023, 11:27:51 »

Actions speak louder than words. Zav and Sandro both said to be there yesterday. I sit in the DRS so hard to confirm for sure but it certainly looked like the pair of them sat with Powers Platinum henchman, away from Angus mind.

The fans have backed them and they've pissed it up the wall. They now have to build it for the numbers to return.... chicken and egg situation.

Was there; was posted on twitter by someone
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #3286 on: Sunday, April 16, 2023, 11:32:30 »

You would think even the empty seats around would be a clue to what's going on!

So, give no fucks
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #3287 on: Sunday, April 16, 2023, 11:36:39 »

You would think even the empty seats around would be a clue to what's going on!

Yep, no way was that 8K there yesterday. Especially as the turnstile I went through in The DRS had the ticket scanner switched off.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #3288 on: Sunday, April 16, 2023, 11:42:00 »

Yep, no way was that 8K there yesterday. Especially as the turnstile I went through in The DRS had the ticket scanner switched off.

What would be an estimate from what you saw?

So, give no fucks
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #3289 on: Sunday, April 16, 2023, 11:52:45 »

Morfuni... if he does own the club needs to get back and sort things out.
Both off the pitch and on it.
Transitional times especially with the purchase of the ground.  Things could very easily sour quickly if not managed 🤔
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3290 on: Sunday, April 16, 2023, 12:03:54 »

not sure when this was taken, but it felt more full sitting in the DRS though there were gaps.

could be just before half time, or the end? arkells dwellers, was it really this empty all game?

https://twitter.com/declan_pike/status/1647285954766336000?t=fX4EcQHWzgiPFS1ZueJF7w&s=19

edit: about 40 in apparently. some could have gone for an early sausage roll
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #3291 on: Sunday, April 16, 2023, 12:36:15 »

not sure when this was taken, but it felt more full sitting in the DRS though there were gaps.

could be just before half time, or the end? arkells dwellers, was it really this empty all game?

https://twitter.com/declan_pike/status/1647285954766336000?t=fX4EcQHWzgiPFS1ZueJF7w&s=19

edit: about 40 in apparently. some could have gone for an early sausage roll

See, I felt that the DRS stand felt empty yesterday. Normally where I sit all the rows are full, yesterday this wasn’t the case. Nowhere near 8k were there however a seat sold will be counted regardless if the person attends or not I believe,

Most around me are season ticket holders I should add who were attended the game. Cheekily enough some randoms were in our seats however couldn’t be bothered to ask them to move so sat in the row in front!
« Last Edit: Sunday, April 16, 2023, 12:38:42 by Hyabb17 » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3292 on: Sunday, April 16, 2023, 12:53:13 »

here is what Rob said in the program yesterday

https://twitter.com/BatchStfc/status/1647583658025336832?t=gAeu5l8Ls_r4LQES-2hBjw&s=19

The right words, let's see the execution now
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #3293 on: Sunday, April 16, 2023, 12:55:58 »

I would have expected the Quaggy to know the exact number that attended yesterday

So, give no fucks
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #3294 on: Sunday, April 16, 2023, 15:24:35 »

Felt very empty yesterday. Very quiet in Legends before the game, no queue to get in to The DRS, got my HT beverage in record time, even managed to exit the stadium at FT without any problems. I said to my mate it looked about a 6K crowd. I’m wondering if they count all the season ticket holders regardless if they turn up or not.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #3295 on: Sunday, April 16, 2023, 15:35:05 »

Felt very empty yesterday. Very quiet in Legends before the game, no queue to get in to The DRS, got my HT beverage in record time, even managed to exit the stadium at FT without any problems. I said to my mate it looked about a 6K crowd. I’m wondering if they count all the season ticket holders regardless if they turn up or not.

Cheers Grim, all season ticket holders are counted even if they don't turn up.

So, give no fucks
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #3296 on: Sunday, April 16, 2023, 15:42:04 »

The absolute cuckold nature of some of our fan base is infuriating. Total 'expect nothing but misery' attitude. There is being realistic and then there is being pessimistic and then there is whatever this attitude some of our fans have which is a couple of levels below pessimistic in to strange complex territory. An attitude that we should be grateful to be competing a division below historical non league clubs like Accrington Stanley with a smile on our faces.

Absolute oddball behaviour.

After seeing some of the posts on different threads this weekend, I go back to this post. Standards are in the bin at this club.

Those Angus comments are all well and good - need to see proof/action of it though.
Probs be better in a statement addressing wider fanbase and not tucked away in a £4 souvenir? and certainly be better coming from the owner of the club. Angus seems to be the fall guy at the moment as nobody else bothers speaking. Shame to see Zav and Sandro pictured . May of been 8000 tickets sold but everyone there saying it wasn't close to that... that's just a preview for next season. My guess is around 3-3.5k season tickets next season.

Bored of the cucks clutching onto the ground purchase as a new thing to happy clap about. Yes, It's fantastic we've got the ground, its an asset for the club and surely means we will see serious investment on pitch with circa 500k saved, right? But as its been said elsewhere this deal was oven ready when LP was here, of course details, prices and terms in contract will change and need work, but the fact is the only reason this happened was because of the late Legend that is Nigel Eady, nobody else.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #3297 on: Sunday, April 16, 2023, 16:21:35 »

Can anyone else think of an 'upstairs' football figure, not including owners etc, ever becoming such a lightning rod for fan criticism? It is quite a novel phenomenon.

Ross Wilson at Rangers similarly hated and fans have been celebrating since he got poached by Forest.

If clubs are going to persist with this set up then its to be expected. Directors of Football/Technical Directors are just as responsible as the Manager/Head Coach in this system.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3298 on: Sunday, April 16, 2023, 16:27:50 »

can't really remember it at Swindon before though..

owners, chairman, the board, managers and special advisors yes.

even the Sheridan year wasn't Jewell DoF? ok we were all locked out but even so
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #3299 on: Sunday, April 16, 2023, 16:28:22 »

It’s fine for Sandro (or whoever) to use his data & spreadsheets to identify potential targets.
What is fundamentally wrong is having a Director of Football that doesn’t have a significant background in or knowledge of football.

I know how to use a spreadsheet & have watched us for over 50 years, and despite what I might think I don’t have the knowledge or ability to build a successful team.
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 219 [220] 221 222 223 ... 861   Go Up
Print
Jump to: