Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: John Bostock  (Read 11699 times)
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Thursday, March 22, 2012, 19:50:53 »

Bizarre.

Great potential but massive ego and terrible attitude is what I'm hearing but, as we all know, if anyone can get the best out of a player, then it's Paolo. Hope Bostock really takes his chance here; I'm sure he'll have heard about what happened to Clarke and to a lesser extent Montano, so he'll definitely have to be on his toes and up for making an impact. At the very least, it gives us some form of cover for Ferry who we really have become too reliant on.

As for Bodin, I honestly can't understand this one. The Torquay move did him the world of good and he came back with some good League Two experience and chomping at the bit to be involved here. Paolo didn't let him return there because he wanted him involved here, yet he's readily let him go to Crewe when, in my opinion, he offers us something more significant up front than both Tehoue and Murray. Either way, I hope this temporary move is exactly that: temporary. Massive, massive potential to be a star and would like him to be here next season.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Thursday, March 22, 2012, 19:56:56 »

Or maybe he saw Torquays climb up the table as a bit of a threat....with Bodin,s goals doing the damage as the reason he didn't go back to Torquay.
Flashheart

« Reply #77 on: Thursday, March 22, 2012, 20:18:58 »

Did Billy extend his contract here?
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Thursday, March 22, 2012, 20:23:36 »

Did Billy extend his contract here?

Dont think so, still at the talks stage.  I wouldnt be at all surprised if he went in the summer which would be a real shame.

Really though this 55% wage cap ...... I am guessing there a million and one ways around it, or the finance director is creative in the extreme?
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Thursday, March 22, 2012, 20:37:48 »

Bizarre.

Great potential but massive ego and terrible attitude is what I'm hearing but, as we all know, if anyone can get the best out of a player, then it's Paolo. Hope Bostock really takes his chance here; I'm sure he'll have heard about what happened to Clarke and to a lesser extent Montano, so he'll definitely have to be on his toes and up for making an impact. At the very least, it gives us some form of cover for Ferry who we really have become too reliant on.

As for Bodin, I honestly can't understand this one. The Torquay move did him the world of good and he came back with some good League Two experience and chomping at the bit to be involved here. Paolo didn't let him return there because he wanted him involved here, yet he's readily let him go to Crewe when, in my opinion, he offers us something more significant up front than both Tehoue and Murray. Either way, I hope this temporary move is exactly that: temporary. Massive, massive potential to be a star and would like him to be here next season.

I read the other day in the FL paper that Swansea have been looking at BB.
Barry Scott

« Reply #80 on: Thursday, March 22, 2012, 20:39:23 »

I just watched his interview and he seems like a nice bloke, who comes across as level headed, with no arrogance or attitude. I think he's going to fit in well.
kerry red

« Reply #81 on: Thursday, March 22, 2012, 20:46:57 »

Maybe Bodin is going to Crewe so they can run the rule over him as a possible player+cash move for Nick Powell in the summer - would need to be a shed-load of cash, though
Flashheart

« Reply #82 on: Thursday, March 22, 2012, 21:04:13 »

We won't get Powell
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Thursday, March 22, 2012, 21:05:51 »

We won't get Powell

Agree. Will be off to a Premiership or Championship side in the Summer. Looked quality both on the opening day of the season and on Saturday.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Thursday, March 22, 2012, 21:32:06 »

[url width=320 height=256]http://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/javaImages/f8/49/0,,10341~10635768,00.jpg[/url]

what's going on with that beard?
Flashheart

« Reply #85 on: Thursday, March 22, 2012, 21:33:23 »

He loves Jesus...

No, really. He really really loves Jesus. I am not kidding
gingernuggets

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Thursday, March 22, 2012, 22:52:36 »

He's not shy in saying that Sheff Wednesday love their hoofball. Comes across pretty well, if he gets stuck in he could be class for us.
penhill red

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Thursday, March 22, 2012, 22:56:34 »

Didnt Simon Jordan quit Palace because of his disbelief at the amount the tribunal agreed Spurs should pay Palace for the at the time very highly rated John Bostock?

If "Practice makes perfect" and "nobody is perfect" why bother waste time practicing when there is beer to be drank.
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Thursday, March 22, 2012, 23:54:30 »

I would assume him and Foderingham know each other, both coming up the youth ranks at Crystal Palace at similar times, hopefully will help him settle and if he does well hopefully Wes can have a little word.
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Friday, March 23, 2012, 00:03:25 »

I would assume him and Foderingham know each other, both coming up the youth ranks at Crystal Palace at similar times, hopefully will help him settle and if he does well hopefully Wes can have a little word.

He left Palace a couple of years before Wes joined from Fulham.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: