Pages: 1 ... 371 372 373 [374] 375 376 377 ... 868   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1280037 times)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #5595 on: Tuesday, September 5, 2023, 08:51:28 »

It did seem to me like something to stir the pot rather than the "big find" they thought it was

First rule of journalism is?
Bob1978

Ignore
« Reply #5596 on: Tuesday, September 5, 2023, 08:53:28 »

Got to remember adver were basically banned from reporting on the club under power.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #5597 on: Tuesday, September 5, 2023, 08:56:26 »

But that's not necessarily the issue that people are taking with it though. It's the constant contradictions.
Just pointing out the hypocrisy
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #5598 on: Tuesday, September 5, 2023, 09:00:28 »

It did seem to me like something to stir the pot rather than the "big find" they thought it was

I've literally just done a c.30 second trawl on the interweb and I suspect a huge amount of additional info which could answer lots of questions is available on what is (I assume) the Aussie equivalent of Companies House, but (Like you used to have to here|) you have to pay for it which I assume the Adver were not arsed to do.
joeydubya

Ignore
« Reply #5599 on: Tuesday, September 5, 2023, 09:09:18 »

I've literally just done a c.30 second trawl on the interweb and I suspect a huge amount of additional info which could answer lots of questions is available on what is (I assume) the Aussie equivalent of Companies House, but (Like you used to have to here|) you have to pay for it which I assume the Adver were not arsed to do.

Think we'd all like to know i'm sure! But it's a simple story, Axis UK liquidated, owes money - company owned wants it. Gets clicks!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #5600 on: Tuesday, September 5, 2023, 09:16:21 »

Think we'd all like to know i'm sure! But it's a simple story, Axis UK liquidated, owes money - company owned wants it. Gets clicks!

That story doesn't mention Axis UK being liquidated, it mentions Axis Plumbing NSW Pty Ltd being liquidated, which is an Aussie company?
« Last Edit: Tuesday, September 5, 2023, 09:53:21 by horlock07 » Logged
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #5601 on: Tuesday, September 5, 2023, 09:21:38 »

Power did this 17 times before rocking up at the CG. Nobody wanted to hear it at the time.

Plenty of fans raised concerns about Power and his previous business conduct when he took over?!
« Last Edit: Tuesday, September 5, 2023, 09:25:35 by tans » Logged

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #5602 on: Tuesday, September 5, 2023, 10:05:23 »

I banged on about it - that hotel in Cambridge or Peterborough, CR8 etc, but a few on here shouted me down.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #5603 on: Tuesday, September 5, 2023, 11:17:25 »

Don’t let the truth get in the way of a good story.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #5604 on: Tuesday, September 5, 2023, 11:20:40 »

Apart from questionable business practice and another example of a lack of transparency I don’t see how this impacts the club.

Depends on whether you start borrowing money from the growing list of undesirables.
After all this is exactly what Lee Power did.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #5605 on: Tuesday, September 5, 2023, 11:29:38 »

Can one of the Companies House/corporate structure expert types answer this one if possible please:

If/when Clem goes bust and has to sell up might Mrs Kiely and Mrs Parladorio have the same pre-emption rights that Clem had under Power? Presumably there is no way of finding that out?

Also, in the event that they gain control do they automatically get the 50% of the CG that the club owns in the JV with the Trust?

It is a shame that the Eady Trust seemingly haven't treated Clem (or should that be 'Clem'?) with the same scepticism as they did with Power. I'm sure people will say that it is all watertight legally but it still doesn't sit well that these people have in any way benefitted from that legacy. If Clem wasn't honest with them would they have any recourse I wonder?
« Last Edit: Tuesday, September 5, 2023, 11:33:21 by Mooneyraker » Logged
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #5606 on: Tuesday, September 5, 2023, 11:48:57 »

Possibly so, but at this stage that is merely conjecture with literally no hard evidence to back it up, now if the Adver had actually done a proper job there possibly would be evidence to reach a conclusion one way or the other upon, but there isn't, such practices are depressingly common in the construction industry (happen to me enough times in my professional life).

As for Angus being stitched up, reading what he said he merely commented upon whether the liquidation affected the club, at the moment is there any evidence that what he was told and subsequently said was incorrect?  

I agree with your sentiment on the Adver, they are basically doing little more than me or you could do, in fact, less at times.  Your general themes of nothing to see here unless proven otherwise I think I do not agree with though.  There is clearly a thread here that can be pulled, and it may take weeks to fully unravel or be long enough to print something, but the thread almost certainly seems to be unravelling on it's own.

Individual events that have occurred, on there own, do not create any reason to worry about STFC.  However, it's the fact that they are not pre-warned or even cleared up with truth initially.  That seeming need to keep things swept under a carpet and the fact that it's more than one thing, would suggest more to find.

In this individual situation:

Clem did not come out ahead of the news
Rob Angus was sent out with some half hearted, don't admit to anything effort to clean it up
Clem eventually had to own up to 80% of the issue to stop further digging
Turns out that wasn't entirely true either

Now, on a pure business level, there is nothing illegal with liquidating a company.  There are some moral concerns about doing do so while owing people money, especially if you have other means to repay - like a profitable business, or assets.

the question here would be, at what point did Clem hand this business (which looks like one of his original ones I believe) to some other poor shmuck to take the fall and provide distance from the creditors?  I know of heresay that suggests not that long, in world history terms.

Next - does that mean he may still be pursued for the debts?  No idea, maybe, not aware of the rules in Aussie law and also how far that would even be able to go, like across borders?

Anyway, the point is none of that, not really.  It's that it is one of many and growing, and none of the issues have been resolved to a point where no questions can be asked still.  Every single one has been a drip feed of truth, mostly blended with blatant porkies.  On the witness stand, you'd have been discredited by now.

Come on Adver, let someone do their job.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #5607 on: Tuesday, September 5, 2023, 11:52:14 »

Can one of the Companies House/corporate structure expert types answer this one if possible please:

If/when Clem goes bust and has to sell up might Mrs Kiely and Mrs Parladorio have the same pre-emption rights that Clem had under Power? Presumably there is no way of finding that out?

Also, in the event that they gain control do they automatically get the 50% of the CG that the club owns in the JV with the Trust?

It is a shame that the Eady Trust seemingly haven't treated Clem (or should that be 'Clem'?) with the same scepticism as they did with Power. I'm sure people will say that it is all watertight legally but it still doesn't sit well that these people have in any way benefitted from that legacy. If Clem wasn't honest with them would they have any recourse I wonder?

None of that will be in the Companies House documentation I'm afraid, there'll be a separate contract (presumably) of loan terms, which will not be filed.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #5608 on: Tuesday, September 5, 2023, 11:53:38 »

None of that will be in the Companies House documentation I'm afraid, there'll be a separate contract (presumably) of loan terms, which will not be filed.

Yes, sorry, I was meaning more would it be normal/possible for their shares to have those rights?

It isn't my area of expertise!

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #5609 on: Tuesday, September 5, 2023, 11:55:51 »

It’s the naivety that people won’t find out that bugs me. Everything, well, nearly everything, is available online these days. Did Clem really think these things wouldn’t get out?
Pages: 1 ... 371 372 373 [374] 375 376 377 ... 868   Go Up
Print
Jump to: