Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: stovies  (Read 2146 times)
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 23:26:39 »

First time we had haggis was at a formal Burns Night supper that my colleagues and I organised at the place I work. So, imagine the scene, about 15 Brits (a number true Scots in full regalia), about 200 stupid yanks.

My beloved and I had no clue what haggis tasted like, but I had an inkling that we'd both like it. So the plate comes out, haggis, neeps, tatties etc. My wife takes a taste of haggis - and bear in mind this was Burns Night, so alcohol was flowing VERY freely - remarks rather loudly, as she does when slightly inebriated, "This tastes like faggots!". At once, about 50 people turned and stared at her in disgust, as I proceeded to fall off my chair in utter fits of laughter. I proceeded to let her explain the analogy.....

Luckily, I get to experience another just before I return home...... Beers
Barry Scott

« Reply #16 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 23:57:39 »

I've done similar regarding fags (cigarettes).

Haggis is nice. I used to love faggots, but don't recall the haggis being similar to faggots, i remember it being a bit like lumpy Cumberland sausage meat. It was years ago though and could taste like badger for all i know.
McLovin

« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, January 8, 2008, 09:24:49 »

I liked it the only time i tried it.

I also found out last week that i like black pudding. Nice.
flammableBen

« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, January 8, 2008, 11:51:58 »

Black Pudding is the sexiest of all foods, although you can get really shit black pudding so it's worth shopping about.
The Professor

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, January 10, 2008, 22:15:00 »

Yes, I've had Haggis and it's great. I was up in Edinburgh some years ago for a conference & there was a Burns Night Supper with Highland Dancing and copious amounts of Scotland's national drink (and I'm not talking Irn Bru). Only drawback was during the dancing I ended up being spun around & around by a large bearded Jock - fortunately it wasn't the Gay Gordons.  Never found out what his name was though!

However the breakfasts in Scottish hotels are brilliant - full fry-ups but with Haggis, White pudding, something called Fruit pudding (I think) and other delicacies too numerous to mention.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: