Pages: 1 ... 213 214 215 [216] 217 218 219 ... 861   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1267082 times)
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #3225 on: Friday, April 14, 2023, 07:52:53 »

Fingers crossed we do today

Need more than fan engagement activity.

A complete shit show on the pitch that needs major surgery close season.
Would help if we could at least get a flavour of acknowledgment and lessons learnt.

Steak supper

Ignore
« Reply #3226 on: Friday, April 14, 2023, 08:02:34 »

Good post. Anybody suggesting we cant compete and get in to L1 what are you paying to watch? For us make up the numbers in Div4? Fuck that

We find ourselves in a League below Morecombe, Fleetwood, Burton, Cambridge, FGR, Cheltenham etc etc. Two leagues below Luton, Millwall and Rotherham.

We're Swindon Town FFS, demand more. Agree the best we can hope for is Rotherham/Peterborough realistically, flirt with Champ but unable to seriously compete. Which is fair enough and i'd bite your hand off for.  Accepting D4 mediocracy stinks for me. 

We should be mixing it in league one . But saying stuff like were swindon ffs just ignores the reality of where we are and have been for quite a long time now. 
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #3227 on: Friday, April 14, 2023, 08:16:07 »

The absolute cuckold nature of some of our fan base is infuriating. Total 'expect nothing but misery' attitude. There is being realistic and then there is being pessimistic and then there is whatever this attitude some of our fans have which is a couple of levels below pessimistic in to strange complex territory. An attitude that we should be grateful to be competing a division below historical non league clubs like Accrington Stanley with a smile on our faces.

Absolute oddball behaviour.

Spot on, great post 👏.
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #3228 on: Friday, April 14, 2023, 08:24:24 »

We should be mixing it in league one . But saying stuff like were swindon ffs just ignores the reality of where we are and have been for quite a long time now. 

I dont for a second dispute we are where we deserve to be right now. My point is that this should be seen as the lowest of lowest ebbs,  theres been a rhetoric across a few fan outlets/ twitter that we're in a good place/the best we could ever hope for now and that the club is operating wonderfully.

I've never seen such a tinpot/amateur/penny pinching setup.

The club is showing zero ambition right now. I fully expect that in the coming pre-season the fans to be blamed that we cant be as competitive next year because ST sales are down. Problem is they've had 2 years of goodwill and pissed on the fans at every opportunity... sadly they will now reap what they have sown.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #3229 on: Friday, April 14, 2023, 08:37:15 »

We should have built on last season - and chose not to. Whether Garner/Chorley and several players leaving was a decision by them or that the club didn’t try too hard to retain them we’ll never know for sure. Would have thought that after coming close last season with a firm commitment by the club to kick on would have convinced them to stay.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #3230 on: Friday, April 14, 2023, 08:39:15 »

Not sure that the current lot quite compete with Jed and the Cruise Ship 4 on those points, but they're certainly not as far ahead as they should be.
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #3231 on: Friday, April 14, 2023, 08:41:12 »

https://jobs4football.com/job/performance-analyst-18/

Just popped up on twitter. Performance Analyst/Scout as an intern  Head Hurts

Pay peanuts get monkeys.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #3232 on: Friday, April 14, 2023, 08:44:19 »

https://jobs4football.com/job/performance-analyst-18/

Just popped up on twitter. Performance Analyst/Scout as an intern  Head Hurts

Pay peanuts get monkeys.
Pretty sure the last intern in that role was considered a "leak" of information before he left from what I have been told. Didn't end amicably.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #3233 on: Friday, April 14, 2023, 08:48:23 »

Tbf, we’re not the only club offering the same position to an intern. Burnley are also advertising.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #3234 on: Friday, April 14, 2023, 09:17:54 »

I think the difference is Burnley are offering "competitive salary" we will no doubt want the person to do it for free or peanuts
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #3235 on: Friday, April 14, 2023, 09:27:25 »

Burnleys also states it's with the academy... ours rather ambiguously mentions its could be Mens/Womens/Academy.... wonder which it will be
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3236 on: Friday, April 14, 2023, 10:07:29 »

I'm not as against this as some, night help get someone's foot in the door at some point, if not here then elsewhere. certainly better than sitting on your todd.

But you'd expect expenses to be covered, which they might be but but mentioned.

only really suitable for a local living at home
DMC

« Reply #3237 on: Friday, April 14, 2023, 10:13:20 »

I think the difference is Burnley are offering "competitive salary" we will no doubt want the person to do it for free or peanuts
What are Burnley offerring
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #3238 on: Friday, April 14, 2023, 11:27:52 »

But saying stuff like were swindon ffs just ignores the reality of where we are and have been for quite a long time now. 

No, it isn't. 

People act like saying "We're Swindon" is some sort of delusional outburst and trying to say we deserve to be competing at the right end of the championship.

It isn't saying we're under some false impression we're as big as a Middlesbrough or Sunderland or something. Its simply saying what the first part of your post said, "We should be mixing it in league one". Nothing more, nothing less.

It's actually more delusional to pretend that struggling to compete with Barrow and Sutton is the norm for us and what we should expect.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #3239 on: Friday, April 14, 2023, 11:28:04 »

I dont for a second dispute we are where we deserve to be right now. My point is that this should be seen as the lowest of lowest ebbs,  theres been a rhetoric across a few fan outlets/ twitter that we're in a good place/the best we could ever hope for now and that the club is operating wonderfully.

The club is showing zero ambition right now. I fully expect that in the coming pre-season the fans to be blamed that we cant be as competitive next year because ST sales are down. Problem is they've had 2 years of goodwill and pissed on the fans at every opportunity... sadly they will now reap what they have sown.

This spot on. The majority of fans I know feel the same.
The silence is deafening. I await the latest positive spin around engagement and stadium purchase.

Well let’s have some much needed news on the priority- the actual piece around the playing set up.
Because it appears a shit show and showing no signs of improvement.

9,000 attendances at this level is nothing short of outstanding.

Pages: 1 ... 213 214 215 [216] 217 218 219 ... 861   Go Up
Print
Jump to: