Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Who's impressed you so far?  (Read 5624 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, October 5, 2009, 15:39:31 »

from the two games i've seen, amankwaah and jpm have to be the ones deserving of the most credit given how much they've improved from last season.

i also really like lecsinel, even if he's raw and unpolished.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, October 5, 2009, 15:49:52 »

For me Douglas..his defensive qualitys have been outstanding..the times hes got back to block shots and cover when weve been caught has been brilliant..in fact Ferry as well was often in the right back position on saturday covering.....in fact you could say probably his only blip was getting in Lucas,s way for Brentfords  second.
Think Cuthbert could go all the way...dont know how we managed to get him...the first half at Exeter he was brilliant with his positioning on crosses....so for me Douglas...just.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, October 5, 2009, 16:04:26 »

I'd like to see you call Cuthbert a fairy and see what happens.

Your fat fingers are nothing compared to my club hands.
lambourn red

« Reply #18 on: Monday, October 5, 2009, 16:05:59 »

For me Douglas..his defensive qualitys have been outstanding..the times hes got back to block shots and cover when weve been caught has been brilliant..in fact Ferry as well was often in the right back position on saturday covering.....in fact you could say probably his only blip was getting in Lucas,s way for Brentfords  second.
Think Cuthbert could go all the way...dont know how we managed to get him...the first half at Exeter he was brilliant with his positioning on crosses....so for me Douglas...just.

Some knob on the Adver comment section with this statement

"YES!!!!!! Get peacks back in the middle instead of douglas, who does nothing of any note except grow long hair and miss sitters"

at first I thought what a great wind up until he posted the following

"I'm actually on a lunch break at work, and don't understand the hatred.

Its sadly what seems to be the attitude of most swindon fans though - If you don't agree with the happy clappers your instantly ridiculed"

If this is the level of football knowledge of some of our fans then no wonder they boo players. For me Douglas has been our best player so far he is the reason that JPM is being able to play so freely and that the defense are not under so much pressure.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, October 5, 2009, 16:20:39 »

Yep-Douglas for me,closely followed by Lucas so far

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, October 5, 2009, 16:22:14 »

Enough said Lambourn.....things dont suprise me in footy so in footy related topics dont really get wound up.....remember someone slating Cox for being lazy and a Leeds fan i know tells me that Beckford gets abuse from some sections there....JPM has impressed as well....on the other side though and ide never slag but Mcmanee has dissapointed me this year so far.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, October 5, 2009, 16:37:17 »

Enough said Lambourn.....things dont suprise me in footy so in footy related topics dont really get wound up.....remember someone slating Cox for being lazy and a Leeds fan i know tells me that Beckford gets abuse from some sections there....JPM has impressed as well....on the other side though and ide never slag but Mcmanee has dissapointed me this year so far.

Still our most creative player though dont you think ?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, October 5, 2009, 17:03:48 »

Amankwaah has been superb at all the games i've seen this season

Things get better but they never get good
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, October 5, 2009, 17:08:48 »

Winter now Adje, macca will be hibernating now til March, hope O'brien is fit soon Wink
The Professor

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, October 5, 2009, 17:20:51 »

Great to be able to have this debate. There have been a few recent seasons when no-one has really impressed in the team and we'd all have been hard pressed to make a pick. I agree with most of the poster's choices: JPM, Kev, Douglas, Lucas but the one who I'd pick just because he clearly relishes playing football is Ferry.  I look forward to seeing him pull on the blue shirt of Scotland & I shall remember his time at the County Ground with satisfaction. I really think he can go all the way.  When he made his first appearance I thought he looked a bit small but for someone his size he can tackle hard, he reads a game well, he can pass accurately, supports his teams mates & just needs a goal to be the (almost) finished article. Very good little player & delighted that he's come on loan to Swindon.  Well done, DW
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, October 5, 2009, 17:58:58 »

Yes...when he does create which is no ware near enough...Ferry creates more in my opinion.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, October 5, 2009, 18:00:50 »

Ferry reminds me of Brian Howard...but his defensive side is alot better.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, October 5, 2009, 18:02:37 »

Mcnamee made our second goal on saturday though?

Things get better but they never get good
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, October 5, 2009, 18:05:59 »

Not knocking him Dave...hes a very important player for us,just i feel hes got alot more to give and dosnt play two good matches....unlike the Cuthberts,Greer and Douglas etc............
Spencer_White

« Reply #29 on: Monday, October 5, 2009, 18:20:10 »

I think Ferry and Cuthbert could both be future internationals. Theyve been excellent this season. As has Amankwaah. Douglas makes us so difficult to beat, very good. McGovern, Greer, Lucas, very good. I think Macklin has been underrated and underused.

I think Paynter will come back strong in the next few months.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: