Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Barrow vs Swindon - Build up & Match day  (Read 9677 times)
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Sunday, April 7, 2024, 09:30:16 »

Can’t be a coincidence that the new assistant comes in, and we have two decent results in three games (with a Sutton shit sandwich). I read that as evidence that Gunning is not up to the job (supported by everything lacking in terms of his CV, demeanour, tactics and post match drivel). I fear Morfuni, in all of his footballing wisdom, will interpret this as evidence that Gunning is improving and worth a shot next year. I’m glad we won yesterday, but I fear it could damage next season.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Sunday, April 7, 2024, 10:25:03 »

I think a large drop in season ticket sales might get a message across that all is not good.
Family at War

Midfield Maestro

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Sunday, April 7, 2024, 10:27:43 »

Perhaps I am passed it but how are we mathematically safe?
Kaufman

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Sunday, April 7, 2024, 10:30:32 »

Sutton and FGR can only get to 48 points.
Just depends if we get a points deduction before the end of the season.
This is STFC after all
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #214 on: Sunday, April 7, 2024, 11:09:07 »

I see Carlisle were relegated back to L2 yesterday at the 1st time of asking despite their owner investing a lot of money and wages on new players this season.

One of the rich kids from L2 that are promoted will be replaced with another rich kid thats been relegated.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
iParadise

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Sunday, April 7, 2024, 11:09:12 »

I think a large drop in season ticket sales might get a message across that all is not good.

This is it.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #216 on: Sunday, April 7, 2024, 11:15:20 »

Will there be a large drop though?

We seem to have a hardcore support of around 3,000 season ticket sales no matter who is in charge and no matter what happens on the pitch.

That is figures that put many teams to shame in L2 who can often just master about 1,000 season ticket holders at most.

Clem and his fellow owners do not deserve such a loyal fanbase as that. Some fans will just buy tickets no matter how shit things are.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Sunday, April 7, 2024, 12:33:16 »

So, give no fucks
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Sunday, April 7, 2024, 12:59:22 »

We seem to have a hardcore support of around 3,000 season ticket sales no matter who is in charge and no matter what happens on the pitch.

That is figures that put many teams to shame in L2 who can often just master about 1,000 season ticket holders at most.

Clem and his fellow owners do not deserve such a loyal fanbase as that. Some fans will just buy tickets no matter how shit things are.

This is true, it’s the higher price walk ups that will hurt. ST income takes them through the closed season and into part of the season itself, bolstered by the walk ups. If the walk ups show a similar decline as the ST then Digger and his fellow owners are going to find the going extremely tough. Let’s not forget. League and FA cup first round exits guaranteed.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Sunday, April 7, 2024, 13:34:24 »

Can’t be a coincidence that the new assistant comes in, and we have two decent results in three games (with a Sutton shit sandwich). I read that as evidence that Gunning is not up to the job (supported by everything lacking in terms of his CV, demeanour, tactics and post match drivel). I fear Morfuni, in all of his footballing wisdom, will interpret this as evidence that Gunning is improving and worth a shot next year. I’m glad we won yesterday, but I fear it could damage next season.
Yes. That's amazing,considering most people said "who's going to want to come here?"

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
adje

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Sunday, April 7, 2024, 13:40:38 »

I will add though it is a damning indictment of the state of things, that we are celebrating not only a clean sheet but beating Barrow {fucking Barrerrh}
Yes, amazing when many people "couldn't see past a defeat"

adje

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Sunday, April 7, 2024, 13:45:37 »

What are the chances of keeping the defensive midfielder and both strikers for next season? 🤞

Maybe slim. But, many "experts" said "what good players are going to want to come here?"

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Sunday, April 7, 2024, 14:07:06 »

And the answer is people of better quality who have had bad injury/illness issues that nobody else will touch.

It's so high risk as a transfer policy. Obviously the rewards are high but these should should not be the staple of our recruitment
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Sunday, April 7, 2024, 14:21:37 »

Yep - Glatzel's been brilliant, but every one of us looked at his injury record and thought he could be another Devine. He hasn't, and let's all hope that continues, but you'll get misses as well as hits!
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Sunday, April 7, 2024, 14:29:03 »

When we had 5.5k season ticket holders, we got around 3.5k walk ups, when we averaged 9k a couple of seasons ago. 3.5k season tickets plus an estimated 2.5k walk ups next season will hurt.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: