Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Simon Cox my lord...  (Read 12975 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Wednesday, November 5, 2008, 10:26:44 »

Malpas is in the Adver saying if we sell Cox in January "it will be over my dead body" (his, not mine, obviously). Sounds like a win-win for Bart.

Selling Cox in January = disaster
Selling Cox in summer = inevitable
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Wednesday, November 5, 2008, 10:27:08 »

My view is how do you get things write off the pitch....dead easy by getting things write on the pitch,if Fitton and co are serious about getting this club up to the championship then dont sell your best players....oh and they are

Simon Cox
Brezovan and Ifil.....sell them and it will be crowds of 4000 thousand next year in LGE2.
End of the easiest bit of buisness ive ever discussed
If Cox is reasured we will get a few assets that will turn his hat tricks into points that take us up...why would he leave?

Dont agree at all. Brezovan has been pretty shit for a year. I honestly dont care if we sell him, he's never been the same since his injury and people who rate him very highly are just living off the memory of him pre-injury as far as I'm concerned. He's not "the best keeper in the division / outside the premier league" (i know you didnt say that, but others have) its touch and go if hes the best keeper at STFC.

Ifil has been up and down and appears to have the mental stength of jelly. We all know he can be quality, but you have to ask the question why a now experienced defender can let his form drop off so badly and fairly regually. Its not just malpas, its happened plenty of times before.  And the trouble is when he's off form hes a fucking liability.  Theres very little middle ground with him, he's either quality or terrible.

The fact is although he's put in some man of the match performances, goal saving tackles etc he has also cost us a fair number of goals in his STFC career. The good probably outweighs the bad but Part of me is starting to think we'd be better off betting a steadier centre back in who wouldnt be capable of the highs but would not produce so many lows either

I dont believe selling either of those 2 would have a massive impact on our season, certainly not enough to take us down.

Cox however is far and away our most important player currently - due mainly to his consistancy.  Macca could run him close on his day but goes missing to often.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, November 5, 2008, 10:34:12 by Colin Todd » Logged
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Wednesday, November 5, 2008, 11:11:43 »

I know I'll get slaughtered for this, but on my mother's life this is true. My mate's dentist is Cox's mum - I think she may even run it, anyway he was there yesterday and she was showing him all the newspaper clippings etc she collects. She says Fulham, Norwich, Ipswich and Sheff Utd are tracking him at the mo...

I agree that if we don't go up it's inevitable he'll leave in the summer but we must keep on to him until then...

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Wednesday, November 5, 2008, 12:13:24 »

Coventry fans seem to think they are after him too.

If you believe the gossip, Sheffield U have already sealed the deal. I don't believe that for a moment. If we are to lose him a bidding war is good business, Fitton knows that!
flammableBen

« Reply #79 on: Wednesday, November 5, 2008, 12:30:37 »

I think we'll sell him in January is if he throws a strop and starts requesting a move. If it gets to the point where he's publicly stating that he wants to go, then I think we'll give in sooner rather than later. Not sure it's too much of an unlikely scenario come transfer window time either.

If he does go a replacement isn't going to be easy to find, and not just as a dig at Malpas. Even with some recycled transfer cash to spend, January isn't ideal if you're looking for someone on form. Not sure Swindon have the signing power to reciprocate a cox leaving scenario with a top scorer from a league two club.

Barry Scott

« Reply #80 on: Wednesday, November 5, 2008, 12:55:09 »

If you believe the gossip, Sheffield U have already sealed the deal.

With Billy Sharp coming the other way would be nice.
my-velocity

« Reply #81 on: Wednesday, November 5, 2008, 12:58:41 »

So we sell Ifil...then Morrisson goes to some premier league club and plays for the reserves for the next couple of years. We'll be reate stuffed then.
People comparing Cox to Parkin need to think, if Cox goes in January it's a bit of a cop out as he wouldn't have even completed a season with us. Parkin was stronger, smarter and more loyal than cox has been for us since coming.
Still not happy with Malpas and some of his god awful decisions, needs sorting out asap.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #82 on: Wednesday, November 5, 2008, 13:02:40 »

Stating his highly ambitious desire to play for Liverpool one day - how has Cox been less loyal than Parkin? Give the guy a chance before assuming he's off in January/Summer.

Cox plays every week, scores most - talks of the importance of his team mates instead of talking about himself. Cox has done alot of growing up since his first STFC interviews.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Wednesday, November 5, 2008, 13:20:44 »

I think we'll sell him in January is if he throws a strop and starts requesting a move. If it gets to the point where he's publicly stating that he wants to go, then I think we'll give in sooner rather than later. Not sure it's too much of an unlikely scenario come transfer window time either.

If he does go a replacement isn't going to be easy to find, and not just as a dig at Malpas. Even with some recycled transfer cash to spend, January isn't ideal if you're looking for someone on form. Not sure Swindon have the signing power to reciprocate a cox leaving scenario with a top scorer from a league two club.

FB in sensible non-general discussion post!!  Eek Is he pissed?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
dell boy

« Reply #84 on: Wednesday, November 5, 2008, 13:21:04 »

Cox always looks to the fans when he comes on the pitch and off and applauds.
Whoever he plays for in the future, be it Swindon or a higher club I'm sure he will always give 100%, not only is he a great crowd pleaser, he is a good team player as well.
His scoring record for us must be up with the best this club has ever had.
What a gem of a signing.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Wednesday, November 5, 2008, 13:35:15 »

Exactly leefer if they are serious in getting to the CCC in 3 years (which was stated) selling your best players is not the way to do it.

I'm sure somewhere Mr. Fitton also said he wants the club to be stable which may mean we have to sell players to balance the books.

It isnt as black and white as sell him or dont sell him is it Bart. You should bloody know that if we do sell him in January then it will be for good money which will go towards keeping our club running.

If we didnt sell him and kept buying players and ran up debt then you'd be moaning about that

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Wednesday, November 5, 2008, 15:06:10 »

strikers that score goals will always be watched.
we have to accept that with coxy.
if he stays,he stays.if he goes it wont be a surprise and it will mean he's done the business here.
paynter deserves alot of credit also.his link up play for alot of the goal has been superb.they really are working well as a pair.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #87 on: Wednesday, November 5, 2008, 17:41:53 »

Paynter is one player I think has grown in confidence and done better under Malpas.
STFC Bart

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Wednesday, November 5, 2008, 23:07:05 »

If Cox goes i think we will go down. Cannot see how we would replace his goals. Its obvious that take his goals out of the team and we are fucked
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Wednesday, November 5, 2008, 23:15:57 »

If Cox goes i think we will go down. Cannot see how we would replace his goals. Its obvious that take his goals out of the team and we are fucked

Oh fuck off, please.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: