Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Who's impressed you so far?  (Read 5623 times)
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2009, 09:03:59 »

Its easier to say who hasnt impressed!

Timlin has disapointed me and I think Lescinal has a hell of a lot to learn and Kennedy is a much better option at left back. Paynter's work ethic is still top notch but he is lacking in front of goal. Hutchinson needs more playing time and he will come good a bit like what happened to tope.

In fact I would have Paynter behind Revell, Tope and Hutchinson.
Freddies Ferret

« Reply #46 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2009, 09:07:22 »

Id definitely have revell and hutch ahead of billy, but billy ahead of tope! tope is poo
mexico red

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2009, 09:16:39 »

Tope is obviously not poo is he. He is improving every game as he gets experience, most importantly he adds something totally different up front. He can do the unexpected and has the speed and skill to carry it off. Someone likened him to Asprilla and i can see where they were coming from. A few more months under wilson and shirtliff he will be the absolute bollocks at this level.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #48 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2009, 09:17:36 »

I like Tope,he offers something totally different and scares the shit out of other teams.
mexico red

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2009, 09:19:01 »

exactly my sentiments Mr. Shop
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2009, 09:33:53 »

When he first joined you could see he didn't have the footballing brain for this level and he lost the ball quite a bit. He reminded me of a worse Christian Roberts in that he scared the shit out of defenders but he would maybe only produce something once or twice in a match. I didn't rate him as he looked far too clumsy to improve to the required level.

Credit where it's due, he is improving and is beginning to show a bit more footballing nouse. Unlike Robson-Kanu I think he's giving it his all whereas Kanu was more adapted/better for our level but his heart wasn't quite in it. With a fair bit of work Tope will be at least twice the player of HRK.

Obedeyi was my man of the match against Wycombe. If he continues to improve I will begin to rate him a bit more.
Spencer_White

« Reply #51 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2009, 18:42:04 »

Regarding Tope, Ive rarely seen a new player improve so quickly.

First team football was obviously exactly what he needed. Maybe he was ill for the 1st 2 games?

Both JPM and Timlin had big problems with their consistency. Theyve both had a lot more competition this season. McGovern has upped his game and stayed in the team, Timlin had a couple of average games and got replaced by Ferry. Its great watching a team where you know they need to play well to stay in it.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, October 6, 2009, 18:44:27 by Spencer_White » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: